ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-15, 01:00 PM
Santosh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to share photos of my 2013 ES350 with UL Package and Michelin Pilot Super Sports on 20" Lexani CSS rims. This is my first post and enjoying everyone's posts and pics!

Last edited by Santosh; 04-20-15 at 08:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Steven777 (02-28-18)
Old 03-29-15, 01:09 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Santosh
Just wanted to share photos of my 2013 ES350 with UL Package and Michelin Pilot Super Sports on 20" Lexani CSS rims. This is my first post and enjoying everyone's posts and pics!
Looks great! Welcome!!!
Old 03-29-15, 04:46 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CL and good pick up.

Did u do any suspension modifocation or springs before you put on the 20s. Hows the ride, honestly. Because the ES is a bit firm even with 17s, mainly at low speeds.
Old 03-29-15, 05:43 PM
Santosh
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. I considered lowering springs but didn't do any suspension mods. I was really worried about the ride quality going to 20" but to be honest I feel like it's much smoother now with the new Michelins since the original Bridgestones with 18" wheels was a little rough. I've been more than happy with the results! The customization shop Ultimate Auto here in Orlando, FL did an amazing job for a good price.
Old 03-30-15, 04:24 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

so you would go as far as to say the ride is even better as far as comfort with the 20s rather than 18s ?
Old 03-30-15, 06:44 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

There was another ES300h owner on here with 20s and coilovers who said the ride was the same. And he was also in Florida

Man I envy your nice smooth roads... Those are awesome rims that bring up the car to another level. What tires are you running?

On the reverse LEDs, I don't think they're a big improvement over stock bulbs. Mine are brighter but they don't reach as far. The good thing is clearer vision from the white light. I saw a Benz C200L with stock reverse LEDs mounted lower than the ES placement and those really lit up the back of the car.
Old 03-30-15, 07:50 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Yeah a lot of guys say the ride is the same even when upsizing +2 or +3. But the aspect that scares me personally with Lexus is when i leased the 2014 GS 350 in Sept of last year, they came with stock 18s. Wanting a different look i ordered a set of 19" Ace Convex in gunmetal gloss from my buddies wheel shop, i installed them with the same tires the F Sport come on the GS, which was Bridgestone i think. Soon as i left the driveway of the tire shop i noticed a very bumpy ride. Alignment was fine and the tires were balanced accordingly. I thought no way can going up from 18 to 19 make such a huge difference but it did. I mean i have 20s on my Challenger SRT and the ride is fine. Well to cut the story short i sold the wheels after just 3 days and put 18s back on the car.

I was really bummed out because the 19s Ace Convex looked really nice on my Obsidian black GS, but the soft, comfy ride was gone and i had to have it bad. But like i said a lot of the guys say its just fine. So im just going to leave this one stock as it is my daily commuter. Not really looking to wow anyone, its not really that type of car anyway,
Old 03-30-15, 09:35 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So you gave up your 2014 GS for a 2015 300h as your daily drive? Maybe you should have looked at a Genesis, as one of the other poster really seems enthralled with . He drives a GS and said he would seriously consider it.
Old 03-31-15, 04:13 AM
Santosh
Driver School Candidate

I would say the ride is even better now in terms of comfort & handling due to switching from stock Bridgestones to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport low profile Ultra High Performance tires (245/35R20). It fit perfectly & flush with the body of the car.
Old 03-31-15, 07:45 AM
Niscur32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With 20's I experience much louder road noise and more "feel" of the road I.e imperfections etc. Also the wider more aggressive tread follows the road imperfections more. I know this is tire dependent as well but a 35 series is only going to absorb so much. Before I lowered it bumps were harsh and hard which is to be expected with much lower profile tires and a wider footprint. Once the h&r springs were added it really smoothed out a lot and actually feels softer than it was stock. It doesn't "float" over bumps and the firmness is still present but it's not as abrupt/sharp a reaction as before. If that makes sense.
Old 03-31-15, 09:36 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Arty101
So you gave up your 2014 GS for a 2015 300h as your daily drive? Maybe you should have looked at a Genesis, as one of the other poster really seems enthralled with . He drives a GS and said he would seriously consider it.
I know, i was the main guy that suggested the Genesis from SW13GS list and caused all this Genesis hoopla. I did cross shop the Genesis but the mpg is still not good for me as i have long commutes in traffic
The ES Hybrid was the perfect choice

Originally Posted by Niscur32
With 20's I experience much louder road noise and more "feel" of the road I.e imperfections etc. Also the wider more aggressive tread follows the road imperfections more. I know this is tire dependent as well but a 35 series is only going to absorb so much. Before I lowered it bumps were harsh and hard which is to be expected with much lower profile tires and a wider footprint. Once the h&r springs were added it really smoothed out a lot and actually feels softer than it was stock. It doesn't "float" over bumps and the firmness is still present but it's not as abrupt/sharp a reaction as before. If that makes sense.
Yes this makes sense to me, those imperfections in the road are exactlt what im referring too. So Niscur, without a doubt you would say your ride comfort is better now ?? Not your handling or responsivness, i am solely interested in the smoothness and comfort over road imperfections.

Thanks

-Dave
Old 03-31-15, 10:58 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dave - you're a old man in a young man's body, lol.
Old 03-31-15, 11:55 PM
Mrjosef
Driver School Candidate

Here is mine

Old 04-01-15, 03:36 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Beautiful car, beautiful scenery... Where is that? That sunset and the lake/ocean look so tranquil and inviting.
Old 04-01-15, 04:14 AM
Niscur32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
I know, i was the main guy that suggested the Genesis from SW13GS list and caused all this Genesis hoopla. I did cross shop the Genesis but the mpg is still not good for me as i have long commutes in traffic
The ES Hybrid was the perfect choice

Yes this makes sense to me, those imperfections in the road are exactlt what im referring too. So Niscur, without a doubt you would say your ride comfort is better now ?? Not your handling or responsivness, i am solely interested in the smoothness and comfort over road imperfections.

Thanks

-Dave
I would say yes. My wife immediately noticed the car was smoother over the road being on the h&r springs vs stock. She was more a fan of the more harsher/sharper reaction of the suspension. Its still firm and the car doesn't float or bounce but the bumps/impacts react differently with the new springs. As far as better/worse that's probably subjective as we didn't have a problem with the stock suspension feel as its one of the reasons we bought the car.

Quick Reply: Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!