ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Many problems with the '13ES350. HELP?

Old 03-30-13, 05:25 AM
DASMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arty101
Okay, it seems your evaporator is draining properly. Have them change out the AC filter. If dirty, it will smell, particularly if you're recirculating the air.

I've also heard that they also can "bomb" the vent and evaporator with a can of cleaner - think Lysol sprayed into the intake and the chem runs through the vents and fins of the interior to kill mold and spores. They run it for a half hour? with the windows closed and the recirc on to ensure it goes through the system. No need to disassemble the dash, but not sure how effective this is, but better than nothing. Much better than removing the dash and getting more problems.
I would stay away from the Lysol approach and use something that is specifically made for neutralizing odors and such from a vehicle's HVAC system. There are two such products listed over on Detailers Domains web site. 1Z einszett Klima-Cleaner - A/C Odor + Bacteria Cleaner is the stronger of the two products and is sprayed directly into the two center vents and / or cabin air intake. 1Z einszett Klima-Cleaner - Easy To Use - ETU is the easier of the two to use, just turn on the A/C set it to recirculate, close all the windows, set the can to discharge, close the door and let things run for 10 minutes or so.

Since the folks over at DD are one of the sponsors of this forum, you can enter the code of LEXUS at checkout to save 10% on your order.

Last edited by DASMan; 03-30-13 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-30-13, 01:26 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You are correct Dasman, that was the type of AC cleaner I was thinking. I didn't literally mean Lysol, but a mold/fungicide and spore ac cleaner or 'bomb'.

What looks odd though in your two links is how one picture shows them spraying into the vent. That's where the air flows out, and may not get to the root of the problem. No doubt it wouldn't hurt. The second link says to spray into the recirc intake, where I think it would be more effective. It would hit the evaporator and all the fins where the mold, fungus and spores would be hiding, and the rest of the airway passages and vents. But, I'd still change out the AC filter at the minimum.
Old 04-13-13, 04:05 AM
Music4ever
Driver

Brittm, there is a service bulletin for the 2013 Lexus es 350 for the A/C not sure if it will below is the link.
http://www.iseecars.com/car-problems/lexus-problems
Old 04-13-13, 04:10 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 608 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Music4ever
Brittm, there is a service bulletin for the 2013 Lexus es 350 for the A/C not sure if it will below is the link.
http://www.iseecars.com/car-problems/lexus-problems
I see nothing for the ES, just the GS???
Old 04-13-13, 04:15 AM
Music4ever
Driver

My bad you are right. The only thing for the ES is the below. Thanks for the correction Mike

VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:ACCELERATOR PEDAL: LEXUS: PRECAUTION INFORMATION ON REMOVAL, INSPECTION, INSTALLATION OF ACCELERATOR PEDAL SENSOR ASSEMBLY, WHICH REQUIRES NO LUBRICATION. MODELS 2001-13 CT200H, ES300, 300H, 330, 350, GS300, 350, 450, 450H, 460, GX460, 470, HS250H, IS F, IS
Old 05-09-13, 03:07 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Default Just my 2 cents...

Originally Posted by brittm
I purchased the '13 ES350 in Nov '12 in CA. Right off the bat I noticed rattles coming from the driver side window area. Took it in and of course no one can hear what I hear. Also heard rattles from the passenger seat. Got that figured out...they said that is just how it was made that it shakes alot and when it does it rattles, but it goes away when the seat is occupied. With the other rattles concerning the driver side that still hasnt gotten resolved, but i have an idea on what is making the noises most of the time. A rattle comes from the sunvisor when down and I think a rattle comes from the handle on the ceiling above the window. Haven't taken it in to get fixed because no one seems to hear it when I take it in.

I have just had a lot of problems with this car from the get go and its so dissapointing coming from Lexus. This is my first brand new car after having a '01 IS 300 for several years and not having and problems with it so having this much trouble with this car is so annoying.

Another BIG issue I am having right now is a horrible smell coming from the A/C when turning it on. I have kept my car in a garage that has a moldy/must smell to it plus having to ventilation. It was in there for a while since we have my husbands car and giving my car a break with miles since we put a lot on it for a while because it was our only car. One day I went out and turned the car on along with the A/C (I turn it off all the time when turning my car off) and out came this horrible smell. It seemed to go away after driving it a bit, but everytime I got in the car it seemed to smell. I took it to my dealer and they seemed to think it was something dead. After talking with my manager at my apartment and confirming they have no issues with rodents I insisted they spray just incase. In the meantime when I took it to the dealer they said it could be something dead and said in order to fix it my dash had to be removed. I am so picky about this car and after all the problems with noises I have been having I really just don't want to go through with it. I have tried (if there was something dead in there) flushing it out with water. turning the heat on and letting it run, ect. It didnt seem to help so my husband said it is not something dead because if it was it would smell worse than what it does and would smell all the time. I left my car out of the garage for 2 nights and when I turned it on to put it back in the garage because we were going off for the weekend the smell had seemed to go away. And then of course when we got back and taking it out of the garage the smell was back. So we have been convinced it is the garage making the A/C system smell. So I have been keeping the car out and it was out for a bout a week and a half. The smell has been on and off. Sometimes when I turn it on it will not smell, but other times it will.

I have tried calling Lexus and researching to see if anyone else has had this problem and I just dont know what to do anymore. And on top of that now my window makes a creeking sound when it is rolled up and down. Could anything esle go wrong with this car?

If anyone can help or have any advise it would be greatly appreciated. I DONT WANT TO TAKE MY DASH OUT! (TO CAUSE MORE ISSUES)

Thanks! Britt
If you have musty issues in your garage, this may be something that will not permanently go away... especially in Florida humidity. Just saying.
Old 05-09-13, 04:21 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

Check out this link and let us know if it helps eliminate the smell.

http://suite101.com/article/bad-smel...tioner-a134728