Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Fire Agate Pearl ES300h with UL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 09:45 AM
kesando
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fire Agate Pearl ES300h with UL!

Hey guys, Just got back from visting my folks in Georgia and figured I share some pics of their new ride. One thing about my parents is that they always take my advice seriously when shopping for anything new that's mechanical or technical. After the engine went on their 1994 Chrysler LHS, they were left with a 2009 GMC Sierra Denali as their only Vehicle. As much as my father loves that truck, 13-19 MPG (premium) was a bit much for longer trips. My father wanted a mid to larger sized car with great gas mileage for my mom to use. I had all but convinced them to consider the the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid until I we saw the new Lexus ES at the NY Auto Show (they were visiting NY at the time).

The car they ended up with was this:

The car is UL with all options except for the Lane Depature, and PCS/Radar Cruise systems which seems to be special order over in Georgia. They also added the full clear car bra on the bumper, hood, fender as well as the pockets for the door handles. Car also has side moulding, First aid kit, and the rear bumper lexus emblem will be added this week.

Last edited by kesando; 09-18-12 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-18-12, 09:53 AM
kesando
Rookie

More Pics:

Clear Bra on hood:

Interior:

Old 09-18-12, 09:56 AM
sphereman
Pole Position

awesome looking car!
best ES ever!
Old 09-18-12, 12:49 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that is a nice colour too..just wondering are the interior ALL LEDs?
Old 09-18-12, 02:45 PM
steig
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice car, no UL's or Mark L's here in Pa as of yet.
Old 09-18-12, 04:14 PM
skydriver
Driver School Candidate

Outstanding car. Nice pictures.
Old 09-18-12, 05:13 PM
jetman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. I always loved the look of a light interior, but I've always been afraid of getting one because I'm worried about getting impossible to remove blue jean stains on the leather.

Great pics. I'm sure your folks will love the car!
Old 09-18-12, 06:23 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I likey. I can't wait for mine to arrive. It's also a hybrid but with ALL options...special order. It should arrive around the first of December. Where did you get the Clear Bra installed?
Old 09-18-12, 07:09 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful!
Old 09-19-12, 06:20 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice! thx for sharing
Old 09-19-12, 01:49 PM
kesando
Rookie

Originally Posted by imherenow
that is a nice colour too..just wondering are the interior ALL LEDs?
Not sure. I will post back when I find out.
Old 09-19-12, 01:59 PM
kesando
Rookie

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
I likey. I can't wait for mine to arrive. It's also a hybrid but with ALL options...special order. It should arrive around the first of December. Where did you get the Clear Bra installed?
The Clear bra was installed at the dealer before the car was picked up. They have a guy that comes to the dealer just install clear bra's on various lexus models. This was the first new ES that was done at thast dealership.

Must be sweet to have all the options. The one option that would have been nice to have is the auto high beam headlights. This is a great feature for neighboorhoods such as my parents where there are dark winding roads and wild deer. Too bad it is coupled with the radar cruise control option which along with the lane departure feature, they had no interest in.

I look forward to seeing your new ride!
Old 09-19-12, 04:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Nice!

I love the Fire Agate. I was concerned it would look too much like the Black Garnet 2003 ES I had, but its actually browner than you'd think. Very sharp.
Old 09-19-12, 05:27 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Nice color.

A lot of manufacturers are offering these different brown-ish metallic colors now. I saw a report that some people are calling them super browns.
Old 09-19-12, 05:39 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by kesando
The Clear bra was installed at the dealer before the car was picked up. They have a guy that comes to the dealer just install clear bra's on various lexus models. This was the first new ES that was done at thast dealership.

Must be sweet to have all the options. The one option that would have been nice to have is the auto high beam headlights. This is a great feature for neighboorhoods such as my parents where there are dark winding roads and wild deer. Too bad it is coupled with the radar cruise control option which along with the lane departure feature, they had no interest in.

I look forward to seeing your new ride!
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Now, I will most definitely get the Clear Bra from the dealership. I do a tremendous amount of highway travel. My current 2011 ES 350 has nearly 50,000 miles. I will post pics of the 2013...first with stock wheels, then with aftermarkets wheels

Fire Agate Pearl ES300h with UL!-lexus-es350-with-chrome-wheels-002.jpg

Quick Reply: Fire Agate Pearl ES300h with UL!