Custom Order Time Frame 300H

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-12, 02:56 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Order Time Frame 300H

Hello All,

I placed a custom order for the new ES 300H on 9/10 with all the options. The sales person told me to expect 3-4 month wait time, but looking on this forum, it seems some people are getting them quicker.

So for those of you who have custom orders, when did you place it and when did you receive it/or expecting to receive it.

Thanks!!
Old 09-25-12, 07:53 AM
gfr1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Creid
Hello All,

I placed a custom order for the new ES 300H on 9/10 with all the options. The sales person told me to expect 3-4 month wait time, but looking on this forum, it seems some people are getting them quicker.

So for those of you who have custom orders, when did you place it and when did you receive it/or expecting to receive it.

Thanks!!
My Special order for the ES300h might not be typical, for I ordered it before much was known, such as pricing. I ordered 07/23/12. The sales person said that they had to wait for information, such as pricing, but I think that the order might have been proceeding through the system and the wait might have referred to my waiting for the pricing and order confirmation. I received the pricing on 08/01/12, with an expected delivery date of early to mid September. I received a call yesterday, saying that it should arrive at the dealer between 24 & 28 Sept. That was yesterday through Friday of this week. Assuming that it does arrive, that is nine to 10 weeks. Of course, I'd guess that I got in before the rush, by ordering early.
Old 09-26-12, 02:07 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your response.

I ordered my car on 9/10, but was told by the ordering manager, that Lexus only accepts orders from all dealerships on the 20th of every month. So if that holds true, then my car order was actually submitted to Lexus (Japan) on 9/20(not sure how true this is), so im probably looking at at least late Nov till sometime in December hopefully!!

I ordered a ES 300h with Ultra Lux package, also with Lane assist/Dynamic cruise control.
Old 09-26-12, 05:14 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

I ordered my ES300h UL fully loaded, minus the ashtray cup, body side moldings, clear film on hood, glass break sensor, and remote starter, and was told 1 to 4 months. :-(
Old 09-27-12, 05:33 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

3-4 months is the standard Toyota/Lexus wait for a custom ordered car. Faster will mean that the dealer located an inbound unit that might have been routed to a different dealer and swapped them for it.
Old 10-05-12, 02:13 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Please post when you finally have received your car that you ordered. Especially those of you who have ordered a car in the August/September time frame!
Old 10-08-12, 03:35 PM
jandkw
Driver School Candidate

Creid, I'm curious, do you pay MSRP for you customer order?
Old 10-09-12, 01:50 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

I did pay MSRP for my car. I honestly trying to get my car ordered before the dealers ordering deadline for the month. I did get more for my trade than expected, so I guess that is a good thing!

Hoping they call me soon to tell me my car has been built. I ordered the car on Sept 10th, and the Dealer placed order on Sept 19, supposedly the 20th is the deadline for each month.
Old 10-10-12, 05:07 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered a 300H the beginning of September. The salesman called me yesterday and informed me he expects it to be available sometime in November. He originally told me late December of early January.
Old 10-11-12, 05:17 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ElliotB
I ordered a 300H the beginning of September. The salesman called me yesterday and informed me he expects it to be available sometime in November. He originally told me late December of early January.
I ordered my 300h at the end of August. My dealership told me today that my order was eligible for the pull ahead program. Which means my car could be built in October...fingers-crossed.
Old 10-12-12, 02:34 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

That's awesome Elliot, I ordered my car around the time you ordered yours (Sept 8th to be exact), although my dealer stated that the orders are not actually submitted by lexus dealerships till the 20th of every month. So technically my car was ordered on the 20th of Sept.

And to Kenny, I have never heard of the pull ahead program, what exactly is that?

Thanks!
Old 10-12-12, 05:11 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

I ordered mine on September 22 after waiting to see if one with the options I want would be available to swap with another dealer. I spoke with the dealer on Wednesday 10/101012 and he told me he may have the Lexus invoice in 10 days. Not sure where that puts it in the assembly process but at least it is something.

Last edited by jollick; 10-12-12 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-12-12, 06:01 AM
Creid
Driver School Candidate

Nice.... I just sent my sales person an email, asking on the status.... Hopefully he responds soon!!!
Old 10-12-12, 04:51 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Creid
That's awesome Elliot, I ordered my car around the time you ordered yours (Sept 8th to be exact), although my dealer stated that the orders are not actually submitted by lexus dealerships till the 20th of every month. So technically my car was ordered on the 20th of Sept.

And to Kenny, I have never heard of the pull ahead program, what exactly is that?

Thanks!
Well, I don't quite know what it means either. But the dealer showed me the email sent to him by a Lexus Southern Area Vehicle Services Analyst that processes and tracks special orders. So, again fingers-crossed that it gets built in October instead of November.
Old 10-12-12, 05:35 PM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"orders are not actually submitted by Lexus dealerships till the 20th"

Where did you hear this from?

Quick Reply: Custom Order Time Frame 300H