ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Radio Buttons for Sirius/XM Stations

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-13, 01:33 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
I believe the addition of the USB port negates the need for a hard drive and enables the owner to have a unlimited supply of music. IMHO
You are probably right, but I only listen to music in the car, don't have an mp3 player, and have all these Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, etc CDs.

Although with XM radio I don't listen to the hard drive as much as before.
Old 01-31-13, 01:55 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by wasjr
You are probably right, but I only listen to music in the car, don't have an mp3 player, and have all these Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, etc CDs.

Although with XM radio I don't listen to the hard drive as much as before.
I was referring to the use of a USB flash drive, just copy all your mp3 songs over to it, plug it into the port and it acts just like a hard drive would. I purchased a 16 gig SanDisk mini USB flash drive and was able to put enough songs on it to cover 10 days of non-stop music. They also come in 32 gig size. They are so small they take up no room at all.

Cruzer Fit™ USB Flash Drive
6GB | Item # SDCZ33-016G

Name:  usb-usb-sdcz33-032g.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  5.5 KB
Old 05-20-13, 07:13 PM
IggyGal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only Present channel

The original questions has not been answered. I find it hard to believe that Lexus is so antiquated. My wife 2013 RX350 radio will not let her surf channels on Sirius radio. Only the present channels are surf-able. Also the left side of the display only shows channel numbers, why can't they show the title of the channel. I have a 2010 Ford truck, and it shows the channel number and title.
I guess my question is "will lexus have an update to improve their display"

Thanks for your time
Old 05-21-13, 03:48 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IggyGal, I believe your questions have been answered. When you have the radio screen selected, the station information and and song information appear to the right. You can also have the audio information appear full-time if you split the navigation screen.

And you can scroll through the stations simply by holding the up or down arrow button down. The up and down arrows buttons on both the steering wheel and the dash function in two ways. To scroll through the presets, you push the button once. If you want to scroll through all the stations, but not only the presets, you simply hold the button down until it beeps. The next station in numerical sequence will appear, not the preset. I'm suspect the RX does the same thing.

Perhaps you should read the owner's manual.
Old 06-16-14, 02:02 PM
HarryFrank
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IggyGal
... I find it hard to believe that Lexus is so antiquated ... the left side of the display only shows channel numbers, why can't they show the title of the channel. I have a 2010 Ford truck, and it shows the channel number and title. I guess my question is "will lexus have an update to improve their display"
I just got a 2015 RX 350 and it has the same interface limitation where you can't see the names of XM channels on the left side (i.e., you can't see the name of the channel you select until you select it.)

I replaced my 2007 Camry where the names of all 6 preset stations (in each bank) were always visible (ie., before selecting a station); so this is a difficult transition for me -- admittedly a multi-genre music enthusiast.

This could easily be improved via a software update; but since this is my first Lexus purchase, I don't know how frequently updates are released.
Old 06-16-14, 03:25 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

wasjr and others,

Try creating station assignments by type or genre and placing them in the six (6) preset screens,
ie. 1/6 has local news, 2/6 has NPR, 3/6 has music, 4/6 has talk 5/6 has comedy 6/6 is sports
Use the rocker switch between Menu & Map to quickly page between them and the steering wheel
left spoke silver rocker to choose within the page. As mentioned you can easily tap up/down within a page.

The whole Hard Drive for downloads issue is apparently driven by Lexus Legal...you trade/sell the car with
downloaded copywritten material the new owner didn't pay for and you have ASCAP to deal with...

The solution is easier than the problem, get an iPod and a 6 inch USB cord. Jack it in the console and
bury it under the sunglasses turned on. It will charge whenever the car is on, holds a billion seconds of
program material, on Gen 8 systems you can voice command the song or Artist and...and when you change
vehicles you just grab it and go. No reloading of anything.
Old 02-05-15, 10:37 AM
RedSkye
Driver School Candidate

Default I too am wondering how to get the lable and not the channel number to disply

Originally Posted by SaulSch
I hope someone can assist with question below:

It relates to a just purchased 2013 Lexus ES350 with Navigation.

In selecting XM stations for the 36 radio presets, the only information that appears on each individual XM satelite station "button" is the XM channel number. What is missing is the station "label" ex. -- "CNN", "ESPN". If I set up more than a handful of buttons for XM stations, without the label appearing on the button, it is hard to identify the stations just by the XM number. It is only AFTER actually selecting a channel that the label information appears.

On other cars that I've owned (Acura, Buick), the XM satellite radio displayed this information on the screen buttons but with the Lexus, I cannot find any guide as to how to make the station names appear on the station buttons.

Thanks,

SaulSch

IN the 2007 Lezus I have the chennel NAME comes up. But in the 2014 only the channel NUMBER displays. Does anyone know how to make the NAME display and not the NUMBER?

I know we all can change the channel up and down. That isn't the question here. I don't want to have to go to channel 123 to know what's playing. I want to read the label not memorize the number that means the name.
Old 02-05-15, 03:26 PM
don1
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
wasjr and others,

The whole Hard Drive for downloads issue is apparently driven by Lexus Legal...you trade/sell the car with
downloaded copywritten material the new owner didn't pay for and you have ASCAP to deal with...
I doubt this is much of an issue. I traded a 2010 Acura TL Tech for the 2014 ES 300h. It was a simple matter of erasing my hard drive on the TL before trading in the car. I believe the dealer would ordinarily do this as part of car prep but I wasn't taking any chances. This also applies to all phone data.