ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Samsung S4 Bluetooth constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-14, 03:17 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by MissyBissy
Actually it looks like the updates are by manufacturer and Samsung hasn't rolled out the release yet. They are still pushing out 4.4.2. Looks like it may not be available until September. If that's the case and there's a new iPhone out - I will be fed up enough to switch back. This is just annoying. It's doing the disconnecting and reconnecting thing again.
Yep. I just got 4.4.2 (from Samsung) about a month ago. Just a few days ago, I got a new software update, but, when it completed, I was disappointed to see that it was still on 4.4.2.

However, I have not had any connectivity issues with the phone regardless of what Android version was on the phone.
Old 07-30-14, 03:22 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,231 Likes on 864 Posts

The 4.4.2. Android update was issued by GOOGLE on December 19th. 2013. The 4.4.4. Android update was issued by GOOGLE on June 19th., 2014.
Old 07-31-14, 07:17 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
The 4.4.2. Android update was issued by GOOGLE on December 19th. 2013. The 4.4.4. Android update was issued by GOOGLE on June 19th., 2014.
The earlier poster is correct--depends on the carrier. The MotoX just got 4.4.4 this week from Verizon, some carriers did it a few weeks ago, and the Moto G got it from Verizon previously. 4.4.4 is only going to go to more recent phones, older ones will likely never get it. I had a Google Nexus phone before this, and they stopped updating to the most recent release after about 18 months on Verizon. The update still came from Verizon, not Google, unless you were unlocked and wanted to download a generic version, which may or may not work on your carrier.
Old 07-31-14, 10:32 AM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want my car to read the text messages off my phone again. Is that too much to ask for?????
Old 07-31-14, 12:04 PM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I just want my car to read the text messages off my phone again. Is that too much to ask for?????
I could be off base here, but on my Android MotoX, after pairing from scratch, there is a subsequent pop-up on the phone (visible only on the phone) that asks something to the effect "do i want to share text". You have to check yes on the phone, then the text function works. No idea if your phone will offer that pop-up. Unpair your phone, delete it from the car menu, as well, and watch both the phone and car display as you follow the car manual through each pairing step. Good luck.
Old 08-22-14, 11:48 AM
jonmanch
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm on 4.4.2 - do you know if the latest one works with the car?
I have a S5, and the latest update I have from Samsung is 4.4.2. When it first updated, I had calls drop but then automatically connect with the same caller still on the line. That seems to have gone away. Text messaging is sporadic. Sometimes it works and other times not. The car used to tell me if I had a text message. Now I have to look at the "Message" button on the phone screen to see whether I have a text waiting. I am able to send replies.

My problem is that my blue tooth audible.com keeps getting disconnected after about 5-10 minutes of play and I have to re-connect the player to the navigation system. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 08-26-14, 04:21 PM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Please tell me what is kitkat and is it automatically installed on my phone or do I have to go to the APP center?
Old 08-26-14, 04:29 PM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by offroad200
It won't notify you of messages if you followed my instructions. Simply because you're not allowing MAP access by the car. I did find this quote:

from this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post8556720

So maybe a fix is on the way soon.
Has the new update been released and if so please tell me about it? My Note 3 still running the 4.4.2 version. It's doesn't work with my text messages and it keeps connecting and disconnecting. Also what is kit kat? Am I suppose to have it and if so how do I get it?

Thanks
Old 08-27-14, 07:35 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Talking

Originally Posted by Kajnbabe
Has the new update been released and if so please tell me about it? My Note 3 still running the 4.4.2 version. It's doesn't work with my text messages and it keeps connecting and disconnecting. Also what is kit kat? Am I suppose to have it and if so how do I get it?

Thanks
I just got off phone with Samsung and they are working on a new update to fix these issues. They also said that I can go to Best Buy that has a Samsung department and get them to do a "flash back or re-flash" to get my phone to the previous version so I'll have a working phone.
Old 08-27-14, 07:38 AM
jonmanch
Driver

Thanks for that info, Kajnbabe
Old 08-27-14, 07:39 AM
jonmanch
Driver

Can anyone go to Best Buy or just those people who bought their phones from Best Buy?
Old 08-27-14, 09:31 AM
MissyBissy
Rookie

The good news is that my car is reading my text messages again. The bad news is that I had to do a "backup and reset". The reset worked, the backup didn't. Lost my calendar, pictures and contacts.
Old 08-27-14, 12:32 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

The good news is that my car is reading my text messages again. The bad news is that I had to do a "backup and reset". The reset worked, the backup didn't. Lost my calendar, pictures and contacts.
Sorry to hear that. I recently learned that if you unpair, delete all texts and repair, it should all work normal. Sounds like that was part of the deal when you reset the phone.
Old 08-28-14, 10:12 AM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Originally Posted by offroad200
Sorry to hear that. I recently learned that if you unpair, delete all texts and repair, it should all work normal. Sounds like that was part of the deal when you reset the phone.
I already did that. Twice. Worked for a few minutes and then stopped.

As of today it's still reading texts
Old 08-31-14, 12:30 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar issue with my S4, my previous android was snap to connect. I finally had to take it to the dealer and a salesman there connected it in no time. I haven't had any problems since.

Quick Reply: Samsung S4 Bluetooth constantly disconnecting and reconnecting