Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2014 lexus es350 "my opinion"

Full loaded – 2014 ES350

Pos: Exterior Paint/Room/Smooth/Navi
Con: Cheap Interior Pieces/Handling

This is not a luxury car anymore.

Current Vehicles: IS250 and CL550

I took my car in for service for a few recalls. I had the pleasure of receiving a nice 2014 ES350 has a loaner. At first site I notice how bland the car looks. But I luv bland cars so that’s cool with me.

Exterior – Paint was great, exterior despite been a little bland look great.

Interior - Sorry there was too much hard plastic/cheap pieces in this car.
The buttons were huge. Gracious
Clash between 1990 and 2014. But I guess Lexus keep it this way for the old crowd.

Handling – terrible but I felt fine driving it in the snow vs. my other vehicles.

Navi – I luv the new Navi. I got confuse for a sec or two but I was able to figure it out with no problems.

Space – Excellent

Verdict
This car simply sells b/c it’s cheap and a Lexus. This car should not be held as a luxury car anymore. I don’t like bash people vehicles but I see no reason to purchase this car over a nice Buick or better yet a fully loaded Toyota or Camry. Thank goodness for the older generations or this car would fail.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-18-13, 08:18 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Good points.
The ES line is Toyota's/Lexus' crossover point between the top of the Toyota line (Avalon) and the bottom of the Lexus line (ES).
If the product is taken from that point of view, it serves a valid place in the Lexus line.
Us old folks are only getting older.
The company needs to always get younger buyers in and this does serve that purpose.
Then as they get older they move up to the GS or LS lines.
Old 12-18-13, 08:47 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"This car simply sells b/c it’s cheap"

Sorry, you are incorrect. There are other reasons why it sells so well. And the only thing cheap about this car is its price!

" I see no reason to purchase this car over a nice Buick"

If you can't see any difference from ANY General Motors similarly sized vehicle to this, you should buy a Buick!

I was just away on a trip and had the opportunity to rent a GM vehicle that has been compared in this forum to the ES (Impala). Frankly, it was a piece of junk. And when you consider reliability and resale value, the best choice/overall value is clear. I was thrilled to get back home to my ES!
Old 12-18-13, 08:54 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Didn't know $51k was "cheap"!!
Good to know!!

Last edited by Lexusxoxo; 12-18-13 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-18-13, 09:04 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Compared to other similar vehicles (not GM), it is for everything you get.

An frankly, in the long run based on my experience, the total cost of ownership of this type of vehicle has always been less than lesser cars costing significantly less (IMHO).

Most ES300h vehicles sell for well under $51k.

The issue of plastic in the interior has been brought up numerous times. The ES line is entry level Lexus. If you want a fancier finish on the interior, you need to move up to a GS or LS.

Last edited by ElliotB; 12-18-13 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-18-13, 10:17 AM
rogers2
Racer

As I stated earlier my point wasn’t to bash the car. I just don’t find anything special or unique about the vehicle. The car isn’t anymore luxury than an Avalon or Buick. Yes you get the nice Lexus logo and reliable. So it’s a merit to purchase the car but it’s not anymore luxury than most 35k vehicle.

Nice car but they should be ashamed of the interior plastic parts.

The car is selling like hotcakes so what do I know...

Last edited by rogers2; 12-18-13 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-18-13, 10:26 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2
The car is selling like hotcakes so what do I know...
That, plus I doubt they gave you a fully loaded ES as a loaner.
Old 12-18-13, 11:06 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

A couple of things under beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The Lacrosse is rated at the bottom of Large/Upscale Sedans from the results of Consumer Reports from their annual Owners Survey for owner satisfaction. The ES350 is #2.

The attached link also has some information on the new IS250.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...of-2013-a.html

Just another point of view.
Old 12-18-13, 11:16 AM
rogers2
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike728
That, plus I doubt they gave you a fully loaded ES as a loaner.
Sorry but i'm confident it was.
Old 12-18-13, 11:51 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 185 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by rogers2

Current Vehicles: IS250 and CL550
I've driven the S550/CL550. If I owned them, of course they'd make me feel like the Es was cheap. I don't see the point in this thread.
Old 12-18-13, 12:02 PM
alpinefun
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my 2013 ES350 for about 3 weeks and I can't stop enjoying of it. I do not see any interior cheap looking pieces at all. Could you please name them? Granted this is my first Lexus and I might be overexcited but this car feels to me much more luxury than MB C-Class and BMW 3-Series (forget about Avalon) I have drive tested.
I guess everyone has its own definition of luxury.
Old 12-18-13, 12:25 PM
rogers2
Racer

Go sit in the driver seat for a quick second. Look to the left of the steering wheel. Feel the compartments. Cheap plastics/feel it.
Look down at the plastics where the gear shifter is located. Feel it, the piece that’s in front of the mouse. Cheap plastics
Honestly the clock looks cheap.
Once you really sit back and look at the interior you will find more.

I don't want change your views on your vehicle. The ES is a nice vehicle but it’s not luxury anymore. It’s one maybe a half step up from a v6 accord.
Old 12-18-13, 12:31 PM
rogers2
Racer

Originally Posted by LexRuger
I've driven the S550/CL550. If I owned them, of course they'd make me feel like the Es was cheap. I don't see the point in this thread.
The point of the thread is to voice my opinion of the car. Lexus cut corners on the interior. Instead of focusing on my cons people should focus on my pros. It definitely was a smooth ride.
Old 12-18-13, 12:45 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,231 Likes on 864 Posts

Gee, this is the most expensive car I've ever owned so for me it is luxurious. I think that Lexbob nailed it when he stated that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I come from a long line of VW Rabbits, Toyota Corollas, and a long time ago, a Rambler. Yeah, I'm in my 60's and a retired Philly Cop. The Lexus ES series is, IMO, very well designed and built with a price point to attract those who want a little extra but can't afford the Benz's, Audi's, and BMW's. The materials used are designed to achieve this price point and IMO do so extremely well.
Old 12-18-13, 12:57 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Someone who does not own an ES and who goes on a Lexus owners forum and shares quite negative feelings about the vehicle with those who own it comes across as little more than trolling.

I have quite a few negative feelings about vehicles made by BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, etc., but I would never come to the conclusion that it would be appropriate in any way for me, as someone who doesn't own any of those vehicles, to go onto an internet board populated by those who do own the vehicles and bash them. Further, the credibility and judgment of the OP comes into serious question when he compares the ES to a Buick. In terms of quality of workmanship, reliability, etc., any such comparisons would seem to have had to come from someone who has had little or no experience with the actual vehicles.

While I would not think to compare the level of luxury of my ES with that of an LS, the ES does, for me, a more than satisfactory job of making me feel like I'm being pampered with a sufficient amount of luxury, and that is why I own one. If I had felt differently, I would have bought a different car, and I would not be wasting my time posting on a Lexus owners' board in a shallowly disguised attempt to provoke those who have bought an ES.

Quick Reply: 2014 lexus es350 "my opinion"