Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 and ES300h (2013+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Interior Colors

Old 12-14-13, 05:43 PM   #1
Jamrock27
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Interior Colors

I am very interested in getting an ES 300H but I am tired of black interiors, do not like the Parchment because its too light and do not like the Light Gray at all. I like the darker interior colors like the LS, GS, IS, RX Flaxen and CT-Caramel. I love the ES for the ride quality and quietness; my choice would be the ES 300 H for fuel economy. I have had an ES 350 rental for a week and a half now and filled up today for the 1st time. I received 310 miles to the tank @ 20.5 MPG. This was achieved on 95% round town with about 8 miles of stop and go California highway traffic per day. Only one day I did a 60 mile round trip and hit stop and go traffic on the 1st leg of the trip but the return I was able to 65 MPH for sometime. Anyone else have interior color concerns as well?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Jamrock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 09:37 PM   #2
txes
Lead Lap

None.

Get the grey.

John
Old 12-15-13, 08:23 AM   #3
Canesguy
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamrock27 View Post
I am very interested in getting an ES 300H but I am tired of black interiors, do not like the Parchment because it’s too light and do not like the Light Gray at all. I like the darker interior colors like the LS, GS, IS, RX – Flaxen and CT-Caramel. I love the ES for the ride quality and quietness; my choice would be the ES 300 H for fuel economy....................
I agree with your comments about the interior choices on the ES. I have the CT-Caramel and the Parchment interiors in my cars. I wished the Caramel came on my ES300h, or at least that Parchment came with black carpeting like on BMW's. I was also tired of black, and having had gray interiors in the past, I found them bland and got quickly tired of them. I wish other interior choices were available, but the Parchment is rich, especially in contrast to the bamboo appointments. The light beige carpeting with the Parchment is completely unacceptable; however, as it readily and easily gets dirty. I solved the problem by putting black Lexus OEM carpeted mats in my Parchment interior. Because the dash and much of the console are black, it goes with the interior beautifully. The dealer told me when I bought them that other owners frequently do the same. Perhaps you could negotiate them in your deal

Obviously, your color choice is ultimately up to you; it is a personal decision, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Let us know what you do. I highly recommend the ES300h, currently averaging just over 41 mpg, and lovin' that.

Currently......
2014 ES300h Premium: Matador Red/Parchment interior, Bamboo wood accents, Premium Audio, Nav., Intuitive Park Asst., Blind Spot Monitor, Wood steering wheel, Ceramic Window Tint
2013 CT200h Premium: Matador Red/Caramel Interior, Premium Audio, Nav., Body Side Moldings, Window Tint

Last edited by Canesguy; 12-15-13 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: typos
Canesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 08:55 AM   #4
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

No concerns here... I have the gray and like it very much!
Lexusxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 08:59 AM   #5
SW13GS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I'm with you on the colors, black, grey & parchment gets a little old. I personally think the Parchment looks the best on the ES, it makes the cabin feel richer and hides some of the lower quality plastics well.

They brought that saddle in the 2011 and 2012, don't know why they couldn't have kept that. I love the Flaxen in my GS...

2013 GS350 AWD Luxury Package, Liquid Platinum with Flaxen Interior
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Maximum Steel with Indigo Blue/Brown interior
~Previous Lexus Vehicles~
2010 ES350, 2003 ES300 In the family: 2004 LS430, 1998 LS400
SW13GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 09:40 AM   #6
Canesguy
Pole Position

Quote:
... I have the gray and like it very much!

Does gray have the light carpeting too?

Currently......
2014 ES300h Premium: Matador Red/Parchment interior, Bamboo wood accents, Premium Audio, Nav., Intuitive Park Asst., Blind Spot Monitor, Wood steering wheel, Ceramic Window Tint
2013 CT200h Premium: Matador Red/Caramel Interior, Premium Audio, Nav., Body Side Moldings, Window Tint
Canesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 10:15 AM   #7
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesguy View Post
Does gray have the light carpeting too?
No it has black carpet. Just the leather part of the seats are grey. Looks very nice.
I should add my car is Silver.
Lexusxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 10:44 AM   #8
Jamrock27
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesguy View Post
I agree with your comments about the interior choices on the ES. I have the CT-Caramel and the Parchment interiors in my cars. I wished the Caramel came on my ES300h, or at least that Parchment came with black carpeting like on BMW's. I was also tired of black, and having had gray interiors in the past, I found them bland and got quickly tired of them. I wish other interior choices were available, but the Parchment is rich, especially in contrast to the bamboo appointments. The light beige carpeting with the Parchment is completely unacceptable; however, as it readily and easily gets dirty. I solved the problem by putting black Lexus OEM carpeted mats in my Parchment interior. Because the dash and much of the console are black, it goes with the interior beautifully. The dealer told me when I bought them that other owners frequently do the same. Perhaps you could negotiate them in your deal

Obviously, your color choice is ultimately up to you; it is a personal decision, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Let us know what you do. I highly recommend the ES300h, currently averaging just over 41 mpg, and lovin' that.
Thank you Canesguy, I had the same observation on the Parchment carpet instead of black. Lexus values the customers' opinion so maybe if enough of us voice our opinions, then they will do something about it. I will definitely be getting the ES 300H and I don't think the Parchment is a bad color I just think it is prone to get dirty easily. I am very gentle with my cars and they are always well kept in showroom condition. My last 5 cars were silver exterior with black interior. This one will be Nebula Gray Pearl exterior and more than likely Parchment interior
Old 12-15-13, 10:47 AM   #9
Jamrock27
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW13GS View Post
Yeah I'm with you on the colors, black, grey & parchment gets a little old. I personally think the Parchment looks the best on the ES, it makes the cabin feel richer and hides some of the lower quality plastics well.

They brought that saddle in the 2011 and 2012, don't know why they couldn't have kept that. I love the Flaxen in my GS...
The Saddle was a special series I think Coach. They need to bring it back as an option
Old 12-15-13, 10:53 AM   #10
lesz
Lead Lap

Quote:
This one will be Nebula Gray Pearl exterior and more than likely Parchment interior
I have the nebula gray pearl exterior with the parchment interior in my ES350. As an alternative to going with black floor mats, I chose to get the Weathertch all-weather mats in the tan color. The color is somewhat darker than the parchment leather or carpet color. I think it complements the parchment interior very well, and the darker color mats don't show dirt nearly as much the carpet that the car came with.
lesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 11:25 AM   #11
Jamrock27
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesz View Post
I have the nebula gray pearl exterior with the parchment interior in my ES350. As an alternative to going with black floor mats, I chose to get the Weathertch all-weather mats in the tan color. The color is somewhat darker than the parchment leather or carpet color. I think it complements the parchment interior very well, and the darker color mats don't show dirt nearly as much the carpet that the car came with.
Thank you, I have also noticed that in the North East the dealers do not carry the Nebula Gray pearl exterior with the Parchment interior on the ES 300H
Old 12-15-13, 11:30 AM   #12
jonmanch
Driver

Quote:
Thank you, I have also noticed that in the North East the dealers do not carry the Nebula Gray pearl exterior with the Parchment interior on the ES 300H
Those are the colors of my 300h and I live in NY
jonmanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 12:16 PM   #13
Jamrock27
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanch View Post
Those are the colors of my 300h and I live in NY
Jonmanch do you mind disclosing the dealer you purchased from?
Old 12-15-13, 02:58 PM   #14
jonmanch
Driver

Quote:
Jonmanch do you mind disclosing the dealer you purchased from?
Ray Catena Lexus of Larchmont (NY), but they also have a dealership in NJ. They were great to deal with.
jonmanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-13, 04:22 PM   #15
Jamrock27
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanch View Post
Ray Catena Lexus of Larchmont (NY), but they also have a dealership in NJ. They were great to deal with.
Thank you Jonmanch, I know about them. I just checked their NY and both NJ dealers and they do not have the Nebula Gray pearl exterior with the Parchment interior on the ES 300H.
Old 12-15-13, 04:22 PM