ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2013 ES350, 10 Scheduled maintenances for 5 years , prepaid offer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-13, 04:09 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^those seem like reasonable rates to me...
Old 01-07-13, 10:13 AM
Xpcgamer
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid 800 bucks for 4 years scheduled maint.
Old 01-07-13, 03:21 PM
es300h
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please share your dealers details, I would like to buy that
Old 01-07-13, 04:13 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a service policy and am going to cancel it. The dealer assured my I would save 30%, but I find no savings based on the pricing I received from their service department.

In readng the Warranty and Services guide, I discovered that the first two services (at 5k and 10k) are complimentary. The first 'paid service is not due until 18 months or 15k miles.

Last edited by ElliotB; 01-07-13 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-07-13, 11:49 PM
usa123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ElliotB
I bought a service policy and am going to cancel it. The dealer assured my I would save 30%, but I find no savings based on the pricing I received from their service department.

In reaidng the Warranty and Services guide, I discovered that the first two services (at 5k and 10k) are complimentary. The first 'paid service is not due until 18 months or 15k miles.
>> How much did you pay ..? and What are the costs of dealer services from 2nd year to 5th year..
Old 01-07-13, 11:57 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid over $1100 for 4 years - they discount it from their 'regular' price of $1600. Synthetic oil changers from local Lexus dealers run about $130 (one every 10k miles). There is a major service at 30k that is about $500.

What makes it worse is that there was no mention of the 1st two services being complimentary. And the plan was not for 4 additional years, it was just the 1st 4 years, so the plan was really just for 3 years.

Last edited by ElliotB; 01-08-13 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-12-13, 08:59 PM
UTAS
Driver

I was offered a 4 year / 50k mile service agreement for $550 on our ES300h, and negotiated the cost down to half that amount. Pretty good deal I thought, but they said it was a great bargain. Dealership: Lexus of Naperville, IL.

Had a similar service agreement for our '10 RX450h, which we still own; believe it was $650 in 2009 for 6 year / 70k mile, which really paid off so far.

If you can get the initial cost down, the break even point is about 3 years.
Old 01-12-13, 10:01 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Do you think it is still negotiable/purchasable even now after the purchase of the vehicle? I know that extended warranties can be purchased as long as the original warranty is in effect.

I got mine from Naperville and I rejected all ideas of the warranty because I was told that the warranty and "protection" plans is where they make a ton of profit.
Old 01-13-13, 12:48 PM
Xpcgamer
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uicandrew
Do you think it is still negotiable/purchasable even now after the purchase of the vehicle? I know that extended warranties can be purchased as long as the original warranty is in effect.

I got mine from Naperville and I rejected all ideas of the warranty because I was told that the warranty and "protection" plans is where they make a ton of profit.
I guess you can if you wanted to pay cash for it. I doubt you can go in and have them try and work into payments.
Old 01-13-13, 08:10 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UTAS
I was offered a 4 year / 50k mile service agreement for $550 on our ES300h, and negotiated the cost down to half that amount. Pretty good deal I thought, but they said it was a great bargain. Dealership: Lexus of Naperville, IL.

Had a similar service agreement for our '10 RX450h, which we still own; believe it was $650 in 2009 for 6 year / 70k mile, which really paid off so far.

If you can get the initial cost down, the break even point is about 3 years.
That's the price of two synthetic oil changes and a 15k service check. Wow, I'm wondering if they'll offer that in Calif? Probably not with labor charges of $100/hr. Also are the service agreements honored nationally? Maybe I can purchase it by Internet or phone in IL and use it here.
Old 01-13-13, 08:13 PM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Arty101
That's the price of two synthetic oil changes and a 15k service check. Wow, I'm wondering if they'll offer that in Calif? Probably not with labor charges of $100/hr. Also are the service agreements honored nationally? Maybe I can purchase it by Internet or phone in IL and use it here.
i don't think so. the finance guy tried to get me to buy a service package at the naperville dealership and then the saleperson came over and said "oh, he doesn't live around here" and the finance guy stopped trying to sell it to me.

extended warranty would be honored, but not service warranty, i believe.
Old 01-13-13, 08:27 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Darn. That would have been the bomb, especially at one third the cost of it here.
Old 01-14-13, 07:35 AM
NCHybrid
Driver School Candidate

The finance guy at our dealer wanted $1800+ for a five year plan. I was told this is 40% off current prices and will protect me from inflation...... hmmm....I haven't checked the cost of the major and minor services yet but I am not thinking this is much of a deal especially seeing some of the offers others got. I passed.
Old 01-14-13, 08:33 AM
UTAS
Driver

Wink

Originally Posted by uicandrew
i don't think so. the finance guy tried to get me to buy a service package at the naperville dealership and then the saleperson came over and said "oh, he doesn't live around here" and the finance guy stopped trying to sell it to me.

extended warranty would be honored, but not service warranty, i believe.
That is correct, Uicandrew: These "deals" (if we can call them deals) that I have only apply to Lexus of Naperville - they are six miles away, and I plan to stay around here for another five years or so. I believe the same goes for all other dealerships, which would make sense, since they are perhaps counting on people not using the chitties for the prepaid service deals.

Related thought: Try to bargain / negotiate the service deals (or any kind of purchase-related items) before signing the purchase agreement - the sales manager will roll the reduced service cost into the purchase price (top item), but the going rate will show as a "finance" item below, which is another entity, so finance doesn't know the actual price paid. The sales staff are well-trained and sometimes border on dubious sheisters - you have to be on the ball and actually read before you sign. If what you want is not there, start walking - I've been called back a few times, after threatening to walk, when suddenly my request was okay. You beat them up, they beat you up. That's the way.
Old 01-14-13, 09:16 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

We purchased a 300h December 31 and was pitched the prepaid maintenance plan. After researching, I specifically asked the question about the start of the plan and the term, as both the Lexus website and the brochure I was given said “Lexus Luxury Care service intervals begin after the complementary service under the Lexus warranty.” As mentioned above, the first two services are complementary. For example, I was looking at the 5 year/50,000 mile plan that included 9 services (one every 5,000 miles or 6 months). While I was sitting in front of the finance guy, he called Lexus, specifically asked and was told 1) that the 5 year/50,000 plan (or any plan for that matter) starts at the time of the second complementary service, and 2) that including the complementary services the car would have 11 total services (through the 55k service) before the expiration of the plan.

I ended up purchasing the plan as 1) My wife keeps a car 6-8 years and the service covers through the 55k service, 2) price was approximately a 10-15% discount over current prices, plus price increases are avoided, 3) the purchase was rolled into financing so essentially we are not paying up front but over a 5 yr period, 4) the dealer’s policy is to include balancing the tires at each service and while not included in the prescribed services I want it done as a preventive measure and 5) the plan is transferable if I sell the car.

After seeing all the negative comments here I assumed there was something I was missing. I called Lexus Financial myself this morning and they looked up our specific contract and confirmed that the service intervals and the mileage begin after the second complementary service which will include 11 total services. Also, I was told that while the 5 year term starts at the purchase date, Lexus Financial allows an additional two years in which to fulfill the 9 purchased services, and I was given 12/31/19 as the contract expiration date (that obviously brings up the question of why the 5 yr term if they give you 7 yrs to fulfill the services). At any rate, after speaking with Lexus Financial customer service, I believe that we will keep the plan.

Quick Reply: 2013 ES350, 10 Scheduled maintenances for 5 years , prepaid offer