Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES350 and ES300h (2013+) (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350-and-es300h-2013-247/)
-   -   purchased a 2014 ES300h today! (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350-and-es300h-2013/718889-purchased-a-2014-es300h-today.html)

LexHybrid1 11-23-13 11:46 PM

purchased a 2014 ES300h today!

what do you guys think? it is my wife's car. i love it so far. very comfortable, tech is good, and the back seats are really roomy. :cool:

we now have a 40mpg stable. my E250 BlueTec diesel is pictured at the bottom next to the ES300h.

options: silver lining, light gray leather, luxury package (no radar cruise), preferred accessory

pics:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/1...f7fd0948_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3757/1...a02e41f1_b.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5510/1...b2a5b4a2_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3675/1...cb06e59a_b.jpg

steig 11-24-13 05:07 AM

Nice !!!! Congrats on the new vehicle.

Canesguy 11-24-13 07:28 AM

Happy motoring and welcome.

uicandrew 11-24-13 10:50 AM

great pictures, btw. i thought they were stock pictures, until i saw the one with the benz

bc6152 11-24-13 11:55 AM

Welcome to the forum. A great place to learn and comment on all aspects of the latest generation Lexus 300 and 350. Ask anything and come back often. Good Luck with your new Lexus...

Formula271 11-24-13 01:12 PM

Excellent!!

Makes it even that much harder to wait....I've ordered a silver lining metallic 300h to be delivered middle of January. Your pics reinforced I'm still happy with my color choice :)

RXSF 11-24-13 01:40 PM

E250 is certainly a great economical ride. I wonder which car you guys will like better in the long run. Looking at some diesels myself

LexHybrid1 11-24-13 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steig (Post 8251859)
Nice !!!! Congrats on the new vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canesguy (Post 8251923)
Happy motoring and welcome.

thanks! :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by uicandrew (Post 8252111)
great pictures, btw. i thought they were stock pictures, until i saw the one with the benz

thanks, i am a growing photography hobbyist. the solo exposures turned out nicely :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bc6152 (Post 8252173)
Welcome to the forum. A great place to learn and comment on all aspects of the latest generation Lexus 300 and 350. Ask anything and come back often. Good Luck with your new Lexus...

thanks, will do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formula271 (Post 8252243)
Excellent!!

Makes it even that much harder to wait....I've ordered a silver lining metallic 300h to be delivered middle of January. Your pics reinforced I'm still happy with my color choice :)

it is a very nice paint code. you will thank yourself later on when it keeps itself cleaner than the darker shades. plus, it stays cooler on the inside, especially with the lighter gray seats! trying to keep a black or dark blue paint job looking fresh is an uphill (and often a losing) battle, in my experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RXSF (Post 8252277)
E250 is certainly a great economical ride. I wonder which car you guys will like better in the long run. Looking at some diesels myself

they are so very different, and i'm glad we have both. where one leaves off, the other picks up. i do prefer the RWD, extra space (huge trunk + folding rear seats), high torque, and overall elegance of the benz, but i had a ton of fun taking the lexus around town yesterday. it is so quiet and the drivetrain performs its mode-switching so transparently and effortlessly. the interior technology is better, IMO and the price of regular gasoline compared to diesel is a nice benefit.

we will probably use the benz for longer road trips on highway stretches. it is like driving a luxurious locomotive out there :cool: and we will use the lexus around town and on shorter trips where traffic and stoplights are more likely.

txes 11-24-13 04:27 PM

"thanks, i am a growing photography hobbyist. the solo exposures turned out nicely"

Remember the rule of thirds when positioning objects in your photos. :-)

John

caboal 11-24-13 06:14 PM

I took delivery of almost the same car yesterday. Mine has black leather. My first Lexus.
I'm totally jealous of your front bumper with no holes drilled in it.

My dealership didn't settle for two holes, they had to drill 4 to mount the bracket. Then the bolt that hold the frame & plate to the bracket caused a third indentation that looks like a third hole.

Al

LexBob2 11-24-13 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caboal (Post 8252582)
I took delivery of almost the same car yesterday. Mine has black leather. My first Lexus.

My dealership didn't settle for two holes, they had to drill 4 to mount the bracket. Then the bolt that hold the frame & plate to the bracket caused a third indentation that looks like a third hole.

Al

I feel your pain. Illinois also requires a front plate.

mikeys350 11-24-13 06:26 PM

Nice car. CA requires a front plate also but luckily our es didn't have anything drilled to the front when we bought it.

LexHybrid1 11-24-13 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caboal (Post 8252582)

Al

ugh, that sucks. i prefer the dealerships that have you sign/acknowledge whether or not you want them to put it on or to leave it off. i've used bumperplugs.com in the past to fill the holes where they drilled without asking. looks better than a front plate, but not perfect. might look a little strange with 4 of them, though.

Mike728 11-25-13 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexBob2 (Post 8252586)
I feel your pain. Illinois also requires a front plate.

But, at least the dealers listen when asked not to drill the holes. :)

coach1 11-25-13 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexHybrid1 (Post 8252895)
ugh, that sucks. i prefer the dealerships that have you sign/acknowledge whether or not you want them to put it on or to leave it off. i've used bumperplugs.com in the past to fill the holes where they drilled without asking. looks better than a front plate, but not perfect. might look a little strange with 4 of them, though.

The ONLY thing that Audi did right was provide two different trim plates in the grill....one with license plate mtg and one w/o. South Carolina requires only one rear plate. When my father-in-law purchase a new Cadillac, the dealership had the indecency of drilling 4 sheet metal bolts into a beautifully appointed front bumper to mount their dealer's plate. There was no way of plugging or covering the damage other than a body shop refinishing the bumper. :sai: