Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Footwell Lights in 2013 ES300H

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 04:13 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Footwell lights on all the time

I have the '14 UL and the footwell lights are on all the time on the driver and passenger. As someone said, they dim a little after the doors or closed or the engine is turned on, I don't recall exactly. Also, note there is dim light on the sides of all four doors (interior). Actually, I wish it was adjustable and a little more bright. Anyway, when you get on a dark highway at night, the cabin is aglow and looks really cool. Just wish it were more that way in town.
Old 01-08-15, 04:23 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Kijug
I have the '14 UL and the footwell lights are on all the time on the driver and passenger. As someone said, they dim a little after the doors or closed or the engine is turned on, I don't recall exactly. Also, note there is dim light on the sides of all four doors (interior). Actually, I wish it was adjustable and a little more bright. Anyway, when you get on a dark highway at night, the cabin is aglow and looks really cool. Just wish it were more that way in town.
I live out in the country. The roads are narrow. There is no lighting on the roads, and there are no lines painted in the center or on the edges of the roads. When driving on those dark and unlit roads, any light at all from inside the cabin makes visibility of the road even more difficult than it already is, and, with deer, raccoons, and other critters frequently crossing the roads, driving can be quite stressful. To get the best visibility possible, I even dim the instrument panel lights to the point where they are almost turned off completely. So, regardless of whether foot well lights are "cool", I certainly don't want them any brighter, and I wish that there was a way to turn them off completely (without removing the bulbs).
Old 01-08-15, 04:42 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I live out in the country. The roads are narrow. There is no lighting on the roads, and there are no lines painted in the center or on the edges of the roads. When driving on those dark and unlit roads, any light at all from inside the cabin makes visibility of the road even more difficult than it already is, and, with deer, raccoons, and other critters frequently crossing the roads, driving can be quite stressful. To get the best visibility possible, I even dim the instrument panel lights to the point where they are almost turned off completely. So, regardless of whether foot well lights are "cool", I certainly don't want them any brighter, and I wish that there was a way to turn them off completely (without removing the bulbs).

i think you can turn them off using the settings functions on the instrument panel screen?

Edit: never mind, the setting I was thinking of is only ambient light setting for the instrument panel.

Last edited by mspearl95; 01-08-15 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-08-15, 10:01 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Isn't that the time to use your high beams, if no on-coming traffic?
Old 01-09-15, 06:03 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Arty101
Isn't that the time to use your high beams, if no on-coming traffic?
Yes, I definitely use the high beams, but, in the conditions I described with no street lights, no lines painted on the road, etc., regardless of whether you are using the low beams, high beams, or fog lights, any source of ambient light from within the cabin of the vehicle causes a glare on the windshield that significantly impairs the view of the road. As I said before, even the light from the instrument panel causes that glare.

Until I bought my first home out in the country almost 30 years ago, I had no idea what truly "dark" was, and I would not have imagined that it could be so dark out that, if you held your hand up in front of your face, you would not be able to see it. I also had no idea of just how much light pollution there is in urban and suburban environments and how it never gets truly dark in those environments. And driving at night out in the country is a completely different experience from driving at night in the city.
Old 02-16-18, 09:53 AM
hyeclass
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same issues with my 2015 ES300 footwell light is on all the time it doesn't turn off not sure what burn what i need to change any feedback will be great thank you
Old 02-27-18, 02:01 PM
hyeclass
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you footwell light should NOT be on when you close the door even dim something you did shorted the system
Old 02-28-18, 04:41 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by hyeclass
you footwell light should NOT be on when you close the door even dim something you did shorted the system
If the car is off, then you are correct. If it's running, they stay on.