ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Do any lowering springs exist for the ES350?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-13, 08:31 PM
BobSagat
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
The main reason for me, not to go to bigger rims is mpg. (300h)

I'm thinking if I stick with the stock rims and tires, I shouldn't take a hit on the mpg's, but still get the firmer ride I want....
I haven't noticed a hit in MPG yet(it will probably end up 1-2 MPG less in the long run though), and in the wheel and tire thread other have said the same with the Hybrid ES's.
Old 12-05-13, 07:18 PM
ocp04
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the tein springs for a camry 4cyl or 6cyl, I looked up the weight amd the 4cyl to 6cy isn't much.
Old 12-09-13, 01:23 PM
BobSagat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ocp04
are the tein springs for a camry 4cyl or 6cyl, I looked up the weight amd the 4cyl to 6cy isn't much.
Used the 4cy springs

weight was fine
Old 12-10-13, 07:32 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like progressive rate springs.

is this a good price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEIN-S-TECH-...-/250909445564
Old 12-11-13, 09:12 AM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
looks like progressive rate springs.

is this a good price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEIN-S-TECH-...-/250909445564
Yes, that is a good price. I've got the exact set from this seller. This same set cost $380 from a Tein distributor.

I've had them for about a week now just waiting for the right time to install them.
Old 03-03-14, 12:08 PM
tylerdh
Driver School Candidate

just posted this in the wheel and tire thread but figured I would try it here as well.

@BobSagat, i don't own a ES350, but I do have a '13 Avalon. I am trying to drop 1" or so. I have heard of some Camry applications that the coil spring is wound in different directions for each wheel location, did you not run into that situation with yours? I beleive the ES350 and Avalon would match as far a suspension components go. no issues with the passenger front spring not "seating" correctly? Tein 4cyl kit obviously works. now that you have had it on a couple months, everything still working ok? i have access to The Eibach kit for 07-11 Camry and the H&R Kit for same years but they offer 2 different kits, 1 for 4 cyl and 1 for 6 cyl. do you think those would work as well? thanks for your time, and the ES looks great!!
Old 03-03-14, 01:46 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you PM him? Just another way to reach him.
Old 03-05-14, 06:46 PM
jordanreic
Driver School Candidate

I ordered the Eibach kit for the 07+ camry. I will be installing it in a week and Ill let everyone know how it goes
Old 03-11-14, 02:46 PM
BobSagat
Driver School Candidate

No issues so far. Car works good even with the left front coil spring off a tad. No issues other than the stiff ride
Old 03-28-14, 10:10 AM
jordanreic
Driver School Candidate

Ok, so I installed the eibach kit and it doesnt fit too well in the front. The rear is fine.
The rear stock spring is shaved flat on top, and the camry springs are not. Other than that, good fitment.
The fronts are not the same and I get quite a bit of noise. Also, the camry springs are wound in the same direction for both left and right, where the Lexus are wound in opposite direction so the front passenger side spring does not sit correctly in the perch. It wont ruin the car, but its far from perfect and ideal. Let me know if anyone has any other questions, I put these in myself.
Old 03-28-14, 12:25 PM
tylerdh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jordanreic
Ok, so I installed the eibach kit and it doesnt fit too well in the front. The rear is fine.
The rear stock spring is shaved flat on top, and the camry springs are not. Other than that, good fitment.
The fronts are not the same and I get quite a bit of noise. Also, the camry springs are wound in the same direction for both left and right, where the Lexus are wound in opposite direction so the front passenger side spring does not sit correctly in the perch. It wont ruin the car, but its far from perfect and ideal. Let me know if anyone has any other questions, I put these in myself.

i just started a post on my install on my 2013 Avalon. you need the '12 and newer Camry kit. it has the front passenger spring the is "wound" in the right direction. perfect fit, was able to be aligned back to factory specs too... clears staggered 20's...

Old 03-28-14, 09:20 PM
LexFather

Guys I'll talk to RSR for you all
Old 03-31-14, 06:48 PM
jordanreic
Driver School Candidate

Here is a link to the other thread on this topic. Maybe an admin can mesh them somehow.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...installed.html
Old 04-03-14, 06:10 PM
jordanreic
Driver School Candidate

2012 camry springs are the correct springs. They fit nearly perfectly. 2 things
1. the bump stops included in the eibach kit are obviously for the camry, and because of that, they do not fit. I am running the stock bump stops and they work just fine. No issues whatsoever.
2. the rear springs are not shaved at the top. No big deal, but nonetheless it is a difference. Other than that, they are a perfect match. I have no rubbing, bumping, noises, etc....
Again, this is a fairly straightforward and easy install. If you have any questions, either post them or PM me and I can answer them.
Old 02-22-21, 12:43 AM
Erick831
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BobSagat
never took any stock pics but I found some stock ES350's on google to compare-

Stock 2013 Lexus ES350 vs 2013 Lexus ES350 lowered 1.5."+20" TSW Wheels

vs

vs

as far as the ride is concerned-

-Its stiffer and you can feel the bumps in the road a lot more, but it still rides nice and cornering feels a lot better because of less body roll. If you have ever driven any of the Lexus FSport models it will feel very similar.
Could you send me a link on where u bought ur rims they are just what I'm looking for

Quick Reply: Do any lowering springs exist for the ES350?