Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 and ES300h (2013+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2013 ES paint quality?

Old 07-21-14, 01:55 PM   #31
Amphibulus
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I'm getting a quote on a full clear bra. I will get that done at the soonest.

The fender it might be a good idea too. I will ask for it.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Amphibulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 08:19 AM   #32
mspearl95
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibulus View Post
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I'm getting a quote on a full clear bra. I will get that done at the soonest.

The fender it might be a good idea too. I will ask for it.
see if they can wrap the front edge of the hood as well. I have a full clear bra, but have at least one rock chip in this spot, since the clear bra only comes up to the edge of the hood and doesn't wrap around.
mspearl95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 04:32 PM   #33
aleksfox
Driver School Candidate

Got the 2013 ES350 in Starfire pearl so far so good. Never had a white car before but moving to CA it just didn't seem right to get a dark color.
aleksfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 02:34 PM   #34
lamikela1
Rookie

I have a clear bra as well and it works great. It seems that I have been through a lot of road construction since I purchased my car and it's been hit by a lot of gravel but the bra saved the finish. It's good insurance against chips and scratches for about $500 or so. Mine is Nano Fusion.

2013 ES350 Luxury package w/NAV, XM Radio
Silver Lining Metallic/Black interior, 18" Wheels, Spoiler, RES+, GBS, Nav Bypass, LED Fogs, Nano Fusion Clear Bra, Zainoed
Previously owned - 2008 ES350 Luxury package
lamikela1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 03:39 PM   #35
lesz
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamikela1 View Post
I have a clear bra as well and it works great. It seems that I have been through a lot of road construction since I purchased my car and it's been hit by a lot of gravel but the bra saved the finish. It's good insurance against chips and scratches for about $500 or so. Mine is Nano Fusion.
What did you get covered for the $500 or so? Is it just the hood and fenders, or is the bumper also covered?
lesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 05:27 PM   #36
Arty101
Lexus Test Driver

May want to see if they can also cover your bumper, mirrors and headlights.
Arty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 05:38 AM   #37
lamikela1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesz View Post
What did you get covered for the $500 or so? Is it just the hood and fenders, or is the bumper also covered?
I have the bumpers, hood, fenders, and mirrors covered. It has a lifetime warranty against yellowing, fading, and peeling. It is also self healing to an extent and can be compounded if you get a surface scratch.

2013 ES350 Luxury package w/NAV, XM Radio
Silver Lining Metallic/Black interior, 18" Wheels, Spoiler, RES+, GBS, Nav Bypass, LED Fogs, Nano Fusion Clear Bra, Zainoed
Previously owned - 2008 ES350 Luxury package
lamikela1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 06:18 AM   #38
lesz
Lead Lap

Quote:
I have the bumpers, hood, fenders, and mirrors covered. It has a lifetime warranty against yellowing, fading, and peeling. It is also self healing to an extent and can be compounded if you get a surface scratch.
Thanks for the information. It sounds like you did very well getting that much covered for $500.

I've been considering getting the paint protection film for my ES. The Lexus option for the film has a MSRP of only $429, but I believe that it only covers the hood and fenders. I live in an area where prices are usually lower than what they would be in a major metropolitan area, but there are only a couple of guys in the area that do the paint protection film. I went to the guy that most of the dealers, including the local BMW dealer, in the area use, and his reputation is very good. He quoted me $350 for the hood and the fenders, but, to also get the bumper done, another $600 gets added to the price. That seems high to me, but I'm not sure what other options I have without traveling a good distance out of my area.
lesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 10:22 AM   #39
Arty101
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
That's a good price. My dealer wanted around $500 just for the OEM hood bra. I paid $700 thru an indie 3M Clear Bra installer for the hood, fender, front bumper, headlights and fogs, mirrors, rear bumper and the door handle inserts. He also wrapped around the leading edges, including the doors. He did a good job and found him off Yelp.
Arty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 10:22 AM

Tags
2013, 350, chipped, easy, es, es350, gs350, hood, lexus, paint, problems, scratch, scratches, soft, spots