Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

ES300h - Best dealer to buy in Socal

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-12, 11:40 AM
nitroeh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES300h - Best dealer to buy in Socal

I am planning to go ES300h hunting this weekend. I'm located in San Diego. Which Lexus dealer have the best deal and service.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Old 10-19-12, 03:06 PM
nitroeh
Driver School Candidate

JerryKK,
If you don't mind, how much did you get yours for?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-12, 08:44 AM
skydriver
Driver School Candidate

I suggest you do your shopping via the internet while watching some football from your couch. I got quotes in all the replies from my email inquiries when I did that in Sept to buy our 2013 ES350. Also I had good luck calling and getting quotes. My two best quotes were from South Bay Lexus and Keyes Lexus. Test drive an ES300h at your local Lexus Dealer and get a quote if you like to use as a baseline. Once you get your best quote use that to barter with local dealer. Don't be under the illusion that you have to buy from your dealer to get excellent service there. You'll get great service at most Lexus Dealers that's just what they do. Heck my local Nissan dealer has excellent service also. Remember Patience is a virtue. Good luck. Report back.
Old 10-21-12, 01:25 PM
JerryKK
Driver

I totally agree with Skydriver. And just because I got a great deal from a dealership it doesn't mean the next person will. A lot of it is timing - do they have the car sitting on their lot - can they trade easily with another dealer to get your car - what time of the month or quarter is it, etc. That is why you can't call up a dealer and say "I know someone who bought a car from you for $------- I would like the same price. It doesn't work that way.
Old 10-21-12, 09:02 PM
nitroeh
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback guys. The color scheme (silver/black) I'm looking for seems to be very popular. All dealerships within a 500 mile radius (according to a couple dealers) where I live don't have that color scheme. There are a few coming in at the end of the month but the dealerships are asking for MSRP. I have until mid Nov to find one so I'll keep searching.

Again thanks...I will ya updated.
Old 10-28-12, 07:39 PM
Tedster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nitroeh
I am planning to go ES300h hunting this weekend. I'm located in San Diego. Which Lexus dealer have the best deal and service.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

I originally started with an autobroker that I trusted, but his team mixed up the pricing between the 350and 300h. The final out the door price was higher than the "Truecar" website and the broker said it was with a dealer in Orange County and that San Diego dealers couldn't beat his price. I decided to check for myself and requested bids on Edmund's website. Lexus of Escondido beat all of them and was below the average paid on Truecar. I was happy with the purchase from dealership. Of course 300h's are in demand right now because they are only $2.7K highter than the 350s. Most people figure its a no brainer to go with the hybrid. Lexus is ramping up production, but expect a shortage in the interim.