ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Ultra luxury package not available ES300h-2015

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-14, 12:38 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by bdon
From Lexus--does the right hand talk to the left hand?????

The Ultra Luxury Package is not available in the 2015 ES 300h. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.Please be assured that your feedback has been documented in out national headquarters for management visibility.

Sincerely,

Lexus Customer Satisfaction
You should call and inform Lexus CS that there's one on the lot at Sewell. Give them the VIN.
This situation is really poor and a very negative reflection on Toyota in general, and Lexus in specific.
Old 11-06-14, 12:59 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

A VIN search through our dealer only system does indeed show it having the Ultra Luxury package. Strange it doesn't break down what exactly the package contains.

PS Lexus Pre-Collision Sys (PCS)/Dynamic Radar Cruise

RS Rain-Sensing Wipers with Deicer

OT Power Trunk Closer

PA Intuitive Parking Assist

LK Lane Departure Alert with Intelligent high-beam headlamps

NV Hard Disk Drive Navigation system with Backup Camera, 8" VGA Screen, Voice Command, Single DVD/CD Player, Remote Touch Controller, Lexus Enform Destination Assist (includes 1-year trial subscription); App Suite, (Complimentary for Life)

BD Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert

UT Ultra Luxury Package

GN Cargo Net

EF Rear Bumper Applique

WL Wheel Locks

LM Trunk Mat

KG SmartAccess Key Gloves

2Q All Weather Floor Mats

Z2 Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Whl Locks & Rear Bumper App

WX Bamboo & Leather Trimmed Heated Steering Wheel
Old 11-06-14, 03:16 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't you guys get this? The BS website means NOTHING! If you want to find out what is orderable, ORDER IT! Get a compliant Lexus salesguy to enter your pre-order into the Lexus system. The big computer in Japan will chew on your pre-order and give you a decision as to whether it's producible or not. Then, you'll KNOW. All else is supposition, superstition, and suspension of skepticism.
Old 11-06-14, 04:38 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by williakz
Don't you guys get this? The BS website means NOTHING! If you want to find out what is orderable, ORDER IT! Get a compliant Lexus salesguy to enter your pre-order into the Lexus system. The big computer in Japan will chew on your pre-order and give you a decision as to whether it's producible or not. Then, you'll KNOW. All else is supposition, superstition, and suspension of skepticism.
That is exactly what I did. I ordered the car with all the options I wanted and waited 4 months to get it.
Old 11-06-14, 05:30 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jollick
That is exactly what I did. I ordered the car with all the options I wanted and waited 4 months to get it.
NOT THE POINT!!!

It's one thing to ORDER a vehicle. It's an ENTIRELY different thing to PRE-order a proposed vehicle (pink with purple whale-tail and green headlights). The point of the ORDER is to get the car you want - good for you and I hope you LOVE it! The point of the PRE-order is to discover what CAN be ordered/produced/delivered to the USA. Only by pre-ordering a vehicle can you DEFFINITIVELY determine whether the factory can or cannot build your vehicle with its particular option mix. If no, there is NO WAY ever that it can be produced. If yes, then the fact that US dealers don't have it means nothing! It CAN be made and shipped to you, but it may NEVER appear on dealers' lots simply because the computer decides it won't produce the vehicle on spec.
Old 11-06-14, 06:00 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

NOT THE POINT!!!

It's one thing to ORDER a vehicle. It's an ENTIRELY different thing to PRE-order a proposed vehicle (pink with purple whale-tail and green headlights). The point of the ORDER is to get the car you want - good for you and I hope you LOVE it! The point of the PRE-order is to discover what CAN be ordered/produced/delivered to the USA. Only by pre-ordering a vehicle can you DEFFINITIVELY determine whether the factory can or cannot build your vehicle with its particular option mix. If no, there is NO WAY ever that it can be produced. If yes, then the fact that US dealers don't have it means nothing! It CAN be made and shipped to you, but it may NEVER appear on dealers' lots simply because the computer decides it won't produce the vehicle on spec.
Well, since there's already several 2015 UL 300h's on US dealer lots, it appears to be a pretty good possibility.
Old 11-06-14, 06:09 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Non sequitur. Please refer to the post I responded to. I was arguing that, even if cars are NOT on dealer lots, it is NOT necessary to order one, pay for it, and wait 4 months in order to determine if it CAN be produced in the first place.
Old 11-06-14, 06:22 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Non sequitur. Please refer to the post I responded to. I was arguing that, even if cars are NOT on dealer lots, it is NOT necessary to order one, pay for it, and wait 4 months in order to determine if it CAN be produced in the first place.
I am not sure what your point is, I did not pay for my car before it arrived. I searched the internet and the Lexus Corporate site and made note of all options that the car could possibly have. That is when I know that it could be produced, not after 4 months of waiting! I special ordered it because none were available with all of the options I wanted. At the time I was ready to make a purchase, the regional importer/distributor for the southeast and other regions in the USA did not even let you choose a package that I wanted. And yes, I am very happy with my choice.
Old 11-06-14, 07:06 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Irrelevant, since the Lexus website already shows they exist. This is, basically, a repeat of the 2014 thread stating the exact same thing. Bottom line: 2015 300h UL's are available!
Old 11-06-14, 07:22 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jollick
I am not sure what your point is, I did not pay for my car before it arrived. I searched the internet and the Lexus Corporate site and made note of all options that the car could possibly have. That is when I know that it could be produced, not after 4 months of waiting! I special ordered it because none were available with all of the options I wanted. At the time I was ready to make a purchase, the regional importer/distributor for the southeast and other regions in the USA did not even let you choose a package that I wanted. And yes, I am very happy with my choice.
I'll try to explain this one last time.

Whether a vehicle can be produced or not does NOT depend on what ANY Lexus dealer tells you; it does not have ANYTHING to do with what is displayed or described on a Lexus website either. Please be aware that both sources protect themselves against the issuance of false information by clever use of legal disclaimers.

The ONLY way to determine if a vehicle is currently producible is to bounce a pre-production order against the Lexus production computer in Japan. IF the computer accepts the order, the vehicle can THEN be officially ordered, actually produced, and eventually delivered to you in the USA. On the other hand, IF the computer says "No" that's all she wrote; the vehicle simply CAN NOT be produced for you, EVEN IF YOU CAN SEE IT SITTING ON THE LOT!

Do you guys understand this? Pre-order OK'd by Tokyo? Car can be made. Pre-order turned down? Car cannot be made. Period.
Old 11-06-14, 07:31 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

The horse's mouth: Lexus.com (Legal Terms section):

"Disclaimer of Warranties

You understand and agree that your use of the Sites is solely at your own risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your mobile device or computer or any other equipment or loss of data that may result from your use of the Sites.

The Sites and the Content are provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any warranty of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.

Lexus makes no warranties that the Sites or any Content or other material obtained through herein will meet your requirements, or that the Sites will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, non-infringing or error-free. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any and all charges, costs and/or expenses for access to or use of the Sites, including any Mobile Services. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Sites shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. You may not rely on any such information or advice. To the extent jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. We assume no liability or responsibility for any performance degradation, interruption or delays of any of the Sites, or errors or omissions in any Content or other materials on or through the Sites. We do not make any warranty or representation that your use of the material displayed on, or obtained through, the Sites is non-infringing of any rights of any third party.

Any decision or action taken by you on the basis of information or content provided on the Sites is at your sole discretion and risk. We are not responsible or liable for any such decision, or for the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, or availability of any content displayed, transmitted, or otherwise made available on the Sites."
Old 11-06-14, 07:59 PM
A320pilot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdon
From Lexus--does the right hand talk to the left hand?????

The Ultra Luxury Package is not available in the 2015 ES 300h. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.Please be assured that your feedback has been documented in out national headquarters for management visibility.

Sincerely,

Lexus Customer Satisfaction
If you go to lexus site or dealer site, you can build a 2015 with Ultra Luxury.....
I know mine was ordered and accepted by Lexus. will see in 90 to 120 days.
Old 11-06-14, 08:13 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by A320pilot

a) If you go to lexus site or dealer site, you can build a 2015 with Ultra Luxury.....
b) I know mine was ordered and accepted by Lexus. will see in 90 to 120 days.
a) means nothing.

b) means everything. Enjoy your new car!
Old 11-06-14, 08:21 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Oh, and one other thing came to mind.

You guys know that the Lexus website filters builds based on your location, right? So the buildable universe seen from Atlanta will differ from all the possible builds seen by someone in New York. Transmissions, option packages, and individual options can (and do) differ from region to region. The one most people know about is RWD in the South and in California while AWD is available in the Midwest and New England. So does that mean a particular vehicle is or is not "available"? Guess it depends on how far your horizons extend, your willingness to buy from an out-of-state dealer, and your understanding of the auto market in general. Food for thought...
Old 11-07-14, 06:07 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by A320pilot
If you go to lexus site or dealer site, you can build a 2015 with Ultra Luxury.....
I know mine was ordered and accepted by Lexus. will see in 90 to 120 days.
Wow! This will be your 3rd 300h, correct? How many miles do you put on them?

Edit: I just remembered asking you this a few months ago, where you said the 2014 was your 4th! I guess the fact that you keep getting the same thing is what surprises me the most.

Last edited by Mike728; 11-07-14 at 07:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Ultra luxury package not available ES300h-2015