Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Where to buy OEM accessories for ES300h

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-14, 12:57 PM
nebulagr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy OEM accessories for ES300h

Hi,

We just got our ES 300h. We love it so far. However, after reading the other thread about floor carpet showing wear, we decided to get the Lexus floor mats. What is the easiest/cheapest way to get that and other accessories? Do I just call my dealer and order on the phone and pick up later? Is there an Lexus authorized seller online that I can buy from?

I am also interested to get the key sleeves. Are they good?
Old 10-03-14, 01:00 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by nebulagr
Hi,

We just got our ES 300h. We love it so far. However, after reading the other thread about floor carpet showing wear, we decided to get the Lexus floor mats. What is the easiest/cheapest way to get that and other accessories? Do I just call my dealer and order on the phone and pick up later? Is there an Lexus authorized seller online that I can buy from?

I am also interested to get the key sleeves. Are they good?
Sewell Lexus has the best prices. http://lexus.sewellparts.com/parts-c...300h-2014.html
Old 10-03-14, 01:10 PM
nebulagr
Driver School Candidate

Thank you Jollick for your prompt response!
Old 10-03-14, 01:21 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by nebulagr
Thank you Jollick for your prompt response!
You are welcome, don't forget to mention you are a member of Club Lexus for a possible discount.
Old 10-04-14, 06:45 AM
Fillykonk
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I was given the key sleeves as part of my purchase on ES350 a month ago (Starfire/Black, Luxury Package, Navi, Blind Spot, Int Parking, Rear shade, ill door sills). I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.
Old 10-04-14, 07:13 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Fillykonk
I was given the key sleeves as part of my purchase on ES350 a month ago.
I think a lot of people were. I just found mine in the glove-box a few months ago! I had no idea. I will never use them, though. They make the key even bigger.
Old 10-04-14, 09:15 AM
Vincent05
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer gave us the sleeve had it on both remotes when we picked up the car. I kinda like it as it won't get scratch up in my pocket with other things in there with it.
Old 10-04-14, 04:39 PM
Nelexus88
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

The dealer installed the sleeves on my fobs before it was driven off the lot also.

The thing I dont understand is why the loop for your other keys (house, etc) is on the fob instead of the removable key. If you want to give the valet guy your fob to park the car, all your other keys are in his possession too. If the loop was on the removable key, you could easily pull it and keep possession of all your keys. Maybe Lexus was concerned about the strength or durability of the key latch if other keys were attached to it??
Old 10-04-14, 05:04 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelexus88
The dealer installed the sleeves on my fobs before it was driven off the lot also.

The thing I dont understand is why the loop for your other keys (house, etc) is on the fob instead of the removable key. If you want to give the valet guy your fob to park the car, all your other keys are in his possession too. If the loop was on the removable key, you could easily pull it and keep possession of all your keys. Maybe Lexus was concerned about the strength or durability of the key latch if other keys were attached to it??
I'm not sure that the purpose of that loop is as a place to attach other keys. With all of the Lexus vehicles that I've purchased, the dealer has used that loop as a place to attach an additional brass colore fob with the Lexus insignia, the name of the dealership, phone number of the dealership, and instructions for what should be done by anyone who finds the keys to get them back to the owner of the vehicle. Also, I know that our ES vehicles have a keyless ignition, but, with vehicles without keyless ignition, I've often read that it is not wise to put other keys on the same fob as the vehicle ignition key because the weight of those extra keys can, over time, do damage to the wiring in the vehicle's ignition.
Old 10-04-14, 08:24 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The dealer told me the loop is to hang the key fob (valet).
Old 10-05-14, 07:40 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some Lexus key fobs have a removable mechanical "key" used to open doors and/or trunk in case of electrical failure (and to lock glovebox). The idea is to attach this mechanical key to your keyring using a metal ring, often supplied by Lexus. Then, when turning the car over to a valet or service person, you simply press a little button and detach the key fob from the mechanical key/keyring and hand it over. Since you previously locked out the trunk opener in the glove box and then locked the glove box using the mechanical key, the valet or serviceman cannot get into your trunk but can access the cabin/engine compartment and operate the vehicle as needed. The key glove supports this mode of operation with the addition that the cord loop is for, as mentioned, hanging the fob on a valet's or shop's key board.

Last edited by williakz; 10-05-14 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-05-14, 01:59 PM
nebulagr
Driver School Candidate

Yes I just noticed the key glove in the dashboard! Thanks for the tip. I also see that we have a floor mat installed however it doesn't seem like the all season variety. Is that no good?
Old 10-05-14, 02:26 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

In the "dashboard"? Huh? And "a" floor mat instead of two or four?
Old 10-05-14, 02:30 PM
nebulagr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by williakz
In the "dashboard"? Huh? And "a" floor mat instead of two or four?
My Bad Meant to say, I found the gloves in the glove box (no pun intended). And yes we have four floor mats!
Old 10-05-14, 02:48 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Ah, I've got your meaning now. Thanks for clarifying.

To answer your question, there are advantages and disadvantages to each type of floor mat. The factory carpet mats, especially in light colors, are quickly soiled. The all-weather variety, while more durable, are less attractive than the stock mats. Many owners have found dark-colored carpet mats are a worthwhile compromise. They show less wear and dirt while appearing more luxurious than the utilitarian all-weather rubber ones. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Where to buy OEM accessories for ES300h