ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Would you buy a corporate/loaner vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 05:19 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Amphibulus
Mine was a 300h 2014 lexus corporate car, in fact it was drive by 1 lady (the accountant of Lexus). Car was like new, with 10,000km on it. I got a 8,000$ discount on it.

I would not have got a loaner that everybody drive, I had a loaner with 4000km and it was a worst condition then my car. I'm happy with it.
I have to ask, might there not be some connection between the history of your vehicle as a "corporate" car and the fact that you seem to be having some unusual issues with the car, such as an unusually high number of rattles, the sound you are hearing when braking, etc.?

Also, how do you know that the car was driven by the "accountant of Lexus"? If the dealer's sales person told you that, I wouldn't be 100% confident that the information was accurate.
Old 07-21-14, 05:48 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sharmila19
guys - here is the problem - how do I find out if it had one driver or multiple drivers? The dealer would say anything to sell the car..
The dealer should be able to provide you with a CarFax report. While CarFax reports are often incomplete with regard to service issues, accident histories, etc., it should have an accurate title history and record of how the vehicle was used. The one place where you should be careful, though, is with a vehicle whose title history shows that it was owned by the dealership as an "executive driven" vehicle. When dealers give cars to their sales people, managers, and other employees, they typically label those vehicles as executive driven vehicles, but those are also the same vehicles that are used during the employees' work day to take customers for test drives.
Old 07-21-14, 01:45 PM
Amphibulus
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lesz
I have to ask, might there not be some connection between the history of your vehicle as a "corporate" car and the fact that you seem to be having some unusual issues with the car, such as an unusually high number of rattles, the sound you are hearing when braking, etc.?

Also, how do you know that the car was driven by the "accountant of Lexus"? If the dealer's sales person told you that, I wouldn't be 100% confident that the information was accurate.
I'm probably the pickiest person on rattle, I had a honda civic 2012 brand new, I keep it for 1 yr and half because I was tired of the rattle. Same for my Mercedes, I kept it only 13 months.

Well, the sale guy told me it was the accountant car, but at the service, when I went there for the rattle, the service girl told me she was surprise that there was rattle in my car since it's was their accountant car. So if they are lying, they are doing a really good job at it, since the service is aware of the lie that my sale rep would have told me. I got a loaner with less km on it, and it was in a worst shape (with even more rattle). My car who was in a really like new condition with 10,000km on it. That's why I got it. The seat are in real leather and they are still like new, their loaner have the fake one (since it's probably more resistant to abuse).

And I want to state on top of that, I have tried a couple of Lexus, on none of them was rattle free according to me. As I said, I'm picky on rattle.

The brake issue could be caused by the style of driving, when you don't drive hard, the brake are rarely solicited and they rust. I will ask them to check on my next appointment with them.
Old 07-21-14, 03:55 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Well, the sale guy told me it was the accountant car, but at the service, when I went there for the rattle, the service girl told me she was surprise that there was rattle in my car since it's was their accountant car. So if they are lying, they are doing a really good job at it, since the service is aware of the lie that my sale rep would have told me. I got a loaner with less km on it, and it was in a worst shape (with even more rattle). My car who was in a really like new condition with 10,000km on it. That's why I got it. The seat are in real leather and they are still like new, their loaner have the fake one (since it's probably more resistant to abuse).

I don't doubt that the sales person and the service adviser were telling the truth when they said that the car was the "accountant's car", but, when a car is given to a dealership employee to use, whether it be a sales person, the business manager, the used car manager, or anyone else, that doesn't mean that the only use of the vehicle will be the personal use of that employee. While that person is at work, the vehicle is available to the dealership for other purposes, such as test drives by potential customers. Another way to say that would be to say that the vehicle is a demo vehicle that the employee is allowed to take home with him/her. So, for example, a couple of weeks ago, when one of my vehicles was being serviced at a dealership, the dealership had all of its loaner cars already out. So, the business manager at the dealership gave me his car to use for the day. The typical "executive-driven" vehicle will, before the dealership sells it, be driven by a large number of potential customers and other dealership employees.

And I want to state on top of that, I have tried a couple of Lexus, on none of them was rattle free according to me. As I said, I'm picky on rattle.

I question whether having even a few rattles is the norm for Lexus vehicles. I'm on my 3rd Lexus now. My GX is completely free of rattles, and so in my ES. My previously-owned ES was also completely free of rattles. And I'm also someone who is especially bothered by even the slightest rattle, squeak, or chatter. One of the main reasons why I buy Lexus vehicles is because they do about as good a job as anyone does in making rattle-free vehicles.
Old 07-21-14, 04:13 PM
Amphibulus
Rookie

Originally Posted by lesz

I question whether having even a few rattles is the norm for Lexus vehicles. I'm on my 3rd Lexus now. My GX is completely free of rattles, and so in my ES. My previously-owned ES was also completely free of rattles. And I'm also someone who is especially bothered by even the slightest rattle, squeak, or chatter. One of the main reasons why I buy Lexus vehicles is because they do about as good a job as anyone does in making rattle-free vehicles.
Well, I also guess that your road in Illinois are better then here, come in Montréal (Québec) and you will probably have a different experience.
Old 07-21-14, 05:00 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I'm in Illinois, Chicago area, and the roads are nothing to write home about Back to back ES350's, both rattle free.
Old 07-21-14, 05:29 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Well, I also guess that your road in Illinois are better then here, come in Montréal (Québec) and you will probably have a different experience.
Originally Posted by LexBob2
I'm in Illinois, Chicago area, and the roads are nothing to write home about Back to back ES350's, both rattle free.
Yep, I'd be happy to trade your Quebec roads for either the gravel and tar and gravel roads that I drive on out in the country where I live, or the pothole resplendent roads in the Chicago area.
Old 07-21-14, 06:56 PM
Amphibulus
Rookie

Ok, then. Take those road (yes that's from Montreal, and there is lot of spot like that just after the winter it's worst.)

Last edited by Amphibulus; 07-22-14 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-22-14, 06:11 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

That's nothing. This is a real Chicago pot hole!

Old 07-22-14, 06:25 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
That's nothing. This is a real Chicago pot hole!

Now those two cars are gonna have some rattles!
Old 07-22-14, 01:38 PM
Amphibulus
Rookie

Ho well, we have those as well, but it's not what we drive through day to day, the other road, yes.
Old 07-22-14, 02:23 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

And I thought Pennsylvania roads were the worst. Guess not...
Old 07-22-14, 03:03 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Those Canadians seem to do things in a big big way .
Old 07-22-14, 05:05 PM
Amphibulus
Rookie

Winter do lot of damage to our road. -30C it's hard on everything.
Old 07-22-14, 05:47 PM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

You guys are cracking me up... How about we agree all roads suck! lol

Quick Reply: Would you buy a corporate/loaner vehicle?