ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Dealer programmed settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-14, 07:05 AM
jakepdx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonmanch, assuming we're talking about 2014 models, that's simply incorrect. Look at #28 on this document:
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/ES_LPS.pdf
And you'll see it's disabled by default.
Old 04-03-14, 08:28 AM
jonmanch
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jakepdx
Jonmanch, assuming we're talking about 2014 models, that's simply incorrect. Look at #28 on this document:
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/ES_LPS.pdf
And you'll see it's disabled by default.
Mine is a 2013, and the default was to open when depressed. I presume there were a lot of people who had the same objection I had. Also my car is a ES300h.
Old 04-03-14, 08:49 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,233 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
That function was not enabled by default on mine. Might be a dealership thing.
I was hoping that mine WAS enabled. Not so from delivery...Now I have to pay or buy the thing from Amazon for $30.00. YUK.
Old 04-03-14, 08:50 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by jonmanch
Mine is a 2013, and the default was to open when depressed. I presume there were a lot of people who had the same objection I had. Also my car is a ES300h.

I also have a 2013, and the pdf for 2013 personalized settings shows the default for that setting to be "off", just like it is for the 2014 model year.

See #29 of pdf for 2013 ES300h personalized settings. Also note that default for this setting for the 2013 ES300h is the same as for the 2013 ES350.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/13E...i-customer.pdf (for 2013 ES300h)

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/ES_LPS.pdf (for 2013 ES350)

I also confirmed that the default is "off" by checking my own vehicle. On that vehicle, no changes have been made from defaults, and the windows do not open with holding the unlock button for several seconds.

Last edited by lesz; 04-03-14 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-03-14, 02:37 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that you now have another option too: use the Carista OBD2 app for Android to change your settings by yourself. Being the developer of that app, I'm definitely biased, but I'd say that it's a lot simpler to use than Techstream (there's no setup/driver install needed) and it doesn't need a laptop or wired cables at all: it just runs on your phone or tablet and connects wirelessly via Bluetooth (you do need an ELM327 bluetooth device though - but it's cheap).

See http://www.caristaapp.com/2014/03/04...-with-carista/
Old 04-03-14, 04:06 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Carista
Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that you now have another option too: use the Carista OBD2 app for Android to change your settings by yourself. Being the developer of that app, I'm definitely biased, but I'd say that it's a lot simpler to use than Techstream (there's no setup/driver install needed) and it doesn't need a laptop or wired cables at all: it just runs on your phone or tablet and connects wirelessly via Bluetooth (you do need an ELM327 bluetooth device though - but it's cheap).

The app looks like a useful tool.

When I read the app description on the Android App Store, it says that it will work on most 2005 and later vehicles. When I read the description linked to in your post, it says that it will work on the 2010 and later Lexus GX. Is there any chance that it will work with the Generation 1 GX (2004-2009)? If not, do you have a similar app available that will work with a Generation 1 GX?
Old 04-03-14, 04:31 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lesz
The app looks like a useful tool.

When I read the app description on the Android App Store, it says that it will work on most 2005 and later vehicles. When I read the description linked to in your post, it says that it will work on the 2010 and later Lexus GX. Is there any chance that it will work with the Generation 1 GX (2004-2009)? If not, do you have a similar app available that will work with a Generation 1 GX?
Yeah, the app description gives a general "bucket": some 2005 and newer models of such and such manufacturers. But the exact list of supported models is here: http://www.caristaapp.com/supported-vehicles/

For now we don't support the 1st gen GX because it uses an older communication protocol. We only support the newer models that use "CAN". But we are looking into adding support for that older protocol - so far it seems doable with the same ELM327 hardware. If we do add support for it, it'll be available as a free update to the app... but no promises that we'll be able to do it at all!
Old 04-04-14, 06:55 AM
Halfmoon
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Our salesman printed out the five pages of Lexus Personalized Settings for us when our car was delivered. We know what can be changed and check it off on the list and @ the 5000 mile scheduled maintenance service they will set it.

Now we just need to drive it more, only 2000 miles since 12/2013.
Old 04-04-14, 08:48 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,233 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista

Well I ordered the ELM327 and downloaded the app onto my Android device. I'll post results after I attempt to use it.
Old 04-04-14, 02:50 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bc6152
Well I ordered the ELM327 and downloaded the app onto my Android device. I'll post results after I attempt to use it.
I'll be looking forward to seeing your evaluation. If the app would also work with my GX, I would buy it now and order the Bluetooth device. I may do so eventually regardless of whether there is an update that will make it compatible with the GX, but, in the mean time, I still have the Techstream available to me to use if I need it.

Last edited by lesz; 04-04-14 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-04-14, 02:52 PM
jakepdx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that app looks awesome! Thanks so much!
Old 04-04-14, 03:03 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

The remote window and sunroof open was set on prior to the keyless fobs and are now defaulted off.

The related feature is the closing of any/all openings by inserting the mechanical key in the drivers door
lock cylinder and turning counter-clockwise. Was on with previous keys now off on the "hidden key" style.

While it would be extra cool if we could not only remote open the car but also remote close it, apparently
while the openings are "jam-proof" when auto closing (finger not holding the button) they will close relentlessly
if held. To "hold" the remote switch while perhaps out of sight of the window/sunroof might cause problems.
Old 04-13-14, 05:45 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bc6152
Any news? I hope the app worked for you

Originally Posted by mcomer
The remote window and sunroof open was set on prior to the keyless fobs and are now defaulted off.

The related feature is the closing of any/all openings by inserting the mechanical key in the drivers door
lock cylinder and turning counter-clockwise. Was on with previous keys now off on the "hidden key" style.

While it would be extra cool if we could not only remote open the car but also remote close it, apparently
while the openings are "jam-proof" when auto closing (finger not holding the button) they will close relentlessly
if held. To "hold" the remote switch while perhaps out of sight of the window/sunroof might cause problems.
There are a bunch of settings available on the auto-opening and auto-closing and I think some of them apply to holding the touch-button on the door handle. Not sure though. Also, I've definitely seen differences between US and Euro models (Euro ones seem to allow you to enable closing windows via the remote button, while most US ones don't).

By the way, we've just released a new beta version of Carista with even more settings available You can get it here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
Old 04-13-14, 08:37 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

What I would change close to the end of the 4 year and or 50k warranty is the driver seat auto slide back and the auto steering wheel up. If the motor wears out after the warranty that would cost !! I will probably have that option changed now since I don't need that to happen. Not a fat guy
Old 04-14-14, 01:02 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Max707
What I would change close to the end of the 4 year and or 50k warranty is the driver seat auto slide back and the auto steering wheel up. If the motor wears out after the warranty that would cost !! I will probably have that option changed now since I don't need that to happen. Not a fat guy
We just added the auto-slide-seat setting in the new beta of Carista . We're working on the steering wheel auto-tilt. (Note: the '05 LX in your signature is currently not supported by Carista; only 09+ LXs are supported. See http://www.caristaapp.com/supported-vehicles/ ).

Quick Reply: Dealer programmed settings