Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 and ES300h (2013+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Back up camera

Old 06-30-14, 12:16 PM   #16
darc1
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermo View Post
I found out today that on the new Lincoln mkz,you have the option of watching the rear view camera while in drive. Is this possible on my 2013 es350?
Soooo I figured out you CAN enable your rear view camera while driving. The HD quality of the camera looks amazing while you are flying on the highway. So here is how I did it. I have a 300H and while trying to get max MPG's on my commute to work I popped the car into neutral to pick up some speed on a long downhill after it leveled off. I forgot I was in neutral and popped it forward one more to put into what I thought was neutral to coast a bit more but I had actually put it into reverse. Stupid mistake I know but most automatics wont even let you do that while driving forward. Anyway, the car kept rolling just fine but then the backup camera turned on and I was able to see crystal clear footage of everything behind me. I've tried this a few more times since and it works without issue.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
darc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 12:52 PM   #17
bc6152
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by darc1 View Post
Soooo I figured out you CAN enable your rear view camera while driving. The HD quality of the camera looks amazing while you are flying on the highway. So here is how I did it. I have a 300H and while trying to get max MPG's on my commute to work I popped the car into neutral to pick up some speed on a long downhill after it leveled off. I forgot I was in neutral and popped it forward one more to put into what I thought was neutral to coast a bit more but I had actually put it into reverse. Stupid mistake I know but most automatics wont even let you do that while driving forward. Anyway, the car kept rolling just fine but then the backup camera turned on and I was able to see crystal clear footage of everything behind me. I've tried this a few more times since and it works without issue.
Sooo to do this one requires a long downhill road, slip the car into reverse while driving forward, then look at the display to see behind the car. Hmmm. Sorry, to me doesn't sound like a great idea.

1966 Corvette Sting Ray convertible
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 02:49 PM   #18
Arty101
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
Sooo to do this one requires a long downhill road, slip the car into reverse while driving forward, then look at the display to see behind the car. Hmmm. Sorry, to me doesn't sound like a great idea.
I totally agree. Not worth the potential damage for a distraction.
Arty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 06:50 PM   #19
atoyota
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
That kind of horseplay is why I won't buy a used car, CPO or not.
Old 06-30-14, 06:50 PM