Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 and ES300h (2013+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Splash Guards

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-13, 08:43 AM   #1
ddagg
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: OK
Posts: 1
Default Splash Guards

Where can I purchase some splash guards for my 2013 ES 300H ?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
ddagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 06:43 PM   #2
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default Splash Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddagg View Post
Where can I purchase some splash guards for my 2013 ES 300H ?
Splash/mud guards have just become available on Ebay. I ordered a set for my new 350 today.
The set fits 350/300 2013 models.
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 06:38 AM   #3
mrBillFL
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
mrBillFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 305
Default

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-LE...f67601&vxp=mtr

^ they need to be painted? anyone get a set yet?
mrBillFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 07:16 AM   #4
jollick
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
jollick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 367
Default

Just keep in mind they will alter the aerodynamics of the car and thus have a very slight impact on gas mileage.
jollick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 08:00 AM   #5
uicandrew
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: select state
Posts: 299
Default

Oh geez. Ships from china. I'll hold off until I hear from someone else on their fit.
uicandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:03 AM   #6
jcarlo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
Splash/mud guards have just become available on Ebay. I ordered a set for my new 350 today.
The set fits 350/300 2013 models.
I'm interested in these too! I was cleaning my car yesterday to find some scratches on the front passenger side because of debris from the wheels. Pls let us know how the fit is and how easy to install. Thanks!
jcarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 06:45 PM   #7
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uicandrew View Post
Oh geez. Ships from china. I'll hold off until I hear from someone else on their fit.
I'll let you all know how they fit after I get them from CHINA. When I picked my car up from the dealer I asked the parts manager if there were mud guards available. He stated that "Lexus doesn't think that mud guards would look good on their new ES 350". I stated that Lexus should let those of us who ponied up the purchase price decide what does and doesn't look good on the car. I too wish that these guards were from the factory. Unfortunately, Lexus has not seen fit to provide them. They are inexpensive - $40.00 - so I'll be a sport and try them out.
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 06:54 AM   #8
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default ES350 mud guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrBillFL View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-LE...f67601&vxp=mtr

^ they need to be painted? anyone get a set yet?
The ones for sale on Ebay are black. I'm quite sure that they can be painted, although I suspect that you would have to take them to a body shop for the correct paint color. For me, I'm good with the black. I ordered a set but have not received them yet.
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 02:54 PM   #9
mrBillFL
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
mrBillFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 305
Default

Please let me know what you think when they arrive.

I have a black car... but wonder if paint would crack / flake off on plastic parts.. if the finish is alright I'll get a set too.

FWIW, I thought the ebay side skirts looked ok, but the Front airdam no so much...
but again wonder about painting them. I think they can add pigment to the plastic so when it scratches it doesn't show....
mrBillFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-13, 08:33 AM   #10
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrBillFL View Post
Please let me know what you think when they arrive.

I have a black car... but wonder if paint would crack / flake off on plastic parts.. if the finish is alright I'll get a set too.

FWIW, I thought the ebay side skirts looked ok, but the Front airdam no so much...
but again wonder about painting them. I think they can add pigment to the plastic so when it scratches it doesn't show....
The black may be just what you need for a black car. Otherwise, this past summer I used a Rustoleum spray that adheres to anything - including plastic. I used it on PVC deck chairs and results were excellent.That would probably work for you also. I'll take photos when I get them installed and you can decide.
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 08:39 AM   #11
BikrMike
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 20
Default Splash Guards (cont'd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
The black may be just what you need for a black car. Otherwise, this past summer I used a Rustoleum spray that adheres to anything - including plastic. I used it on PVC deck chairs and results were excellent.That would probably work for you also. I'll take photos when I get them installed and you can decide.
Has anyone out there heard back on whether these splash guards are now available and if so how did they install, look, etc. ? I must confess having to buy direct from China is not comforting.

The thought of my rocker panels and bottom back fender being sandblasted by road debris is getting me antsy.
BikrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 01:17 PM   #12
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default splash guards

The weather here in Pennsylvania is just starting to break and warm up a bit. I've had the guards for about a month now but it's too cold to try and put them on. ( 3" of snow 2 days ago) My '66 Corvette and 1931 Ford occupy the garages so I'll just have to wait for a warm spell. I will take photos of the black and after I paint them the car color - Satin Cashmere. Without splash/mud guards damage is a sure bet on the paint. My '06 Avalon had factory guards that fit perfectly. Lexus still is not offering them so China was the only option at this point.

FLASH! An update today. Since it was so nice out there today, Sunday, I decided to give installing the guards a try. Well 15 minutes for both fronts. You will need a 1/4" red handle nut driver, a 10mm socket with a short extension, and a hex bit that I measured at 1/8". The 10mm socket removes the nut UNDER the car, the hex bit removes the three (3) screws on the side. The guard holes matched perfectly and it secured tightly. I used the wife's hand mirror to see the nut underneath. Very handy! I haven't decided whether I'll paint these as I think they look good in black. I did Armorall them to clean them up. Here are some photos of the passenger side installed. I did not have time to do the rear as I think the wheels must come off. I am very satisfied with the look.

Last edited by bc6152; 03-10-13 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: add additional text
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 02:49 PM   #13
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
The weather here in Pennsylvania is just starting to break and warm up a bit. I've had the guards for about a month now but it's too cold to try and put them on. ( 3" of snow 2 days ago) My '66 Corvette and 1931 Ford occupy the garages so I'll just have to wait for a warm spell. I will take photos of the black and after I paint them the car color - Satin Cashmere. Without splash/mud guards damage is a sure bet on the paint. My '06 Avalon had factory guards that fit perfectly. Lexus still is not offering them so China was the only option at this point.

FLASH! An update today. Since it was so nice out there today, Sunday, I decided to give installing the guards a try. Well 15 minutes for both fronts. You will need a 1/4" red handle nut driver, a 10mm socket with a short extension, and a hex bit that I measured at 1/8". The 10mm socket removes the nut UNDER the car, the hex bit removes the three (3) screws on the side. The guard holes matched perfectly and it secured tightly. I used the wife's hand mirror to see the nut underneath. Very handy! I haven't decided whether I'll paint these as I think they look good in black. I did Armorall them to clean them up. Here are some photos of the passenger side installed. I did not have time to do the rear as I think the wheels must come off. I am very satisfied with the look.
Well guys I tried uploading photos 5 times w/o success. Tells me I'm missing a security token. Whatever the hell that is...
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 03:01 PM   #14
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
Well guys I tried uploading photos 5 times w/o success. Tells me I'm missing a security token. Whatever the hell that is...
I'll try once more... No success at uploading the pictures. I can email them but not attach them to a post. I give up...

Last edited by bc6152; 03-10-13 at 03:09 PM..
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 05:47 PM   #15
bc6152
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
bc6152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: pa
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6152 View Post
I'll try once more... No success at uploading the pictures. I can email them but not attach them to a post. I give up...
Try #6 for the photos
Attached Images
   
bc6152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 05:47 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2012, 2013, 350, dragging, es, es350, flaps, gs430, guard, guards, hs, install, lexus, mud, rear, splash, tire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2