Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 and ES300h (2013+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Navigation and verbal commands

Old 08-19-14, 03:37 PM   #16
Lexi66
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanch View Post
Thought I would put my 2 cents in. I think the voice recognition for the Navigation is great. I had a 2010 Infiniti, and the 2013 Lexus VR is superior to that. It is faster and recognizes commands better. That is not to say that sometimes it cannot decode a number that I am saying for an address. For instance, last week I wanted 129 for a building address, and it could not recognize it so I said 130 which it did recognize. I learned to compensate for that. But I do think it is more accurate and faster to input than my Infiniti was
You have 2013.. Wonder if it's better than my 2011 350? Do you always use verbal
commands to input your addresses?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Lexi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 03:39 PM   #17
lesz
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexBob2 View Post
As far as I know, MapQuest doesn't have send to car capability. Google maps does, but your car's system has to be compatible with it (only certain manufacturers are). We have it in our Audi and it works very well - Seamlessly. I used Lexus' send to car functions (eDestination & Destination Assist) in our 2010 all the time, and the subscription was worth it to me since the voice command left a lot be desired. If you were to call the Lexus 800 number for those services, I'm sure you'd find them to be very helpful explaining the services, how they work, the costs etc. They are customer service friendly.

If your map's directions aren't working too well, check and see how the routing is set up. You have a selection of the shortest route, fastest route and one other that escapes me. If it is set for something different than the way you want, it may just be a quick change of preference.
What you can also do as an alternative is to use the directions from a phone app. If you do so, the phone apps directions will come through the car's speakers, and you still have the map on the vehicle's screen to look at. With an Android phone, doing so requires connecting the phone to the car as a media device via Bluetooth. I'm not sure what needs to be done with an I Phone, but I would assume that it would be similar. I do find that my phone is better at understanding my voice commands than is the ES, and the steps for entering an address into the phone app are simpler than they are for entering an address into the ES. Plus, the directions from the phone app are sometimes more up-to-date than those in the ES data base.
lesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 03:44 PM   #18
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi66 View Post
You have 2013.. Wonder if it's better than my 2011 350? Do you always use verbal
commands to input your addresses?
There might be some improvements in the 2013+ models vs. the 2010 and 2011's.
LexBob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 03:44 PM