ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Care for Parchment

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-14, 10:10 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have parchment interior too, and the mats get dirty too easily. I got black all season floor mats from the dealer. They fit perfectly, good for muddy or wet shoes, and best of all, will not show dirt or can be cleaned fairly easy. Perfect for families with messy passengers .
Old 01-11-14, 06:17 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,231 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
303 Aerospace is too shiny for me...

This is a product I used extensively when I had my parchment interior ES:

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-shampoo.html

They make an awesome interior treatment too that goes on like a paint sealant, no gloss which is what I like:

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-guard-4.html

You can use both on everything, leather, vinyl, etc. The shampoo does a great job removing dye transfer from the seats too.
I purchased and used both of these products per your recommendation, and found that they work exactly as promised. I initially used the interior shampoo gel to remove blue jean dye transfer, but found that the interior gel can be used for just about any marks inside. The interior guard is a barrier. Great products!
Old 01-11-14, 07:51 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MissyBissy
Just found this - the parchment interior on my 2014 300h is going to drive me insane. I am wiping it down every day. My daughter had her feet on the ceiling yesterday. Not sure why she would do that but I made her wipe out the scuff marks. The floor mats are a constant battle. Is there anything I can do to win the battle of the floormats?
Take out your beige mats and buy black OEM carpeted mats at your Lexus dealer's parts dept. I bought them within two days of taking delivery of the car knowing the carpets would readily become dirty. The $99 is well spent, looks great and are still luxurious. They are easy to keep clean with occasional vacuuming or brushing or with a wet/moist washcloth.

If you live in a harsh environment area, others have suggested WeatherTech all climate molded plastic mats, or the equivalent custom cut mats. They are not luxurious but can easily be hosed off.

Unfortunately the Lexus ES parchment interiors do not come with black carpeting. (Carmel or saddle interiors on the CT models do come with black carpeting.) The black mats IMHO are a reasonable alternative.

Last edited by Canesguy; 01-11-14 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-11-14, 08:35 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Take out your beige mats and buy black OEM carpeted mats at your Lexus dealer's parts dept.
If you live in a harsh environment area, others have suggested WeatherTech all climate molded plastic mats, or the equivalent custom cut mats. They are not luxurious but can easily be hosed off.
Putting dirt aside, what I don't like about the carpeted mats, regardless of color, is that it doesn't take long for them to start to show wear. Within weeks, they start, especially, to show wear around where the heel rests near the accelerator pedal.

The route that I chose was the Weathertech all-weather mats. They seemed to me like a nice compromise between carpeted mats and the Weathertech liners. I don't particularly like the look of the liners. To me, they have too much of a cheap plastic look. The all-weather mats, to me, look much nicer. They wear well. They do a good job of keeping most dirt off of the carpets, and they clean up very easily. They also fit perfectly. I also have a set of their all-weather mats for my GX, and they fit equally as well as the ones that I have for the ES.

I chose to get them in the tan color. It is a bit darker than the Lexus parchment color, and I think it complements the interior colors of the vehicle quite well. Being darker than the color of the carpet in the vehicle, they don't show dirt as much as the parchment color. But I could see getting their black color all-weather mats as also being a viable option.
Old 01-11-14, 11:04 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Putting dirt aside, what I don't like about the carpeted mats, regardless of color, is that it doesn't take long for them to start to show wear. Within weeks, they start, especially, to show wear around where the heel rests near the accelerator pedal.
Have had the wear problem with a good quality carpeted mat. Maybe I'm not as hard on them as others plus I do not live in a harsh climate. Anyway, I would trade the utility for the plushness of carpet in a Lexus sedan. In an SUV I might feel differently.
Old 01-13-14, 11:32 AM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I live in San Diego so we get a total of 8 inches of rain a year. I'm not sure I would like the look of black floor mats in the car, but I also don't think I would like the feel of the liners. Is black the only option from Lexus?
Old 01-13-14, 11:37 AM
MissyBissy
Rookie

Would it make more sense to just scotch guard the heck out of them, hope for the best and buy an extra set when they can't be cleaned anymore?
Old 01-13-14, 11:47 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

I think the Lexus mats come only in black. That said, the black mats do coordinate with the black trim of the ES. You can also buy WeatherTech mats that come in different colors including parchment.
Old 01-13-14, 11:53 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

I got extra gray mats for my GS, and sprayed Scotch Guard, but they still got dirty and ratty with wear and water. YMMV.
Old 01-13-14, 01:43 PM
MissyBissy
Rookie

I've considered wrapping the kids in plastic wrap - Dexter style. Or I could channel my Asian roots and make them take their shoes off in the car
Old 01-13-14, 01:55 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I've considered wrapping the kids in plastic wrap - Dexter style. Or I could channel my Asian roots and make them take their shoes off in the car
That also reminds of Everybody Loves Raymond. His mom had the couch covered with a clear plastic cover.

Personally, I like the contrast of black/charcoal mats with the parchment/tan interior. I think it gives a nice contrast to all of the tan carpet, leather trim etc.
Old 01-13-14, 02:18 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
That also reminds of Everybody Loves Raymond. His mom had the couch covered with a clear plastic cover.

Personally, I like the contrast of black/charcoal mats with the parchment/tan interior. I think it gives a nice contrast to all of the tan carpet, leather trim etc.
I like the contrast as well.
Pics of Arty's Lexus mats and my Weathertech liners here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...or-mats-2.html
Old 01-13-14, 04:06 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

I'd do both - wrap them up in plastic and make them take their shoes off
Old 01-13-14, 04:08 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2

That's the Asian roots in his mom - everything covered in plastic.
Old 01-13-14, 04:20 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Arty101
I'd do both - wrap them up in plastic and make them take their shoes off
To eliminate shedding, I keep asking the vet to laminate my golden retriever, but he won't do it.

Quick Reply: Care for Parchment