ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Anyone been Satisfied ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 07:18 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone been Satisfied ?

I've read numerous issues that were escalated/referred to Lexus Customer Satisfaction and wonder if, w/o threat, has anyone received satisfaction?
I submitted an upholstery complaint twice with a follow-up with the dealership and received nothing back. I have read many complaints that Lexus simply passes off as normal, or no resolution. Lexus at one time would bend over backward to make sure a customer was happy. I have to say I am much happier with the response I received from Jeep/Chrysler with a couple minor issues.....no question, no hesitation....simply done on a 3yr old vehicle under warranty.
Lexus is not treating customers of it's luxury brand any different than Toyota and the quality is resembling the less expensive cars.....IMO. What do you all think? Am I wrong? I expected more as a new car customer. I have bought used luxury cars in the past so I don't have a reference.
Old 04-30-14, 07:53 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only issue I had and Lexus stepped up and resolved it quickly was the leather on the bottom part of my steering wheel I felt was wrinkly and dry. The dealer contacted Lexus and they agree to replace it. Just the steeling wheel without the guts was $2200.00. Crazy!!
Anyway, knock on wood I have had great customer service and have been totally satisfied.
Old 04-30-14, 08:29 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

I had the ML audio system with the bass distortion issue. They ordered a new unit and replaced it, no questions asked. I was totally satisfied.

Last edited by jollick; 04-30-14 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-30-14, 08:54 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had no issues with my ES, and with my other Lexus when there was a problem, they've always treated me well. But that was then.
Old 04-30-14, 11:03 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by coach1
I've read numerous issues that were escalated/referred to Lexus Customer Satisfaction and wonder if, w/o threat, has anyone received satisfaction?
I submitted an upholstery complaint twice with a follow-up with the dealership and received nothing back. I have read many complaints that Lexus simply passes off as normal, or no resolution. Lexus at one time would bend over backward to make sure a customer was happy. I have to say I am much happier with the response I received from Jeep/Chrysler with a couple minor issues.....no question, no hesitation....simply done on a 3yr old vehicle under warranty.
Lexus is not treating customers of it's luxury brand any different than Toyota and the quality is resembling the less expensive cars.....IMO. What do you all think? Am I wrong? I expected more as a new car customer. I have bought used luxury cars in the past so I don't have a reference.
I think it's just you? Who did you **** off?
Old 04-30-14, 11:48 AM
alpinefun
Rookie

Originally Posted by Max707
He is not alone. Two months ago I have filed a claim complaining that both roof moldings are not properly attached to the roof in the windshield area. The first response was that yes it is abnormal but they need to show it to the Lexus District Rep. They never call me after that. During recent 5K service I asked the service adviser to update me on this issue. She looked into the computer and sais that there is a record over there that it is not a defect and it is normal. Same BS she told me in response of my complain regarding passenger seat vibration - it is normal and it is safe to drive the car. I agree - it is safe to drive the car in both cases. However it is not normal. This is my first Lexus and honestly speaking I was expecting to have much better customer service.
Old 04-30-14, 01:22 PM
coach1
Pole Position

That Funny Lexus must not like me! I even told them I like their coffee.
Old 04-30-14, 01:27 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for another not clever, not helpful reply.
Old 04-30-14, 01:34 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by coach1
That Funny Lexus must not like me! I even told them I like their coffee.
In 1992 I had a SC400 after a year there was a little wear on the drivers seat. They ordered a whole new seat . Couple of years later I took my wife's ES300 in for the 90k mile service. Picked it up after the wash job, it was sitting in the checkout garage area running. Drove out after I paid. Turned onto Peachtree street and noticed the oil light was on. Went around the block pulled into the service area and called the service manager over. When we popped the hood the engine had a couple of tools laying on it and the oil cap was missing. Checked the oil and it was empty
Old 04-30-14, 01:45 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by atoyota
Thanks for another not clever, not helpful reply.
Sometimes a little humor helps. But everyone does not laugh at the same humor. Let me be helpful. I've owned 8 new Lexus vehicles. Always found that to my face all the employees acted like they wanted to help me with any problem I might have. I would always ask them up front if "they" had the authority to solve my problem. If they said they did I would give them a shot if they said they would have to take my problem to someone else I would tell them that I wanted to personally speak to that person. On only one occasion did I ever have to talk to the GM/ Managing partner. But I will say I never had a problem or concern that was not taken care of. I sure hope this pasted the "helpful" test.
Old 04-30-14, 01:46 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

From what I've read on this and other forums, the results from contact with Lexus Customer Satisfaction have been hit and miss.

Usually on a forum you'll hear from dissatisfied drivers and maybe not so much from those who were satisfied with the results.

Hang in there Coach, sometimes resolution takes a while.
Old 04-30-14, 03:25 PM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's acceptable that Coach submitted his complaint *twice* WITH a follow-up and yet nothing back.

In my experience, nothing about the three Lexus dealerships I've dealt with in the last couple of years, stands out as being particularly excellent from a customer service point of view. The service and sales associates could all use a nice dose of professionalism as everyone seems to have an overly casual attitude. Details on requests I've made have been missed or outright ignored on several occasions, and they have definitely not gone out of their way to ensure that I'm a happy customer.

While highly satisfied with the car, I am unimpressed with the dealership experience so far. It's not terrible, but it is terribly mediocre. If customer service is something Lexus thinks will help continue sell its cars, I think they have a lot of work to do with folks like myself who place a lot of value on it. In fact, if it was excellent, I probably wouldn't be going to my BMW dealer for an upcoming purchase.
Old 05-05-14, 11:33 AM
bgryn1976
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amphipri0n
I don't think it's acceptable that Coach submitted his complaint *twice* WITH a follow-up and yet nothing back.

In my experience, nothing about the three Lexus dealerships I've dealt with in the last couple of years, stands out as being particularly excellent from a customer service point of view. The service and sales associates could all use a nice dose of professionalism as everyone seems to have an overly casual attitude. Details on requests I've made have been missed or outright ignored on several occasions, and they have definitely not gone out of their way to ensure that I'm a happy customer.

While highly satisfied with the car, I am unimpressed with the dealership experience so far. It's not terrible, but it is terribly mediocre. If customer service is something Lexus thinks will help continue sell its cars, I think they have a lot of work to do with folks like myself who place a lot of value on it. In fact, if it was excellent, I probably wouldn't be going to my BMW dealer for an upcoming purchase.

When comparing customer service you should not look at other luxury brands such as BMW , Mercedes or Audi. Lexus raised the bar on service a long time ago. They all have raised their quality a lot in lat 10 years. A lot these dealers have multiple brands now including Lexus. Your sales person can vary at the same dealership so just find someone who will actaully bring you offer to the sales manager. This though isn't just a Lexus problem but a problem with the industry in general.

I also think if you have a major problem on a car such as lexus anything short of replacement will make you not like the dealer. I will be the first to admit even though they sell them lot's of problem's are not their fault.

In general the less problems you have with your car the happier you are. It's hard to complain when all you do at the dealer is get free car washes and oil changes with free loaner cars.

Just walk into a Chevy or Buick dealer and look around. Most of those dealers are nightmare's.

Last edited by bgryn1976; 05-05-14 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-05-14, 04:40 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

In Nevada I used the Toyota dealership across the street from the Lexus dealer for service. I got great customer service, just walked across the street and hung out at Lexus until they called me from Toyota when my vehicle was completed.