ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Who's Black Lexus ES is this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-14, 09:16 AM
kenji4861
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's Black Lexus ES is this?

It's definitely a good looking car, but let's be respectful on the parking right?

Our cars even come with the folding mirror feature

http://www.drivermemo.com/licenseplate/VA/XXD-1044

Old 10-10-14, 09:48 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

That's just wrong. I totally respect all Lexus but that's a no no in my book. The driver should have parked further away from everyone else and just take up one parking spot...
Old 10-10-14, 09:55 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

I'd still just park right up next to it, so close that they couldn't open their drivers door :-)
Old 10-10-14, 10:48 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

Cars parked like this encourage dents and scratches in the paint. People get pi$$ed. I park my car far away by itself and still get an idiot parked right next to it.

Last edited by bc6152; 10-10-14 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-10-14, 10:49 AM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And then they wonder why some people would scratch or vandalized their car. We'll when you park like that, you're asking for it.
Old 10-10-14, 10:49 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mspearl95
I'd still just park right up next to it, so close that they couldn't open their drivers door :-)
Do that and your car might be the one that's damaged. He'll get his... there is Karma...

Last edited by bc6152; 10-10-14 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-14-14, 12:49 PM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I disagree with all of you. The only times I have ever had a door ding is when I park normally and some careless person decides to get into a hurry and slam their door against mine. Now I park as far away as I can from anyone and if there are no cars anywhere near mine I will occasionally take up 2 spaces. Generally I will look for a place at the end of the row though and park at the outside edge of my space. I would never take up 2 spaces in a crowded parking lot as it's not fair to others who are looking for a space. I just have to take my chances at those times.

In one instance a guy parked next to me and dinged my car and the alarm was activated. Since is was a 2 way alarm I received the alert and rushed out and caught him. Of course he denied it but when I opened his door next to mine the ding was right at the apex of his door so he finally gave in. That cost him about $200.

Most of us are trying to take care of our investments so we will do whatever is necessary to protect them. Those of you who even hint about damaging someones car because you don't like the way they parked are just as bad in my book.

My 2 cents...
Old 10-14-14, 03:27 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lamikela1
I disagree with all of you. The only times I have ever had a door ding is when I park normally and some careless person decides to get into a hurry and slam their door against mine. Now I park as far away as I can from anyone and if there are no cars anywhere near mine I will occasionally take up 2 spaces. Generally I will look for a place at the end of the row though and park at the outside edge of my space. I would never take up 2 spaces in a crowded parking lot as it's not fair to others who are looking for a space. I just have to take my chances at those times.

In one instance a guy parked next to me and dinged my car and the alarm was activated. Since is was a 2 way alarm I received the alert and rushed out and caught him. Of course he denied it but when I opened his door next to mine the ding was right at the apex of his door so he finally gave in. That cost him about $200.

Most of us are trying to take care of our investments so we will do whatever is necessary to protect them. Those of you who even hint about damaging someones car because you don't like the way they parked are just as bad in my book.

My 2 cents...
Everybody has their own idea of what is "justified". I don't think many would have an issue with someone like you parking WELL away from the entrance and taking up two spots. Unfortunately, some tend to think that they always NEED two parking spaces and they dis-regard others needs (i.e. crowded parking lot on a weekend). In the majoity of cases, one parking spot should be more than enough for ANY car (including the guy in his corvette below). I typically park on an end space so that I know one side cannot be hit. Like you I SQUEEZE as close to the curb as possible (without curbing a rim) so that I only take up that one space and have PLENTY of room between my car and the next space.
http://6abc.com/automotive/corvette-...-spots/324137/

What REALLY gets me are all the Handicap "Posers" and there are a LOT of them out there. My mother in law uses a walker and NEEDS an official handicap space yet I CONSTANTLY see people with tags LITERALLY jumping up out of their Cadillac Escalades (and other similar cars) and, in one case, RUNNING into a store. These people OBVIOUSLY aren't handicap themselves. It is especially prevantent arond the holliday season at a outlet mall about 3 miles from my home.

In many cases, they got a relatives Handicap tag and are using it to park in the premiere parking spots just to make THEIR life easier. It's dispicable IMHO. One guy who looked like he just left the gym (sweats, sweating from a workout, etc) asked me "Why U look'N my car man?" To which I just shook my head and walked away. I waited about 10 minutes and then called the PO-PO so that he could explain it to them. In this case the PO-PO turned out to be a college barney but he DID get a tow truck out there when the guys "Handicap" tag turned out to belong to his G-Ma that was not with him at the time. I just sat in the restaurant & laughed my butt off at the Karma being delt out. Here is an online place to report those offenders if you may be so inclined. Please note that not all handicaps are visable so be careful when analyzing the situation and do NOT confront them yourself. Here's a typical example...
http://www.handicappedfraud.org/inde...=show&id=19867

PS - In most cases it's just a Fine of like $250 but in this case, it was on a college campus and I guess they deal with it a bit differently (tow truck drivers pick up LOTS of illegally parked cars and chanrge them the impound fee to go along with the traffic violation).

Last edited by bunka; 10-14-14 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-14-14, 05:23 PM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My favorite was the time I was walking into a home depot, after parking at the far end of the lot. A late-model Rolls Royce arrived, and parked sideways across FOUR handicapped parking spots. A (clearly non-handicapped) woman got out of the car. I spoke to her, to ask why she chose to park illegally -- she swore a blue streak at me, about how her being so f***ing rich entitled her to park wherever she f***ing wants..

I called the cops. They arrived in just a few minutes, with a tow truck. She got FOUR tickets for parking in a handicapped space. AND, they towed the car.

I didn't hang around to see her reaction when she came out of the store...
Old 10-14-14, 07:39 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

So, there is Karma...What goes around comes around...
Old 10-14-14, 11:20 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SLH
My favorite was the time I was walking into a home depot, after parking at the far end of the lot. A late-model Rolls Royce arrived, and parked sideways across FOUR handicapped parking spots. A (clearly non-handicapped) woman got out of the car. I spoke to her, to ask why she chose to park illegally -- she swore a blue streak at me, about how her being so f***ing rich entitled her to park wherever she f***ing wants..

I called the cops. They arrived in just a few minutes, with a tow truck. She got FOUR tickets for parking in a handicapped space. AND, they towed the car.

I woulda hung around and told her yeah I called the cops and that they towed her Rolls Royce and that she's so friggin rich that she can afford to pay for those four tickets without a blink of an eye...
Old 10-15-14, 12:05 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SLH

Rolls Royce -> Home Depot? I would have at least gone to Lowes...
Old 11-21-14, 03:26 AM
jaysyed007
Driver School Candidate

Default Some People just can't park

I had a problem last Christmas shopping at the mall where I couldnt find a parking and there was a lexus parked in the middle of 2 parking spots I left a note on the driver side window saying nicely please park properly next time I am sure the person will remember next time parking.
Old 11-21-14, 05:45 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

You just shouldn't do that in a parking garage.

I have to park in a city garage every day for work, and I just make sure I get there plenty early enough in the morning that I get a prime corner spot. That way I can park over further into the corner (that is not a space....so I'm not taking up someone else's spot) and no would could open their door into me if they tried. In garages in my city, you would get booted or ticketed for parking like that. In an open parking lot with plenty of spaces that people aren't paying for....sure, park however you want.
Old 11-21-14, 06:32 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kenji4861
It's definitely a good looking car, but let's be respectful on the parking right?

Our cars even come with the folding mirror feature

http://www.drivermemo.com/licenseplate/VA/XXD-1044

Wait a minute: My '13 ES doesn't have folding mirrors?

Quick Reply: Who's Black Lexus ES is this?