Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Image Size on Startup Screen - ES300h

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-14, 01:23 PM
AFRetired
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good gouge
Old 05-25-14, 07:01 AM
shotofwine
Rookie

anyone try to use a pic for the shutdown screen? I tried this and can't get it to work. I got the start up working fine but can't figure out the shutdown
Old 05-28-14, 06:56 AM
JASAN
Driver School Candidate

Default No Luck

Originally Posted by cowdesigne
Thanks for the info! With some trial and error, I found the following to be true. I just did it for my car.

1. USB drive needs to be FAT32 format.
2. Create a folder named "StartupImages" <-- this is case sensitive
3. Name your picture file in ALL CAPS.
4. Count that your pic's filename EQUALS 32 characters (not up to 32 characters). This includes the ".JPEG" extension.

These instructions is what worked for me. I tried other variations without success. This one went through without a hitch. Good luck!
Does anyone else have any tips to get these pictures loaded, I have followed the instructions above, and the instructions of other posts on the board.

My owners manual says for point 2, the folder name should be "StartupImage" Not "StartupImages". It also lists the shutdown image folder should be "DisplayOffImage". All case sensitive.

Do the jpegs need to be in a special format, Maybe the display cant show progressive formatted jpegs?

Please be technical, I can follow.
Old 05-28-14, 08:11 AM
shotofwine
Rookie

It doesn't have to equal 32 characters. It's up to 32. After putting the pics on the USB drive go to where the settings for startup image is and transfer the photo. Select photo and save. Start up works for me but I can't get the display off to work.
Old 05-28-14, 03:52 PM
JASAN
Driver School Candidate

Default Got It working

so here is what I did, The folder names of course, but the all caps, the 32 character names weren't the issue with my pics.

Folder Structure I Used
StartupImage
DisplayOffImage

I'm using non cap, less than 32 character named jpgs, It was the progressive thing I mentioned above.

I opened the downloaded jpgs in photoshop, did a save as, Making sure ic profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 was checked. then selected quality Maximum, and baseline ("standard") was selected. Also Preview was checked.

The files then worked perfectly as expected.

A progressive jpg is typically found on the internet, basically its a specially formatted jpeg made to display on a web page right away, as the jpeg continues to download the quality of the picture on screen gets better. Its an older standard you don't find everywhere, since it made a difference on the internet in the slow dial-up days.

Most cameras if not all around today don't take those types of jpegs, but if you have that problem, at least now you can hopefully figure out why.

I know photoshop fixed my issue, if I find a free windows way to do the same I will post an update.
Old 03-23-16, 11:00 AM
lyster
Driver School Candidate

Cool Confused....

Looks like Lexus is very picky on naming of folders and file names.... Some comments here have been to name the folder "StartUpImages," or "StartUpImage," or "StartupImages." I even saw a video on YouTube where the folder was named "Images." Then there's the length of the name. Some say less than 32 characters, others say it must be precisely 32 characters. Some say ALL CAPS; others say that's not necessary. The size of the file and number of pixels may or may not be important. Will a .jpg file work, or must it be a .jpeg file?

In any event, I haven't been successful. I've tried many combinations of the foregoing, and still no luck. I was able to delete the dealer's image, which is 90% of what I wanted to do anyway. But sure would like to get this straightened out. (Settings say no image found on the USB drive. It's a 2016 ES300h.)
Old 03-01-17, 06:47 PM
CTakaCowsi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Lexus ES350 Premium (no nav)

Can I still change the image on a non-nav screen? The manual makes no reference to a usb key at all? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks