ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

HID availability with LKA, RCC and UL

Old 09-30-13, 01:18 PM
brittmayo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID availability with LKA, RCC and UL

All of the available Ultra Luxury ES300h's in my area come with EITHER radar cruise and lane keep assist OR with HID headlamps, but never both. Is there a reason that the two are incompatible (or that if you have one you wouldn't want to have the other), or is this just a configuration choice that has been made in the TX, OK, LA area?

I have been having trouble getting a clear answer on this question. Does anyone have an ES300h that has all three (LKA, UL and HID), know of one, or know that this combination cannot exist?

Thanks.
Old 09-30-13, 02:04 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them all. Dealer inventory comes in the way they order it. You may have to special order it.
Old 09-30-13, 05:13 PM
brittmayo
Driver

Originally Posted by ElliotB
I have them all. Dealer inventory comes in the way they order it. You may have to special order it.
Thank you, Elliot.
Old 09-30-13, 05:33 PM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have all three too!
Old 09-30-13, 05:36 PM
Brozee
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I find it ridiculous on a lexus that HID headlamps are not standard. Glad I got them in mine though. If I had to choose between the two it would definitely be the HID's; even though they are super easy to retrofit. I would never use the lane keep assist, don't really like the system.
Old 09-30-13, 06:32 PM
brittmayo
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusxoxo
I have all three too!

Thanks, xoxo.

For you and/or Elliot, how long did your special order take to arrive, and were you able to get any kind of deal at all on a special order?
Old 09-30-13, 06:41 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Approximately 4 months. And usually there are no bargains on special order vehicles.
Old 09-30-13, 06:42 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by brittmayo
All of the available Ultra Luxury ES300h's in my area come with EITHER radar cruise and lane keep assist OR with HID headlamps, but never both. Is there a reason that the two are incompatible (or that if you have one you wouldn't want to have the other), or is this just a configuration choice that has been made in the TX, OK, LA area?

I have been having trouble getting a clear answer on this question. Does anyone have an ES300h that has all three (LKA, UL and HID), know of one, or know that this combination cannot exist?

Thanks.
I have a 2013 ES300h UL, I special ordered it fully loaded. I wanted the Dynamic Laser Cruise Control and Lane Departure Alert. The "Build Your Lexus" site leads you to believe that you cannot get HID lights if you choose those options, however, although it is not stated on the window sticker, my car came with HIDs. It may be possible that they forgot to mention that HID is included with one of those 2 options.
Old 10-01-13, 05:54 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brittmayo
Thanks, xoxo.

For you and/or Elliot, how long did your special order take to arrive, and were you able to get any kind of deal at all on a special order?
I lucked out and found a fully and I mean fully loaded silver UL 300h and a local dealer.
I was able to get it for $4353 off sticker which is $1500 below invoice.
Now I have "heard" from two difference dealers that 2014 300h with UL will only be available by special order.
I guess we will have to wait and see if that's true..
Old 10-01-13, 05:56 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jollick
I have a 2013 ES300h UL, I special ordered it fully loaded. I wanted the Dynamic Laser Cruise Control and Lane Departure Alert. The "Build Your Lexus" site leads you to believe that you cannot get HID lights if you choose those options, however, although it is not stated on the window sticker, my car came with HIDs. It may be possible that they forgot to mention that HID is included with one of those 2 options.
What was sticker price on yours? Just curious..
Old 10-01-13, 07:00 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

What was sticker price on yours? Just curious..
I would have to dig it out but it was a bit over over $50k. I ordered it in September 2012, I believe there have been a couple of small price increases that would bring it to just over $51k today. To me it was worth every bit. Just think what a loaded LSh goes for! And we have more legroom in the back seat. I have had several Lexus models over the years, a couple GS (still have a 2006 GS300 AWD), an SC, LS and RX, all purchased new. This one is the best yet.
Old 10-01-13, 07:21 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jollick
I would have to dig it out but it was a bit over over $50k. I ordered it in September 2012, I believe there have been a couple of small price increases that would bring it to just over $51k today. To me it was worth every bit. Just think what a loaded LSh goes for! And we have more legroom in the back seat. I have had several Lexus models over the years, a couple GS (still have a 2006 GS300 AWD), an SC, LS and RX, all purchased new. This one is the best yet.
Yes! Sticker today is $51,128 and least mine was. I even got the bumper protector. lol
This is my first car that has every option offered.. Having lots of fun learning everything.
Can believe the owners manual is over 900 pages!!
Old 10-01-13, 09:14 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Ok, I said I had HID lights because I assumed I did because my car is "fully" loaded.
Now I'm not 100% sure I do..
My window sticker doesn't list it..
How can I tell if I truly have them??
Old 10-01-13, 10:22 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 608 Likes on 458 Posts

Ok, I said I had HID lights because I assumed I did because my car is "fully" loaded.
Now I'm not 100% sure I do..
My window sticker doesn't list it..
How can I tell if I truly have them??
Turn them on. It's quite obvious.
Old 10-01-13, 10:30 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike728
Turn them on. It's quite obvious.
When I was driving home from the dealer it looked like a landing strip in front of me so.....
Does the HID have a blue tint to them..
I have only had my car 2 days.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID availability with LKA, RCC and UL