Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good
Old 04-22-15, 01:50 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisexv6
How about a prospective new buyer?

Not a huge fan of the front end changes, but do like the slightly refreshed rear design, and like the new interior option(s)
Only the prospective new buyer can answer that question. I would if I were looking for a new car.
Old 04-22-15, 10:44 PM
Vihzel
Driver School Candidate

Does Lexus not put announced vehicles in their 'Future' section until it's revealed in the US?
Old 04-23-15, 06:18 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

It's not as hideous as I originally thought. I would probably buy it if I were looking next year, vs. back 2013. It still looks 10x better than any ES prior to the 2013 redesign. My biggest concerns would be that they're going to be made in KY (the 350). Not saying they're going to come out with quality issues, but I wouldn't want to be one of the first to find out. I would definitely be looking to pick up a hugely discounted 2015 in a month, or two, if in the market now.
Old 04-23-15, 08:32 PM
Vihzel
Driver School Candidate

Anyone think they will force you to buy the ultra luxury package if you want navigation? It sucks that the price of the hybrid jumps by $5,000 just to get the navigation system. I'd much rather just get the luxury package and not ultra luxury.
Old 04-24-15, 01:24 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

You don't have to get the Ultra Luxury package to get navigation now...
Old 04-24-15, 03:36 AM
Vihzel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You don't have to get the Ultra Luxury package to get navigation now...
Hmm... when I go to the Lexus website and build an ES 300h, the navigation system is stuck with the navigation/Mark Levinson premium audio package. When I click to add that package, I get a pop up saying that the package requires the Ultra Luxury package.
Old 04-24-15, 04:21 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Vihzel
Hmm... when I go to the Lexus website and build an ES 300h, the navigation system is stuck with the navigation/Mark Levinson premium audio package. When I click to add that package, I get a pop up saying that the package requires the Ultra Luxury package.
You can get NAV but you can't get Mark Levinson without special ordering in your area.
ML is standard in the ultra luxury.
Old 04-24-15, 04:29 AM
Vihzel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joeb427
You can get NAV but you can't get Mark Levinson without special ordering in your area.
ML is standard in the ultra luxury.
Oh that's the thing. I don't even get navigation only option package. I only see navigation/ML package.
Old 04-24-15, 04:35 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh that's the thing. I don't even get navigation only option package. I only see navigation/ML package.
My dealer in NJ shows their 300h models in stock have NAV.All $47xxx list.
You won't have a problem finding a 300h with NAV.
Old 04-24-15, 04:51 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

The package and option combinations shown as available on the Lexus website only indicate what combinations have currently been in production and that have recently been shipped to dealers. At other times in the production year, other combinations are or have been available.

Even if Lexus is not currently building vehicles with the Luxury package and and navigation, it is likely that many dealers should have that combination in their current inventory from other production runs. And, in other threads, there are a number of people who have posted here saying that they were able to find a 2015 ES with the luxury package and navigation.

If I were looking for such a vehicle, however, I think that I would start looking and be prepared to buy quickly because, with the announcement of the 2016 ES, I suspect that Lexus will be stopping production of 2015 ES vehicles very soon, if they have not already done so, and what is already in dealer inventories will be the last of what will be available for a 2015 ES.
Old 04-24-15, 02:06 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
It's not as hideous as I originally thought. I would probably buy it if I were looking next year, vs. back 2013. It still looks 10x better than any ES prior to the 2013 redesign. My biggest concerns would be that they're going to be made in KY (the 350). Not saying they're going to come out with quality issues, but I wouldn't want to be one of the first to find out. I would definitely be looking to pick up a hugely discounted 2015 in a month, or two, if in the market now.
they've been making camrys and avalons there for decades. Honda been making accords in Ohio since the 80s. Neither has had quality drop offs from moving production from Japan.
Old 04-24-15, 02:13 PM
Amphibulus
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice upgrade, but I was hoping for an AWD. That's what I dislike the most about the ES.
Old 04-24-15, 03:13 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeller
they've been making camrys and avalons there for decades. Honda been making accords in Ohio since the 80s. Neither has had quality drop offs from moving production from Japan.
In the last 20 years or so, I've owned 12 vehicles from Nissan, Infiniti, and Toyota (plus 3 Lexus vehicles). Of the 12 Nissan, Infiniti, and Toyota vehicles, 6 were built in Japan and 6 were built in the US. While all 12 were excellent and well-built vehicles, the 6 built in Japan were just a notch above the 6 built in the US with regard to things like fits and finishes, the amount of orange peel in the paint, and absence of minor squeaks and rattles.

While I hope that the ES vehicles built in Kentucky are built as well as those that have been built in Japan, until or unless that becomes an established reality, if I had the choice, I'd prefer to buy one built in Japan. I wish that my experience with those 12 vehicles had been otherwise, but I cannot ignore that experience.
Old 04-24-15, 06:43 PM
airgas1998
Driver

Originally Posted by lesz
In the last 20 years or so, I've owned 12 vehicles from Nissan, Infiniti, and Toyota (plus 3 Lexus vehicles). Of the 12 Nissan, Infiniti, and Toyota vehicles, 6 were built in Japan and 6 were built in the US. While all 12 were excellent and well-built vehicles, the 6 built in Japan were just a notch above the 6 built in the US with regard to things like fits and finishes, the amount of orange peel in the paint, and absence of minor squeaks and rattles.

While I hope that the ES vehicles built in Kentucky are built as well as those that have been built in Japan, until or unless that becomes an established reality, if I had the choice, I'd prefer to buy one built in Japan. I wish that my experience with those 12 vehicles had been otherwise, but I cannot ignore that experience.
exactly.....i've observed the same. the orange peel is simply non-existent. why can't they do the same here.

Quick Reply: 2016 Lexus ES Refresh Officially Unveiled