Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Florida and it's mandatory ethanol requirements... exclusions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-09, 03:06 PM
Kevlar@BFC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Florida and it's mandatory ethanol requirements... exclusions?

So ... apparently it is requirement of Florida to be an E10 state. That means all fuel stations must carry E10 (90% fuel/10% ethanol). However, there are exclusions to this mandate.

The following piston engine applications should not use ethanol blended gasoline:

Any 2 cycle engine used in tools, watercraft, snowmobiles, etc., or small 4 cycle engines.
Any engines used in an emergency stationary engine application like a generator, especially in a humid climate.
All watercraft. Ethanol blended gasoline should never be used in a marine environment.
Antique and classic cars and classic motorcycles.
All aircraft.

All of these users must be able to get ethanol free (E0) gasoline. If you live in a state without a mandatory ethanol blending law, you have no exemptions, ethanol will eventually be blended into all of your unleaded gasoline and there is no requirement in EISA 2007 to label gas pumps with ethanol content.
Does anybody know of any gas stations that provided E0 fuel?

PS, do you guys notice a difference running on Ethanol? If not then I guess this really doesn't apply to you guys...
Old 05-11-09, 04:41 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea there are still a few stations out there that still carry 100% gasoline and stay away from the ethanol bull****.

they only station i can recall off the top of my head is the marathon gas stations. and 2 things ive noticed, 1 price of the gas is about 10cents mroe per gallon and i generally get get about 20-30miles more on a full tank, of course ppl are gonna say its the way i drive, but its me.
Old 05-11-09, 07:14 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

all the marinas selling fuel carry non ethanol and your extended miles is a reality I did a little test on one of my boats with a flow scan and I burn about 1.2 gal per hour more on e10!
Old 05-12-09, 06:06 AM
Kevlar@BFC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
all the marinas selling fuel carry non ethanol and your extended miles is a reality I did a little test on one of my boats with a flow scan and I burn about 1.2 gal per hour more on e10!
Well that helps some... cause everybody said it was the way I drive too.