Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Big Meet Weekend Jan 19th (IS-F Meet) W.Palm Beach (FINAL PLAN POSTED for Fri/Sat)!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 06:46 PM
LexFather

Exclamation Big Meet Weekend Jan 19th (IS-F Meet) W.Palm Beach (FINAL PLAN POSTED for Fri/Sat)!!

I am sure most here are aware of the IS-F drive at W. Palm Beach Jan 19th. My freaking bags are packed. I'm recruiting girls already
Okay gang here is the FINAL plan. It is not perfect but I think we can make the most of it.
1. Friday night

Thread here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=325665

Edited. We will meet at the gas station next to Moroso Motorsports park http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/
at 7pm and leave and drive through the gates together at 7:30 sharp. This allows people to fill up who needs it and for us to have a nice Lexus caravan inside.

Once inside, we will PARK first in an area for all our cars to be together. From there you can run your car ALL YOU WANT until 1am!!!!

If you come after 7:30, look for the Lexus vehicles parked together. Not sure how long we will stay, it depends on the crowd there, and wrecks etc. Probably for a good while once weather holds up.

Moroso is having Midnight Madness this night, gates are open from 6pm-1am. Lets get together and run for fun. Turbo'd, Supercharged, Nitros, NA, it doesn't matter, you don't even have to run your car if you don't want to. I was thinking we just make it a little Mini meet and heck throw some of the cars down the track for shiits and giggles? By the way you don't have to bring your Lexus, I'm gonna try to get my brother to either bring out his 8sec Mustang or the at least his 10sec Mustang.

Directions

From the South take I-95 (exit 79B) or FL Turnpike (exit 109) to PGA Blvd. Go west to SR 710 and turn right, go 8.2 miles.

From the North take I-95 (exit 87B) or FL Turnpike (exit 116) to Indiantown Rd (SR706) go west to SR710 turn left, go 3 miles.

From the Naples/Ft. Myers area take I-75 south to the Turnpike, take the Turnpike north to Exit 109 (PGA Blvd). Take PGA Blvd. West until it dead-ends (SR 710/Beeline Hwy), take a right and continue for 8 miles.

For yall with NAV

Moroso Motorsports Park
561.622.1400 or 561.626.2053 FAX
17047 Beeline Hwy.
Jupiter, FL 33478

2. Saturday
-I will get there around 7:15-7:30 am and park where I feel there is AMPLE space to be surrounded by TONS and TONS of Lexus. Its our meet spot and for photo opportunities. Please forgive me, I am have not been here before but if its like other tracks I have been too, it should not be a problem. PLEASE PARK TOGETHER and if possible BY CAR MODEL
-1IS
-2IS
-1GS
-2GS
-3GS
-1SC
-2SC
-RX/LX etc etc
I would like us to try our best to park NEXT to like car model instead of Lexus vehicles all over the parking lot.
-Lexus meet all day long, 8-5pm!!!! in the parking lot for those waiting to drive, finished driving, those not driving and those that want to show some love and share their cars!
Saturday PART II
-We will eat dinner at DAISY DUKES Saloon http://www.daisydukessaloon.com/

Directions here
http://www.google.com/maps?q=10060+P...i=map&ct=title

For those with NAV

10060 Pines Blvd
Hollywood, FL 33024
954-430-9930
at 7:00 pm for dinner. This allows time for the 5pm people to arrive and those that hung out all day to change/shower up. I will call for reservations for at least 20.
-For those that want to hang out, I am sure that will be figured out at the dinner table there

3. Sunday
-no plan, recuperate and log onto Clublexus to post pics and give a recap!!!

Mike

Last edited by LexFather; 01-15-08 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-19-07, 06:59 PM
LexFather

I am officially naming this weekend "WHAT THE "F"......
Old 12-19-07, 07:09 PM
LexFather

Okay, the track seems to be in the middle of nowhere, lol....(google maps ftw)!!

Correct me if I am wrong, looks to be about 20 miles east of the shore and 15 miles east of W. Palm Beach....

Anyone in W. Palm Beach?

These are hotels with Moroso special rates...I'm going to ask around and see which one would be good for out of towners to stay at...

http://racemoroso.com/index.php?opti...mode=0&catid=9

Last edited by LexFather; 12-19-07 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-19-07, 07:59 PM
bishoptane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.comfortinn.com/ires/en-US...657&promo=glba

i think this is your best bet.
Old 12-19-07, 09:53 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be in town around 8pm or so Friday, driving at 11am Saturday. Flying down so won't have my 350, but it'd be fun to meet up for at least a beer/chat!
Old 12-20-07, 11:18 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

MIKE, my car should be out the shop by then so Im down...This event is going to be great..Im not too familiar with the surrounding area but there are alot of restaurants and a few "clubs" within driving distance..Looking forward to meeting you after all these years of reading your post..
Old 12-20-07, 01:28 PM
tj4306
Driver

I live in West Palm Beach so anyone has any questions please let me know. I would love to help.
Old 12-20-07, 01:29 PM
cpone
There can only be One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO can do, I'll be in FT Lauderdale on a business trip all day that day.
Old 12-20-07, 01:40 PM
tj4306
Driver

The just moved Lexus Of Palm Beach to a new 100,000 sq ft facility the have a huge parking lot.
Old 12-20-07, 02:12 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Im down. Count me in!
Old 12-20-07, 02:24 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

im in, see ya there im driving at 11am...sounds like a good idea to meet up and take some pics...ill be drivign down from orlando, if anyone from the orlando crew wants to roll down as a group im sure it would be a great drive
Old 12-20-07, 03:31 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by johnee78
MIKE, my car should be out the shop by then so Im down...This event is going to be great..Im not too familiar with the surrounding area but there are alot of restaurants and a few "clubs" within driving distance..Looking forward to meeting you after all these years of reading your post..
Likewise.
Originally Posted by ES3
I will be in town around 8pm or so Friday, driving at 11am Saturday. Flying down so won't have my 350, but it'd be fun to meet up for at least a beer/chat!
Great, that is the idea, to get out of towners all together to meet/greet/eat/skeet skeet at the club
Old 12-20-07, 03:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by tj4306
I live in West Palm Beach so anyone has any questions please let me know. I would love to help.
Thank you so much!! The idea is to find a great spot to hang/eat Friday night and a good hotel(s).

Saturday we will all be at the track and I'm thinking big meet maybe in the parking lot there, as the IS-F drive is for an hour.

Sunday is up in the air, maybe make that the meet day? Those that can't make Saturday can hang out Sunday....

All/Any Ideas are welcome!!
Old 12-20-07, 03:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by tj4306
The just moved Lexus Of Palm Beach to a new 100,000 sq ft facility the have a huge parking lot.
Does anyone have a contact there? Maybe we can have a meet there on Sunday????? I would love to speak to someone if we have a contact.

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
Im down. Count me in!

Originally Posted by cpone
NO can do, I'll be in FT Lauderdale on a business trip all day that day.
You acting like a real punk! How does your Sunday look??
Old 12-20-07, 03:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lexis307
im in, see ya there im driving at 11am...sounds like a good idea to meet up and take some pics...ill be drivign down from orlando, if anyone from the orlando crew wants to roll down as a group im sure it would be a great drive
An Orlando/Miami etc Caravans to this event would be great.

I figure even if you cannot DRIVE the IS-F, people might want to spectate or just attend a great big meet.

There are 160 slots, say 60 people don't have a Lex or dont drive, that is a 100 car meet easy.

Maybe even cruise down the strips by the beach? That would be an AWESOME sight!!

Quick Reply: Big Meet Weekend Jan 19th (IS-F Meet) W.Palm Beach (FINAL PLAN POSTED for Fri/Sat)!!