ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Lexus Enform is Free

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-13, 02:38 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Lexus Enform is Free

I just got word that the Lexus Enform is now free instead of a paid subscription after the 1st year. Enform includes: Bing, iHeart, OpenTable, Facebook Places, MovieTicket, Pandora and Yelp. Lexus Safety Connect, eDestination, Destination Assist, and Sirus are still paid subscriptions.

Well, at least they're taking the step in the right direction. Now if only we can get them to upgrade our iPhone connection.
Old 09-04-13, 02:54 PM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arty101
I just got word that the Lexus Enform is now free instead of a paid subscription after the 1st year. Enform includes: Bing, iHeart, OpenTable, Facebook Places, MovieTicket, Pandora and Yelp. Lexus Safety Connect, eDestination, Destination Assist, and Sirus are still paid subscriptions.

Well, at least they're taking the step in the right direction. Now if only we can get them to upgrade our iPhone connection.
The 5 or so times I've used Enform in the 10 months of having the car, it's been slow and inconsistent. I would not have renewed this "service" for a fee. Additionally, the only two apps worth any interest to me would be Pandora and Bing.
Old 09-04-13, 03:04 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

I sometimes use Bing, OpenTable and Yelp too, and would not have renewed as a paid subscription either.
Old 09-04-13, 03:13 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I just got the email today.

Enform App Suite Service is
Now Subscription-Free!

We hope you are enjoying your Lexus and your Lexus Enform® App Suite service. Enform App Suite was designed to make your driving experience more enjoyable by providing in-vehicle access to popular mobile applications like BingTM, Pandora® and iHeartRadio.

We are pleased that so many of our valued customers are enjoying Enform App Suite. As a result, Lexus is proud to announce that Enform App Suite service is now included with your vehicle at no additional or annual charge, compliments of Lexus.[1] Please note that expiration dates noted on some websites and printed materials have yet to be updated. Be assured, your service will not be affected.

If you have not had the chance to activate your Lexus Enform App Suite, please take this opportunity to visit LexusEnformAppSuite.com or use the convenient mobile App (available for download on iPhone®[2] or AndroidTM [3] smartphone devices) to register and take advantage of this complimentary service.

Your Lexus Enform with Safety Connect® and SiriusXM Data Services Package subscriptions are provided separately. This update does not apply to either of these services.
See below for the complimentary and subscription services available on your Lexus:
Old 09-04-13, 03:29 PM
jrlxr7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enform app

I think the app is super. I listen to Pandora all the time even though I have Sirius/XM. So far there have not been any commercials. I am pleased that it is now free. It is also interesting to see the cover art displayed. Initially I was not really very interested in the app, but after personalizing my Pandora playlist it really is spontaneous and more interesting than Sirius/XM
Old 09-04-13, 03:43 PM
687Jim
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Enform Renewal

I just renewed.

How do I get my money back???

Jim
Old 09-04-13, 04:20 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Ouch. Call Corporate, or the 800 number they have on the renewal notice on how to get a refund. I'm sure they'll do the right thing.
Old 09-04-13, 04:34 PM
atoyota
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just got my email as well. I agree with jrlxr7, Pandora is the best. No commercials for me either.
Old 09-04-13, 05:25 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

One thing about using my Enform, I always need to activate the app on my iPhone before it works. Is this typical, or am I doing something wrong on the set up?
Old 09-04-13, 05:33 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,233 Likes on 866 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all these apps have to go thru a smartphone with usage charges? Such as Pandora and others? So if one doesn't have a smartphone they're SOL. Even if one does have a smartphone don't you have to have an unlimited data plan? I've not used one of these, but have used the others that one must pay to subscribe. Not a big deal for me...
Old 09-04-13, 05:47 PM
jrlxr7
Driver School Candidate

Yes, it requires a smartphone. I have an Android phone. It comes on automatically when the car radio is left on the app setting and my phone bluetooth is on. bc6152 is correct, it definitely incurs data usage charges. Fortunately my phone has an unlimited data plan, otherwise is could get costly.
Old 09-04-13, 05:54 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Yep just got the email as well. I will say I would have never renewed as well and I'm pretty sure they found that most people were not gonna pay for it.
Old 09-05-13, 05:12 AM
txes
Lead Lap

Enform and a mobile device works about as well as this site and a mobile device.

Both are hit and miss and annoying as hell.

John
Old 09-05-13, 07:00 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just can't get fired up about Enform. I don't think I'll mess with it even now that it's free.
Old 09-05-13, 07:04 AM
oneor11
Driver School Candidate

I'm just disappointed Enform is dependent upon the user possessing a particular phone platform. This dependency should be made way more transparent during the sales process. I favor the functionality of the Windows Phone 8 platform over that of Apple or Android, so that's what I own. But as a result I can't use one of the vehicles main entertainment/information features. That's unfortunate.

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform is Free