ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2014 ES loaner (from 2013 GS)...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 11:12 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
But thats not at all what I said. What I said was that, if anything, driving that ES loaner made me question why I selected the GS...

You guys aren't actually reading what I'm saying.

This is the crux of the point of this thread:

Like I said before, its not a discussion of why I chose the GS, it was my experience of driving an ES again after having not driven one for 2 years...and my POSITIVE reaction.
I don't question what your intent was. My point is that, on internet forums, there are certain types of threads that are guaranteed to stir up the dust and to draw negative reactions, and anyone who has spent a good amount of time on internet forums should likely have been able to recognize immediately that this was going to be one of those kinds of threads.

Whether a thread like this one should get that kind of reaction is irrelevant because it is the reality of internet forums that it is a virtual guarantee that it is going to get a good amount of negative reaction. If I went on a Corvette forum and made comparisons between a Corvette and a 4X4 pickup and if I pointed out that, for a farmer, the 4X4 pickup might be a better vehicle choice than the Corvette, I would be ignoring reality if I was surprised by getting a good amount of negative reaction.
Old 10-28-14, 11:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I don't question what your intent was. My point is that, on internet forums, there are certain types of threads that are guaranteed to stir up the dust and to draw negative reactions, and anyone who has spent a good amount of time on internet forums should likely have been able to recognize immediately that this was going to be one of those kinds of threads.
I've been posting on internet car forums for 15 years...I've moderated them. I honestly never expected this reaction...because what I posted was a positive review of the car.

If I went on a Corvette forum and made comparisons between a Corvette and a 4X4 pickup and if I pointed out that, for a farmer, the 4X4 pickup might be a better vehicle choice than the Corvette, I would be ignoring reality if I was surprised by getting a good amount of negative reaction.
Not a good analogy. The analogy would be if I owned a Corvette and posted in a Camaro forum that I had driven a Camaro and that even being accustomed to the superior Corvette that I was really impressed with their Camaro in many ways, and that driving it made me wonder if I really would have paid the price difference had I been buying instead of leasing.

Because THATS what I posted here.
Old 10-28-14, 11:37 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I've been posting on internet car forums for 15 years...I've moderated them. I honestly never expected this reaction...because what I posted was a positive review of the car.

Until/unless you get the point that I've tried to make, I am confident that you will continue, when you make similar posts in the future, to get the same kind of reactions that you have gotten in this thread and from other several posts that you have made in the past on the ES board.

I can also say with a high degree of certainty that the amount of negative reaction that you have gotten here would have been much greater except that those who have posted regularly here realize that your posting history indicates that you are not inclined to admit that others might be right and that you post in a way that shows some sort of need to persist until you "win" every discussion. Because of that, there are a good number of people here who have made a conscious decision just to ignore your posts and to avoid engaging you when you post. I'm sure that it would have been wiser for me to have done the same and not to have shared my thoughts here.
Old 10-28-14, 11:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lesz
Because of that, there are a good number of people here who have made a conscious decision just to ignore your posts and to avoid engaging you when you post.
If people want to ignore my posts, I have no problem with that. Plenty of people seem to enjoy talking to me, and I enjoy talking to them. In fact, a couple of people thanked me for my thoughts here and asked questions which I answered.

This is a circular argument and we're not going to get anywhere...for those of you who don't get it...my experience with the ES was a positive one. Its a great car and a great value, despite some issues I've had with the direction Lexus has gone with it which have been discussed before.
Old 10-30-14, 08:01 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Aaaaaaanyway...

I'm surprised why Lexus offers different hybrid models in different markets. Europe and the UK get the GS300h, RX300h and NX300h, which aren't available in North America while the GS450h and RX450h are mainly for North America only. The former bunch are tuned for less fuel consumption while the latter are performance hybrids with pretty bad fuel consumption. Europe doesn't get the ES300h while North America, Asia and Australia do. Why not make the same models available worldwide?
Old 10-30-14, 08:08 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

My guess is that all these different models are tuned to the consumer's tastes. Look at China: The best selling car over there is a Buick. Go figure...
Old 10-30-14, 08:10 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chromedome
Europe doesn't get the ES300h while North America, Asia and Australia do. Why not make the same models available worldwide?
Europe doesn't get the ES at all.

The reason is that different markets have different tastes when it comes to cars. The ES is really a car designed for the US market, also popular in Asia (especially China) and in Australia as you said. Where they offer an ES300h, they don't see the need to offer an IS300h because its largely at the same price point.

As much as they have tried, Americans haven't bought into the idea of hybrid as sport. The ESh and RXh do well because they aren't marketed that way. GS450h, LS600h don't do well because they are. Its not a Lexus phenomenon, its happened to Infiniti, BMW, etc.