ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

My New Lexus ES 300h has Missing Equipment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-13, 01:12 PM
Photios
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Lexus ES 300h has Missing Equipment?

I have an interesting situation with my new 300h. I took delivery of it this past Friday, and it was not until yesterday that I realized that my car seems to be missing the "wood and leather trimmed **** ****" My **** **** is leather but not with wood trim.

I purchased the Luxury Package and among other options (all pre-ordered by the dealer, I just chose a car off the lot) the "Leather trimmed Shift **** and Heated Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel" (as it is written on the sticker). Funny thing is this... When I went online or looked in the brochure about possible options for the ES 300h, no where is there an option to get "Leather Trimmed Shift **** and Heated Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel" but only "Wood and Leather Trimmed Shift **** and Heated Steering Wheel."

So... my car does not have a wood trimmed shift ****. Okay... not a big deal... but the look is a little different without the wood trim. Do I have any recourse with the dealer on this to have them swap out the **** ****? It is true that the invoice is totally correct and accurate regarding the car, but... how did this happen, as this $450 option actually includes a wood and leather trimmed shift ****?

Just strange! I'd prefer the wood trimmed shift ****, but it's not going to kill me to keep it as is... I just wanted to get some feedback before I talked to the dealer, and/or embarrassed myself!

Thanks for any input!

Photios
Old 02-27-13, 01:28 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

you spelled shift **** wrong there and left out the f

you personally should have checked all that before signing off on the car.

if the dealership is a PITA, they can just say you were lieing or it came with the car and not provide it to you for free. Im not too familiar with the brand new ES, but some members on here can chime in with what is provided with what package.
Old 02-27-13, 01:29 PM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I've seen a picture of a Lexus bamboo trimmed shift **** and don't think one currently exists for the ES, curious to what would you swap in its place?
Old 02-27-13, 01:44 PM
DASMan
Rookie

I just took a look at the listing that the dealer gave me for my 300h special order due to come in a few days. On the printout, this option is listed as "Leather Trimmed Shift **** and Heated Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel"

There is no mention of a leather and wood trimmed shift ****.
Old 02-27-13, 01:46 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

This is similar issue to the headlights. Website says the HID option includes auto leveling feature, but Lexus confirmed to me that it does not, and I received the CYA that there is an accuracy disclaimer on the website. Website needs to be updated.

Since accurate info on sticker, no recourse. Having said that, if you ask the dealer and show him the website, all he can say is no.
Old 02-27-13, 02:01 PM
DASMan
Rookie

If you look on the Lexus web site, the only interior photos that have a wood inlay on the shift **** are on the 350, not the 300h.

Here is the link to 300h interior photo:

And this is the link to the 350 interior photo:
Old 02-27-13, 02:28 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

In this case the website is correct. I just looked and the wood & leather trimmed **** is shown as an option with the heated steering wheel for the 350 but not for the 300. Heated steering wheel option for the 300 does not mention shift ****.
Old 02-27-13, 04:34 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I too had that same question. I noticed on my window sticker that it list leather and wood steering wheel and shift ****. If you look at all the 300h, none have the wood and leather shift ****. I think it has something to do with not being able to craft a piece of bamboo **** without it falling apart.

Does anybody here have a leather and wood shift **** on their ES 300h?
Old 02-27-13, 05:54 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

And I agree with the others - I don't believe there is a leather and wood shift **** available for the ES300h possibaly due to the bamboo trim in the 300h model. I also agree that some of the Lexus info in sales literature and even on the window stickers was not too accurate with the new introduction but it seems enough time has passed for them to get it corrected.

I was a little upset with my ES350 because the part of the window sticker I read many times said a 6 disk CD changer was standard (which I guess is correct) but when you get nav it is replaced with a single disk CD player. Closer reading may have said this but at the time I ordered mine none of the salespeople were up to speed yet either.

But you will still enjoy the new car.

Dave Mac
Old 02-27-13, 06:16 PM
a310pilot
Driver

You can't have it all. This is one of those weird things Lexus does...

BUT, I'm sure in time you can find some after market replacement for it.

The most important thing is to enjoy your ride
Old 02-27-13, 06:39 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I want it all! . Actually, I like either shift ****, but the wood trim and leather looks mighty nice.
Old 02-28-13, 06:56 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What color of interior do you have? You might want to consider the f-sport shift ****. I have a picture posted here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...s300h-pic.html
Old 02-28-13, 07:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Does the sticker itself say "wood and leather trimmed steering wheel"?
Old 02-28-13, 08:18 AM
Fly4u
Banned

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Does the sticker itself say "wood and leather trimmed steering wheel"?
My sticker says: "Leather trimmed shift **** & wood & leather trimmed steering wheel."

Listed as Installed Options with an MSRP of $300
Old 02-28-13, 08:23 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

I mean the OP. If the monroney sticker lists a wood/leather trimmed wheel...he's owed one.

Quick Reply: My New Lexus ES 300h has Missing Equipment?