ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What do you dislike about your ES 300H?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-13, 01:07 PM
afrsyl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the main dislike is the Navi. Well, I'm going in today to buy the car. Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 02-27-13, 05:26 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, Navi isn't the easiest to use.

Good luck and let us know how you did.
Old 03-04-13, 04:14 PM
Fly4u
Banned

At this red-hot moment, plenty!

The sales advisor walked me through the high points on delivery, and I've hunt and pecked through the abbreviated guide. Today I spent time with the primary manual to get better acquainted. For all the goodness Lexus engineers into their vehicles, the ES300h electronic suite and variable features are IMHO the weak link. As compared with the Ford "Sync" system in my recent auto, the ES300h nav, audio, and hybrid display access/programming are distinctly poor. The hybrid history page is mostly nonfunctional, so a visit to the dealership is necessary - at the same time a slew of dealer-only parameters will be adjusted.

No buyers remorse here, it is a vastly more refined and comfortable ride than the '10 Fusion Hytbrid. Lexus could have and should have done better.
Old 03-04-13, 08:11 PM
Churmsk
Driver School Candidate

Great car overall. I think Lexus did an amazing job....HOWEVER, the Mark Levinson (ML) sound system is very disappointing. They say that it is an 835 watt system; however, it sounds pretty weak. Other threads indicate that this issue stems from an ML amp providing too much gain to the subwoofer. Goes on to state that replacement amps are being installed by Lexus...
Old 03-09-13, 03:12 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

Originally Posted by newone88
For me getting used to the hybrid car is the biggest adjustment. Also, it is very quiet and that take sometime getting used to and the other sounds from the car.

Breaks need some getting used to as well but not a big deal

Something that I really not enjoying is the sound. It sound the same as my 10 years old Highlander. I thought the sound would be much better and have more controls for a luxury car but it is very basic and not impressive at all.

The whole nav system will need a bit of time getting used to and Iphone 5 integration was smooth but still can't get the text to appear on the screen.

By the way, I was able to upload photos for the start up screen. Is there away to replace the lexus one that appears first? Also, can the startup photo stay on the screen longer, maybe 5-10 seconds instead of 2?
Can you explain to me what the start - up screen is? Do you mean the Nav screen or the little Lexus car where the controls are. Also, can you tell me how to upload a photo? TY.
Old 03-10-13, 02:19 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

#1 dislike: Increasing number of rattles occur randomly in the dash, making it difficult for analyzing cause and location. Most are affected by temperature, either hot or cold. Drives me nuts.

#2 dislike: Absence of auto fold in mirrors.

#3 dislike: Too much hard plastic used for interior panels.
Old 03-10-13, 07:25 PM
montyf
10th Gear

Default I'm stunned and delighted with how much I like the car

there's always lots to like and dislike

I've put 4k miles on mine in 7 weeks and am delighted - mileage (38+) up and 4,000 feet of daily commute, appointments, quietness, nav system - the list goes on

here's what i like about the nav system - there are multiple ways to get the same result: "mouse" button, dash buttons, wheel buttons - and I don't have to look at dirty screen

your price seems very good
Old 03-11-13, 09:10 AM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fly4u
At this red-hot moment, plenty!

The sales advisor walked me through the high points on delivery, and I've hunt and pecked through the abbreviated guide. Today I spent time with the primary manual to get better acquainted. For all the goodness Lexus engineers into their vehicles, the ES300h electronic suite and variable features are IMHO the weak link. As compared with the Ford "Sync" system in my recent auto, the ES300h nav, audio, and hybrid display access/programming are distinctly poor. The hybrid history page is mostly nonfunctional, so a visit to the dealership is necessary - at the same time a slew of dealer-only parameters will be adjusted.

No buyers remorse here, it is a vastly more refined and comfortable ride than the '10 Fusion Hytbrid. Lexus could have and should have done better.
What kinds of dealer only adjustments?

next visit I want my steering wheel to not move when I power up/off. But that is about it...
Old 03-11-13, 04:56 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mr. Bill-

I think you could turn the seat and steering column off from the Settings mode. There's a full, partial, and no exit mode for the chair, and I think for the steering column too. No dealer change needed. Art