ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

traction control

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-14, 03:11 PM
sarash
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control

As my es350 2013 makes too much noise in pick up time seems traction control is not working.
So any advise????
Old 10-11-14, 06:37 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

You will have to explain a bit more.
Traction control doesn't eliminate tire squeal if that is what you mean.
Old 10-12-14, 12:17 AM
sarash
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bootman
You will have to explain a bit more.
Traction control doesn't eliminate tire squeal if that is what you mean.
Yes exactly i mean the same.
so how can i find that whats the main problem or better to say which system is controlling tire squeal
Old 10-12-14, 09:13 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Tire squeal can be due to the surface of the road or driveway, but also low tire pressure. Not traction control. You would have to describe the conditions when this occurs. Low speed, high speed, wet, dry, etc. If start from stop may be too much pressure.
Old 10-13-14, 02:16 PM
sarash
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your support
Actually i dont know which word in english can describe the situation
At the start the moving if you push more the accelator ,wheels will turn at the same place without going
So to avoid wasting the performance there is a system that i think its traction control and also sometimes the light is flashing for two or three times. In this situation the time to reach to 60mph will be 7 second instead of 6 second.
Hope can explain good.
Old 10-13-14, 02:41 PM
dxerg3770
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like the traction control system is working perfectly fine. Its designed to reduce the wheel spin. If you are concerned about shaving off 1 sec off of 0-60. I think you bought the wrong car
Old 10-13-14, 02:42 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sarash
Thank you for your support
Actually i dont know which word in english can describe the situation
At the start the moving if you push more the accelator ,wheels will turn at the same place without going
So to avoid wasting the performance there is a system that i think its traction control and also sometimes the light is flashing for two or three times. In this situation the time to reach to 60mph will be 7 second instead of 6 second.
Hope can explain good.
From what you are describing, you are punching the accelerator from a stopped position, and the tires lose traction for a few seconds. This can be done in almost any car if one presses the accelerator too hard from a stopped position. In America, many years ago, this was called "laying rubber" referring to the tire rubber left on the ground from spinning the wheels. I would heartily recommend that you DO NOT press the accelerator as hard as you are doing in order to reach 60 MPH in 6 seconds vs. 7 seconds. Not only is it detrimental to your tires, but to your transmission as well. Lighten up on the accelerator when starting out and your tire squeal/traction problem will go away. You probably will also notice an improvement in fuel usage and not have to replace your brakes as often....
Old 10-13-14, 02:47 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dxerg3770
That sounds like the traction control system is working perfectly fine. Its designed to reduce the wheel spin. If you are concerned about shaving off 1 sec off of 0-60. I think you bought the wrong car
I think you nailed it DX. Shoulda bought a Porsche...
Old 10-15-14, 02:19 PM
sarash
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bc6152
From what you are describing, you are punching the accelerator from a stopped position, and the tires lose traction for a few seconds. This can be done in almost any car if one presses the accelerator too hard from a stopped position. In America, many years ago, this was called "laying rubber" referring to the tire rubber left on the ground from spinning the wheels. I would heartily recommend that you DO NOT press the accelerator as hard as you are doing in order to reach 60 MPH in 6 seconds vs. 7 seconds. Not only is it detrimental to your tires, but to your transmission as well. Lighten up on the accelerator when starting out and your tire squeal/traction problem will go away. You probably will also notice an improvement in fuel usage and not have to replace your brakes as often....
Thank you very much for your perfect reply which is defenitly true.
My problem is not the seconds or wining in races.
the problem is, sometimes you have to put more the accelator to have a good pickup to avoid some critical situation which now a days is not acceptable to hear some voices from tires.
i know that most of the famous car brands have a system to avoid tire spining without going ahead.
as i was thinking that system is traction control tried to find some soloution
for example in dodge charger there is one switch to avoid any wasting tire spin.
Old 10-15-14, 02:37 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by sarash
i know that most of the famous car brands have a system to avoid tire spining without going ahead.
as i was thinking that system is traction control tried to find some soloution
for example in dodge charger there is one switch to avoid any wasting tire spin.
You can disable the traction control system on the ES. On US models, the button that allows you to do so is on the center console near the drive mode selector and near the shifter. On US models, the operation of that switch is explained on page 300 of the owner's manual.
Old 10-16-14, 01:38 PM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traction Control will prevent wheel/tire spin. However if you want more traction, get a high performance tire that has better grip and as wide as possible. You get more grip but you sacrifice fuel efficiency. Stock tires are design for comfort, quiet and efficiency.
Old 10-19-14, 07:58 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ALIGN
Traction Control will prevent wheel/tire spin. However if you want more traction, get a high performance tire that has better grip and as wide as possible. You get more grip but you sacrifice fuel efficiency. Stock tires are design for comfort, quiet and efficiency.
And those tires after 10K miles will easily break loose especially if you are turning while accelerating.
Remember this is a front wheel drive model.