Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts
View Poll Results: What should I do about the ticket? for going 95mph in a 65mph zone
Pay the lawyer $70 and take my chances of getting points and paying the ticket
78.57%
Take off work and go in person, which is an inconvience since I have a full time job
0%
Just Pay the $300+ fine and go to school
21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Speeding Ticket in Palm Beach County

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06, 12:22 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Speeding Ticket in Palm Beach County

So I was driving down I-95 on a thursday night at about 11:30 at night. I was prob going about 85 mph since traffic was dead. The cop gave me a ticket for going 95 prob so I would be 30 mph over the speed limit and get the maximum ticket. He had also pulled another car over that was going faster than I not sure what he got on his ticket. Anyways I am wondering what I should do. I called this one lawyer that my friend reccomended who got him off on his tickets and the lawyer suggested that I just go to school and pay the $300+ ticket since I havent gotten a ticket for a while and am still elgible for school. If I take it to court myself I have a pretty good excuse in that I was mulling over the death of my grandma who had just died and wasnt really paying attention to the speedometer. I hear the judges in this county are pretty strict, not sure though never gotten a ticket in this county before.
Old 06-27-06, 03:59 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Lawyer is your best bet. If you take traffic school, you still going to have to pay at least 75% of the ticket.
Old 06-27-06, 06:55 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deal is if you get a lawyer and fight it a few things could happen:

a) cop doesn't show, buh bye ticket;
b) lawyer gets you straight traffic school, no points - well worth the $70;
c) lawyer gets you traffic school plus some fine, no points - still worth it;
d) lawyer gets you totally off the ticket due to some technicality - definitely worth it.

Any "ticket clinic" type lawyer should be able to easily get you b and c - a is just based on luck, d is possible also.
Old 06-27-06, 08:39 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

Stephen Salvati - Delray Beach. I got a speeding ticket on Palm Sunday and i was 19 mph over the limit (45). I got the ticket in Palm Beach County in the amount for $187.00. I just got my results: No Points, No school,,.....it was pretty much dropped. Total out the door cost:

$70 Fee to the lawyer
$150 Fee for court costs.
Old 06-27-06, 11:41 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BlitzIS350
Stephen Salvati - Delray Beach. I got a speeding ticket on Palm Sunday and i was 19 mph over the limit (45). I got the ticket in Palm Beach County in the amount for $187.00. I just got my results: No Points, No school,,.....it was pretty much dropped. Total out the door cost:

$70 Fee to the lawyer
$150 Fee for court costs.
You paid a little more but well worth it in the end.
Old 06-28-06, 09:00 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only reason why I am hesitant is this lawyer said that mgistrates in palm beach county will almost certainly give you the points for going 90+
Old 06-29-06, 02:46 PM
AgentEzzard
Driver School Candidate

I know A decent traffic school on Forest Hill and Congress.
Old 06-30-06, 12:18 AM
ItalianLex
Lead Lap

I would say contact Leifert and Leifert. They have done wonders for my tickets. They are like $75 bucks and will garuntee no points on your license as long as you haven't had a ticket within the previous year I believe. Good luck man.
Old 06-30-06, 05:19 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Some Cops are Just Jerks!!!

Last night I was not speeding, but I did take off fast from a stop light. Zero to 50mph (posted was 50mph) in several seconds. So a moment later I see a car in the rearview mirror gaining very fast. It was a unmarked Seminole County Sherrif. He rode my *** for about 3 miles. He was right on my bumper, while he ran my tag. I did not vary my speed or change lanes. He finally pulled off after exhausting any chance he may have had to pull me. I see so many a-hole drivers out there all the time, who go un-noticed by the Cops. Just because I reached the speed limit quickly, I got noticed, persued, and tail-gated. He was being a real JERK. He was so close to my rear bumper I thought he was going to ram me. They seem to ignore idiot drivers and focus on regular upstanding drivers because they know we will stop and that we can pay them $$$$$$$.
Old 06-30-06, 11:10 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1TYTESC
Last night I was not speeding, but I did take off fast from a stop light. Zero to 50mph (posted was 50mph) in several seconds. So a moment later I see a car in the rearview mirror gaining very fast. It was a unmarked Seminole County Sherrif. He rode my *** for about 3 miles. He was right on my bumper, while he ran my tag. I did not vary my speed or change lanes. He finally pulled off after exhausting any chance he may have had to pull me. I see so many a-hole drivers out there all the time, who go un-noticed by the Cops. Just because I reached the speed limit quickly, I got noticed, persued, and tail-gated. He was being a real JERK. He was so close to my rear bumper I thought he was going to ram me. They seem to ignore idiot drivers and focus on regular upstanding drivers because they know we will stop and that we can pay them $$$$$$$.
What if you saw an "animal" ahead of you and breaked really really hard, and he wouldve hit your car? I wonder if he would be fined for tailgating?

Back on subject though, i notice cops will raise your speed by 10MPH and somehow manage to get away with it. It amazes me how they do it too. Its perfectly legal for them, because if you took that excuse to the court they would dismiss it as a lame excuse, even though the cop completely lied about the whole situation.
Old 06-30-06, 12:13 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
What if you saw an "animal" ahead of you and breaked really really hard, and he wouldve hit your car? I wonder if he would be fined for tailgating?

Back on subject though, i notice cops will raise your speed by 10MPH and somehow manage to get away with it. It amazes me how they do it too. Its perfectly legal for them, because if you took that excuse to the court they would dismiss it as a lame excuse, even though the cop completely lied about the whole situation.
No doubt if I stopped short he would have pulverized my car and maybe me! Abuse of power is a common reality and we all suffer from it.

Tony... we feel for you man, good luck!
Old 06-30-06, 12:16 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

I know here in Louisiana you have a right to see the radar gun and the speed that he clocked u at and since 90% of the cop cars have video in them all u have to do is get the radar gun reading in site of the video and then the cop can't lie.But if u get a cop without video i really don't know what that law is good for.
Richard
Old 07-05-06, 10:00 AM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

My advice, pay the lawyer and buy a valentine one radar detector. I have the valentine one and concealed display. It's well worth the investment and sense of security. 95% of the cops and FHP use KA band around here with an occasional K band. Most FHP officers leave there radar on, making the radar detector an easy cop detector.

Old 07-05-06, 01:39 PM
tg123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
So I was driving down I-95 on a thursday night at about 11:30 at night. I was prob going about 85 mph since traffic was dead. The cop gave me a ticket for going 95 prob so I would be 30 mph over the speed limit and get the maximum ticket. He had also pulled another car over that was going faster than I not sure what he got on his ticket. Anyways I am wondering what I should do. I called this one lawyer that my friend reccomended who got him off on his tickets and the lawyer suggested that I just go to school and pay the $300+ ticket since I havent gotten a ticket for a while and am still elgible for school. If I take it to court myself I have a pretty good excuse in that I was mulling over the death of my grandma who had just died and wasnt really paying attention to the speedometer. I hear the judges in this county are pretty strict, not sure though never gotten a ticket in this county before.
I got ticket a couple months ago doing 30+ on the side road next to I595 and paid 65.00 and the lawyer took care of the ticket. Just get a lawyer, it wil be fine.
Old 07-17-06, 04:00 PM
2JZGTE-SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CoasterG
Deal is if you get a lawyer and fight it a few things could happen:

a) cop doesn't show, buh bye ticket;
b) lawyer gets you straight traffic school, no points - well worth the $70;
c) lawyer gets you traffic school plus some fine, no points - still worth it;
d) lawyer gets you totally off the ticket due to some technicality - definitely worth it.

Any "ticket clinic" type lawyer should be able to easily get you b and c - a is just based on luck, d is possible also.
a...you don't need a lawyer for that, if the cop doesn't show it will usually be thrown out.
b...you don't need a lawyer to go to traffic school, you just need about $30.00 & pay for it yourself
c...this reply of yours doesnt even make sence
d...very unlikely, unless you want to believe those bull**** tv, radio, and mail advertisements.

get your facts right before posting crap. I can guarantee i've been through more traffic court preceedings than you...i can tell just by the fact nothing you say is accurate.

if you want to waste money on a lawyer and end up paying fines anyway, then do what this guy suggests.

I suggest just pay the fine and go to traffic school since you're eligible, you have the fines taken care of and no points, and you DIDN'T waste money giving it to some scumbag traffic ticket lawyer

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket in Palm Beach County