Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Which trim level es300h do dealers mostly have on the lot &how to see their inventory

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-12, 07:52 PM
minghi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which trim level es300h do dealers mostly have on the lot &how to see their inventory

Hi, I'm thinking of doing a carwoo request for a '13 es300h. Before that, I would like to know what the dealers in Central NJ stock (which option is the most common). I want to request a UL pkg but don't want to do a special order since they would incentive cars on the lot more than a special order. The only reason I want the UL pkg is the Mark Levison audio. Is there any way to get it on another trim level by any chance?

also, I went to a few lexus dealers websites but they don't have a drop down tool to search new inventory. Is this standard with lexus dealers? thanks.
Old 10-15-12, 05:18 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by minghi
Hi, I'm thinking of doing a carwoo request for a '13 es300h. Before that, I would like to know what the dealers in Central NJ stock (which option is the most common). I want to request a UL pkg but don't want to do a special order since they would incentive cars on the lot more than a special order. The only reason I want the UL pkg is the Mark Levison audio. Is there any way to get it on another trim level by any chance?

also, I went to a few lexus dealers websites but they don't have a drop down tool to search new inventory. Is this standard with lexus dealers? thanks.
Probably impossible to find a ES300h or ES350 with ML without the UL option in the northeast Atlantic region allotments.Maybe the whole US
If you go on the Lexus site and build a ES300,you'll see the only way you get ML is with the UL pkg..

For whatever reason,most Lexus dealer sites do not list their new inventory.I find that annoying too.
You can go on autotrader.com and cars.com and get some new inventory listings from local dealers or all dealers.

Last edited by Joeb427; 10-15-12 at 05:31 AM.
Old 10-15-12, 01:58 PM
minghi
Driver School Candidate

just as i suspected, thanks Joe
Old 10-15-12, 05:19 PM
jetman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus is notoriously bad about listing new inventory on the dealers' web sites. Must be a corporate thing. Very annoying.

I've also yet to see an ES with the UL package here in Buffalo. I probably would have gotten it if I had the chance, but it seems that all the ES's coming in are equipped pretty similarly (no UL).
Old 10-16-12, 06:24 AM
minghi
Driver School Candidate

last night, i stopped by a dealership here to test drive the es300h. the sales lady said the hybrid does not come with UL pkg, when I questioned her again if she was really sure, she said the system won't allow her to do so. I suspect they wanted to get rid of the ones on the lot. I asked how many base models she had and its 6, so there's really no incentive for her to order a fully equipped model with lesser or similar margin's on the base model. she did agree that their price was 450+invoice (of course, the invoice was a super secret) if i went through the costco program. I then mentioned carwoo and she sounded like she had never before heard about it. Sure enough, when I requested a carwoo quote on their website, this dealership wasn't listed at all. I suspect these aren't selling as much as they thought it would because most people who have 40k to burn on a luxury car couldn't care less about the mpg. For me, this would be the perfect car (a blend of luxury with great gas mileage when I need it (in eco mode))
Old 10-16-12, 02:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Actually the ESh is selling very well...much easier to get a deal on the 350 than the 300h.

Doesn't surprise me she had never heard about "Carwoo" I had never heard of that until now...