Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

purchased a 2014 ES300h today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-13, 11:46 PM
LexHybrid1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking purchased a 2014 ES300h today!

what do you guys think? it is my wife's car. i love it so far. very comfortable, tech is good, and the back seats are really roomy.

we now have a 40mpg stable. my E250 BlueTec diesel is pictured at the bottom next to the ES300h.

options: silver lining, light gray leather, luxury package (no radar cruise), preferred accessory

pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101887197@N08/11023565504/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101887197@N08/11023493996/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101887197@N08/11023608963/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101887197@N08/11023613573/
Old 11-24-13, 05:07 AM
steig
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice !!!! Congrats on the new vehicle.
Old 11-24-13, 07:28 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Happy motoring and welcome.
Old 11-24-13, 10:50 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

great pictures, btw. i thought they were stock pictures, until i saw the one with the benz
Old 11-24-13, 11:55 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,231 Likes on 864 Posts

Welcome to the forum. A great place to learn and comment on all aspects of the latest generation Lexus 300 and 350. Ask anything and come back often. Good Luck with your new Lexus...
Old 11-24-13, 01:12 PM
Formula271
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent!!

Makes it even that much harder to wait....I've ordered a silver lining metallic 300h to be delivered middle of January. Your pics reinforced I'm still happy with my color choice
Old 11-24-13, 01:40 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

E250 is certainly a great economical ride. I wonder which car you guys will like better in the long run. Looking at some diesels myself
Old 11-24-13, 02:34 PM
LexHybrid1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by steig
Nice !!!! Congrats on the new vehicle.
Originally Posted by Canesguy
Happy motoring and welcome.
thanks!

Originally Posted by uicandrew
great pictures, btw. i thought they were stock pictures, until i saw the one with the benz
thanks, i am a growing photography hobbyist. the solo exposures turned out nicely

Originally Posted by bc6152
Welcome to the forum. A great place to learn and comment on all aspects of the latest generation Lexus 300 and 350. Ask anything and come back often. Good Luck with your new Lexus...
thanks, will do.

Originally Posted by Formula271
Excellent!!

Makes it even that much harder to wait....I've ordered a silver lining metallic 300h to be delivered middle of January. Your pics reinforced I'm still happy with my color choice
it is a very nice paint code. you will thank yourself later on when it keeps itself cleaner than the darker shades. plus, it stays cooler on the inside, especially with the lighter gray seats! trying to keep a black or dark blue paint job looking fresh is an uphill (and often a losing) battle, in my experience.

Originally Posted by RXSF
E250 is certainly a great economical ride. I wonder which car you guys will like better in the long run. Looking at some diesels myself
they are so very different, and i'm glad we have both. where one leaves off, the other picks up. i do prefer the RWD, extra space (huge trunk + folding rear seats), high torque, and overall elegance of the benz, but i had a ton of fun taking the lexus around town yesterday. it is so quiet and the drivetrain performs its mode-switching so transparently and effortlessly. the interior technology is better, IMO and the price of regular gasoline compared to diesel is a nice benefit.

we will probably use the benz for longer road trips on highway stretches. it is like driving a luxurious locomotive out there and we will use the lexus around town and on shorter trips where traffic and stoplights are more likely.
Old 11-24-13, 04:27 PM
txes
Lead Lap

"thanks, i am a growing photography hobbyist. the solo exposures turned out nicely"

Remember the rule of thirds when positioning objects in your photos. :-)

John
Old 11-24-13, 06:14 PM
caboal
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took delivery of almost the same car yesterday. Mine has black leather. My first Lexus.
I'm totally jealous of your front bumper with no holes drilled in it.

My dealership didn't settle for two holes, they had to drill 4 to mount the bracket. Then the bolt that hold the frame & plate to the bracket caused a third indentation that looks like a third hole.

Al
Old 11-24-13, 06:16 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by caboal
I took delivery of almost the same car yesterday. Mine has black leather. My first Lexus.

My dealership didn't settle for two holes, they had to drill 4 to mount the bracket. Then the bolt that hold the frame & plate to the bracket caused a third indentation that looks like a third hole.

Al
I feel your pain. Illinois also requires a front plate.
Old 11-24-13, 06:26 PM
mikeys350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car. CA requires a front plate also but luckily our es didn't have anything drilled to the front when we bought it.
Old 11-24-13, 10:15 PM
LexHybrid1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by caboal

Al
ugh, that sucks. i prefer the dealerships that have you sign/acknowledge whether or not you want them to put it on or to leave it off. i've used bumperplugs.com in the past to fill the holes where they drilled without asking. looks better than a front plate, but not perfect. might look a little strange with 4 of them, though.
Old 11-25-13, 05:24 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I feel your pain. Illinois also requires a front plate.
But, at least the dealers listen when asked not to drill the holes.
Old 11-25-13, 05:28 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexHybrid1
ugh, that sucks. i prefer the dealerships that have you sign/acknowledge whether or not you want them to put it on or to leave it off. i've used bumperplugs.com in the past to fill the holes where they drilled without asking. looks better than a front plate, but not perfect. might look a little strange with 4 of them, though.
The ONLY thing that Audi did right was provide two different trim plates in the grill....one with license plate mtg and one w/o. South Carolina requires only one rear plate. When my father-in-law purchase a new Cadillac, the dealership had the indecency of drilling 4 sheet metal bolts into a beautifully appointed front bumper to mount their dealer's plate. There was no way of plugging or covering the damage other than a body shop refinishing the bumper.

Quick Reply: purchased a 2014 ES300h today!