ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

One thing holding me back from buying the es300 is im afraid of nuluxe, I really want

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-13, 01:36 PM
Bower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One thing holding me back from buying the es300 is im afraid of nuluxe, I really want

I really wanted leather seats when shopping around, anybody having issues with this nuluxe material?
Old 06-20-13, 01:38 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It's said to look like leather and maybe wear better but in a luxury vehicle,I want leather.
No ventilated seat option with Nuluxe.I wonder how Nuluxe is in hot weather.
Old 06-20-13, 03:07 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

You know real leather is an option, right?
Old 06-20-13, 03:22 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I agree and the problem is easy to remedy - just order the package - luxury I believe - that includes ventilated leather seating.

Dave Mac
Old 06-20-13, 03:42 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default NuLuxe

We wanted leather too but quickly found out that, because of the way Lexus configures the packages, we would need to buy a car that had 18 inch wheels which we did not want. We got a nebula gray with gray NuLuxe interior and we love it. The seats are more comfortable than the leather and keep in mind that it's only the seating surface that is leather - the rest of the seat is - you guessed it - NuLuxe.
Old 06-20-13, 03:51 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There are more ES with leather option as part of a package than there are in Nuluxe. That being said, I think you'd want the perforated vented leather seats especially in Texas. I'm not sure how well vinyl, I mean Nuluxe will feel or do in hot weather.
Old 06-20-13, 09:48 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Luxury package if that bothers you.

We were on the fence about going with the NuLuxe, but after doing all of the math, it was only about $3K more for real leather, navigation, HID, and all of the other little goodies that come with the luxury package. We felt it was worth the cost.
Old 06-24-13, 05:48 AM
Bower
Driver School Candidate

I don't know that the nuluxe bothers me, I actually like it, I just don't know if it holds up well, can anyone confirm that it holds up?
Old 06-24-13, 07:15 AM
Xpcgamer
Rookie

Nuluxe is fine. Will wear better then leather, no cows where killed (if you care about that) and they feel fine in hot and humid south Florida. I did not want NAV. The HID's are not even self leveling. I put a kit in the projectors and the cut is VERY clean and sharp. Only thing I regret was the ventilated seats.
Old 06-24-13, 08:01 AM
Bower
Driver School Candidate

You wish it had ventilated seats? I tried the ventilated seats and didn't think they did much of anything.
Old 06-24-13, 10:07 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

One reason we didn't go for the NuLuxe was the smell. You can really feel all of the vapors if you open the car door when the car is not inside. Not pleasant and can be scary since you don't know how all of those synthetics are going to affect your health. I'd rather take my changes with leather.
Old 06-24-13, 10:38 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bruce van
One reason we didn't go for the NuLuxe was the smell. You can really feel all of the vapors if you open the car door when the car is not inside. Not pleasant and can be scary since you don't know how all of those synthetics are going to affect your health. I'd rather take my changes with leather.
Bruce - we don't notice any "odd" smell with NuLuxe at all. Are you sure that the non leather parts of your seats are not NuLuxe? Lexus has been using NuLuxe for a long time now and I'm not aware of any health issues involved. Ours was not a cost issue - we just couldn't get the car with leather but without the larger wheels we didn't want.
Old 06-24-13, 08:32 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Of course there are not apparent dangers with use of synthetics for upholstery, it's the smell & fumes combined with sitting in the hot baking sun that concerns me.

Much of the new car smell is off gassing and it's probably better than it used to be, but I would rather have less smells and fumes with most everything. Call me paranoid.

If you wanted smaller wheels, I'm sure there would have been people lined up to swap wheels with you. Most people want to go big....me included!
Old 06-24-13, 08:53 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bruce van
Of course there are not apparent dangers with use of synthetics for upholstery, it's the smell & fumes combined with sitting in the hot baking sun that concerns me.

Much of the new car smell is off gassing and it's probably better than it used to be, but I would rather have less smells and fumes with most everything. Call me paranoid.

If you wanted smaller wheels, I'm sure there would have been people lined up to swap wheels with you. Most people want to go big....me included!
We're happy with the 17" wheels - doesn't make any sense to pay $880 for an unwanted option and turn around and trade for the standard equipment that doesn't cost extra to begin with - scratching my head on that one. We did do a changeover on the tires though - got rid of the bridgestones in favor of the michelins - ride is much better and quieter now.
Old 06-25-13, 05:03 AM
Bower
Driver School Candidate

I thought mich were quieter.

Quick Reply: One thing holding me back from buying the es300 is im afraid of nuluxe, I really want