ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Full Moon

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-15, 12:53 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Full Moon

Must have been a full moon out tonight.... my wife and I were on our way to dinner tonight and I stopped to gas up.... while I'm standing beside the car, this convoy of 3 pickup trucks pull in, 2 of them driven by guys, one by a woman... the woman pulls up right next to me on the right like she's going to gas up... ( please know these are all young people - obviously out partying )... anyway she decides not to get gas and she hits the accelerator, next thing I know she hit's one of those big concrete post that protect the gas pumps.... she hits this post with her right front fender and the truck bounces over towards my car... literally bounced and then stopped about 6 inches from the passenger side of my car.. then she jumps on the throttle and smokes the tires.. I about freaked out watching the *** end of her truck swing just past the front end of my car as she pulled away..... good news is she missed me right? back in my car ready to leave when one of the other trucks driven by a young man starts backing up out his parking spot and headed straight for me... I throw it in reverse and step on it hard to get away from him, all the while I'm on the horn trying to get this idiot to stop... he finally stops turns and looks at me and gives me the finger.... then speeds away.... In my 60 years on this earth, I can't remember a time where my car was almost involved in two wreck within 2 minutes of each other while being parked... like I said, must have been a full moon out.... IDIOTS....

Poppa
Old 02-01-15, 04:55 AM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even young people who are drunk or using drugs usually do not abuse their own vehicles that badly. Dents and tires cost money, and most people quickly learn to avoid those costs. I expect those trucks belonged to someone else. They might even have been stolen.

If they keep it up, those kids will eventually get involved in collisions with injuries. We should be thankful that no one was injured -- this time.
Old 02-01-15, 06:52 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Just three morons with IQ's in the single digits. We have some up here in Pennsylvania too. Arrested a few of them back in the day...
Old 02-01-15, 11:29 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppa
Must have been a full moon out tonight.... my wife and I were on our way to dinner tonight and I stopped to gas up.... while I'm standing beside the car, this convoy of 3 pickup trucks pull in, 2 of them driven by guys, one by a woman... the woman pulls up right next to me on the right like she's going to gas up... ( please know these are all young people - obviously out partying )... anyway she decides not to get gas and she hits the accelerator, next thing I know she hit's one of those big concrete post that protect the gas pumps.... she hits this post with her right front fender and the truck bounces over towards my car... literally bounced and then stopped about 6 inches from the passenger side of my car.. then she jumps on the throttle and smokes the tires.. I about freaked out watching the *** end of her truck swing just past the front end of my car as she pulled away..... good news is she missed me right? back in my car ready to leave when one of the other trucks driven by a young man starts backing up out his parking spot and headed straight for me... I throw it in reverse and step on it hard to get away from him, all the while I'm on the horn trying to get this idiot to stop... he finally stops turns and looks at me and gives me the finger.... then speeds away.... In my 60 years on this earth, I can't remember a time where my car was almost involved in two wreck within 2 minutes of each other while being parked... like I said, must have been a full moon out.... IDIOTS....

Poppa
Wow, the stuff nightmares are made of. Thank God, you are OK and your car was not damaged.
Old 02-02-15, 03:47 AM
xclream
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppa

Poppa
God bless.

Glad you and your wife (and your beautiful Lexus) were all unharmed