ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Successful Beat Street GPS/DVD bypass installed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 08:16 PM
wowzer
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Successful Beat Street GPS/DVD bypass installed.

I just had time to do the install this afternoon. I bought a set of cheap trim pullers from PEP boys. The black and white instructions were fine. The video i posted earlier about removing the trim from the 2015 ES in Korea was identical to the US version.

The bypass works as advertised. The only downside is that the gps wont update your position until you turn the unit off. I guess this is because the Toyota radio (it has the toyota label on it), wont allow youto enter an address if the vehicle is moving. The beat street unit has a plug for the gps unit, but the instructions do not tell you to use it. i tried the gps both ways (ie drove around with the gps directly plugged into the radio and into the bypass, but both had the same result....no update on your location until the unit was turned off). This is a little bummer, but it works.

The dvd will play with the vehicle moving, which is nice. If i have the kids in the car ( i wont watch it while driving). Overall, the install was easy...you just have to be willing to pull on the trim with the removal tool wedged between the clip and the car. I took some pictures that i will try to post later.
Old 04-07-15, 09:22 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Wowzer all of these are the same. They disable the speed signal to make it appear that the car is not moving so that effectively disables the moving icon on the screen but allows you to make whatever changes you need on the nav unt. As long as it's easy to turn it on and off then that's the key. I have the Prestigious Society bypass and it can be disabled and enabled by pushing the volume control --++ on the steering wheel so it's easy to use.
Old 04-07-15, 10:22 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wowzer
I just had time to do the install this afternoon. I bought a set of cheap trim pullers from PEP boys. The black and white instructions were fine. The video i posted earlier about removing the trim from the 2015 ES in Korea was identical to the US version.

The bypass works as advertised. The only downside is that the gps wont update your position until you turn the unit off. I guess this is because the Toyota radio (it has the toyota label on it), wont allow youto enter an address if the vehicle is moving. The beat street unit has a plug for the gps unit, but the instructions do not tell you to use it. i tried the gps both ways (ie drove around with the gps directly plugged into the radio and into the bypass, but both had the same result....no update on your location until the unit was turned off). This is a little bummer, but it works.

The dvd will play with the vehicle moving, which is nice. If i have the kids in the car ( i wont watch it while driving). Overall, the install was easy...you just have to be willing to pull on the trim with the removal tool wedged between the clip and the car. I took some pictures that i will try to post later.
Thanks for the positive review

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 04-08-15, 08:00 PM
isidro0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have added Beats video input while you were there. Then an HDMI to RCA and Measy stick to complete.
Attached Thumbnails Successful Beat Street GPS/DVD bypass installed.-img_0970.jpg   Successful Beat Street GPS/DVD bypass installed.-img_0965.jpg   Successful Beat Street GPS/DVD bypass installed.-img_0969.jpg