ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

ES F-Sport??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-14, 01:56 PM
Vincent05
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mind a ES 300H Sport. I would buy it for the cosmetic look and mpg it offers, the style now seems like it's for the older generations then young. Sorry if I offend the old folks, just don't know how to state it nicely. I would like it to be more sport/agressive looking. Bought my 300H for the mpg it offers as wife puts alot of miles in for work otherwise we would've bought the IS or GS.
Old 10-30-14, 02:21 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350atWOT
^^ Sounds ok to me. While I'm not interested in track improvements like stiffer shocks, stickier tires, etc, I would be interested in performance boost. I'm not going to race anybody in an ES, but I'd like to have a little more passing power. Maybe an intake/exhaust improvement? Or even a turbo?
What other F-sport models offer more power than the stock versions?
Old 10-30-14, 02:36 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent05
I don't mind a ES 300H Sport. I would buy it for the cosmetic look and mpg it offers, the style now seems like it's for the older generations then young. Sorry if I offend the old folks, just don't know how to state it nicely. I would like it to be more sport/agressive looking. Bought my 300H for the mpg it offers as wife puts alot of miles in for work otherwise we would've bought the IS or GS.
The ES has always appealed to an older demographic with the average age of buyers well into the 60's. That may have come down a bit with the current generation but probably not to any great degree. The previous gen ES was supposed to appeal to a younger demographic but the needle didn't move too much.
Old 10-31-14, 05:21 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350atWOT
^^ Sounds ok to me. While I'm not interested in track improvements like stiffer shocks, stickier tires, etc, I would be interested in performance boost. I'm not going to race anybody in an ES, but I'd like to have a little more passing power. Maybe an intake/exhaust improvement? Or even a turbo?
Yeah, LOL I'm also not looking at an ES F-sport as a track car, or for racing anyone. Just a little better handling for daily use and a more sportier look / feel. That's it, NOT looking to get rid of or change any of the current ES models.

Although Lexus could easily turn up the power a notch if they wanted, I don't see that happening.

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The Avalon is coming out with a Touring Sport Edition. Only 2,500 to be made. It appears to only be cosmetic additions. Other than that grill, not bad looking IMO.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...announced.html
I forgot that I had read this.. Well, if Toyota can make an Avalon more sporty, why can't Lexus do the same with the ES..

Thanks for posting this.
Old 10-31-14, 06:54 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bootman
What other F-sport models offer more power than the stock versions?
I know right. But I can dream, can't I? LOL
Old 11-11-14, 11:48 AM
grabilsm
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus is coming out with their "crafted" line of ES for '15. Looks like they have the blacked out spindle grill and added sportier wheels. In my opinion I would like to see a better looking front end similar to that of the GS.

Lexus can appeal to the younger demographic as well as the current audience. This generation already looks miles better than the last. I can tell you 60 is pushing it I would say the average for the ES is around 35-40.

There is no way lexus would come out with a ES'F' the F sport package would make sense. I would love to have a package with larger brakes, adjustable dampers, aero package ....

This is by far their number one selling car and I think they're afraid to mess with the audience.
Old 11-12-14, 08:50 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by grabilsm
Lexus is coming out with their "crafted" line of ES for '15. Looks like they have the blacked out spindle grill and added sportier wheels. In my opinion I would like to see a better looking front end similar to that of the GS.

Lexus can appeal to the younger demographic as well as the current audience. This generation already looks miles better than the last. I can tell you 60 is pushing it I would say the average for the ES is around 35-40.

There is no way lexus would come out with a ES'F' the F sport package would make sense. I would love to have a package with larger brakes, adjustable dampers, aero package ....

This is by far their number one selling car and I think they're afraid to mess with the audience.
I agree I doubt an ES F-Sport will happen, and I can understand what you said. But IMO they really wouldn't be messing with the traditional ES buyer if they kept the current ES models and just added an F-Sport model to the ES lineup. This way the traditional ES buyer could still get what they want.

No different in how they added the F-Sport model to the RX line. And the RX is also a very important vehicle to Lexus.
Old 11-12-14, 09:18 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
I agree I doubt an ES F-Sport will happen, and I can understand what you said. But IMO they really wouldn't be messing with the traditional ES buyer if they kept the current ES models and just added an F-Sport model to the ES lineup. This way the traditional ES buyer could still get what they want.

No different in how they added the F-Sport model to the RX line. And the RX is also a very important vehicle to Lexus.
Yes, the ES and RX represent a BIG % of Lexus sales. Sales YTD thru October in the U.S.:

RX 84,273 +3.7%
ES 58,842 +1.3%

That's a lot of vehicles.
Old 11-12-14, 09:34 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Yes, the ES and RX represent a BIG % of Lexus sales. Sales YTD thru October in the U.S.:

RX 84,273 +3.7%
ES 58,842 +1.3%

That's a lot of vehicles.
Thanks for posting this..
Old 11-12-14, 09:42 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by grabilsm
The average age is MUCH older than 35-40. The average for the IS is older than that.

I rarely see an ES around here driven by someone under the age of 55 or so.

They just don't need a dynamic F Sport ES, its contrary to the market for the car. They have the IS for that...
Old 11-12-14, 10:21 PM
pwnmanlolz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my very own es350 "F-sport"

comments?

Old 11-13-14, 06:14 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pwnmanlolz

comments?

Since you did ask for comments here goes. IMO I don't like the F-Sports badges on it since it's not a real F-Sport from Lexus..No disrespect intended, but I don't like it when people add badges to cars to try to make them something they're not. Again IMO.

However, aside from the badges I do think it looks great from what I can see. Post a few more pics..
Old 11-13-14, 07:24 AM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=pwnmanlolz;8786045]I have my very own es350 "F-sport"

comments?

Since you asked for comments..."putting lipstick on a pig don't make it a lady."
Old 11-13-14, 08:06 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by pwnmanlolz

comments?
I like the look. It makes it unique. I would lose the badge, though.

Not sure what the "lipstick on a pig" comment was about, unless he just means the badge.
Old 11-13-14, 08:06 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
Since you did ask for comments here goes. IMO I don't like the F-Sports badges on it since it's not a real F-Sport from Lexus..No disrespect intended, but I don't like it when people add badges to cars to try to make them something they're not. Again IMO.

However, aside from the badges I do think it looks great from what I can see. Post a few more pics..
I agree, it looks sharp, but the "F Sport" badges are kind of ricey.

Quick Reply: ES F-Sport??