Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 and ES300h (2013+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Windshield issues ???

Old 07-27-14, 12:04 PM   #16
Bbyboomer
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Personally, I'd go back to Lexus, DEMAND the regional rep come out and check this out. It "could be" a stress crack caused from a bur in the metal frame with the glass sitting atop the bur.....bingo! a crack. My Honda dealer years ago "REFUSED" to replace my cracked windshield,until I took it to another dealer and they put a blue light to it...it was in deed a weld on the frame not sanded down. The crack "originated" under the frame of the body. All the bumps in the road made the mater worse. GOOGLE your problem....thats how I found out about all the other people having the same problem with the same car. I would not hesitate in calling in the regional LEXUS rep if you're not satisfied.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Bbyboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 01:13 PM   #17
renegad44
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max707 View Post
Safelight uses inferior glass. My insurance paid for local indepent on last vehicle, they were easier to deal with and used OEM glass.
Not exactly correct. I've had my windshield replaced for two weeks now. Safelite came to the house to replace it. Before any work was done I compared the new windshield to the one on the vehicle and "word for word" on the driverís side where "LEXUS" is stamped the words were exactly the same, so, that makes be believe, along with the fact the Lexus dealership ordered the windshields that this is a true OEM Lexus replacement. The heating element for the windshield wipers, rain sensors, lane changing, everything works exactly as it did with the cracked windshield. I'm satisfied, but most important, the wife is satisfied.
renegad44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 03:15 PM   #18
Arty101
Lexus Test Driver

Glad your local Safelite uses Lexus glass. More importantly, glad you and your wife are satisfied. I was getting concerned about using Safelite if I needed to.
Arty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 04:45 PM   #19
renegad44
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty101 View Post
Glad your local Safelite uses Lexus glass. More importantly, glad you and your wife are satisfied. I was getting concerned about using Safelite if I needed to.
Thanks.....Safelite said they couldn't find a windshield anyplace except from the dealership, and that's why it took almost a month for the windshield to come in. The windshield seems to be made by Asahi Glass Co. out of Tokyo, Japan, with a subsidiary of AGC Automotive that distributes the windshields in America? Either way, it is OEM, the new windshield has the very same manufacturing markings as the original windows on the driver and passenger side of the car.
It took every bit of 4 weeks for the windshield to come in. See my post at #15...

http://www.agc.com/english/index.html

http://www.agc-automotive.com/englis...cts/index.html
renegad44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 04:45 PM