Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Bought a ES300h today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-12, 06:25 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Bought a ES300h on 8/14/12...better pics added

Traded my '11 HS250h. This one sure is sweet; twice the power of the HS, twice as quiet, much smoother ride, and LOTS more room inside.

Stats:

Nebula Gray, Nav, Perf Leather, Luxury pkg, Blind Spot Monitor, HIDs, Rear Sunshade, Park assist, Leather shift ****, Bamboo & Leather steering wheel, Rain-Sensing Wipers with Deicer, and Accessory pkg.

[Uploaded some better pics on 8/18/12.]
Attached Thumbnails Bought a ES300h today...-es300h-back-1.jpg   Bought a ES300h today...-es300h-back-2.jpg   Bought a ES300h today...-es300h-front-3.jpg   Bought a ES300h today...-es300h-interior-2.jpg   Bought a ES300h today...-es300h-front-2.jpg  

Last edited by winsalem; 08-18-12 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-14-12, 06:26 PM
7 SEVEN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the 13 ES club. I picked mine up last Friday! Enjoy!
Old 08-14-12, 11:47 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, congrtas to you, very sharp looking. Love the wheels and the interior is the the bomb, what kind of deal did you get??
Old 08-15-12, 03:55 AM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Black is definitely the best interior color IMO.

Enjoy!
Old 08-17-12, 02:01 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexPaul
Wow, congrtas to you, very sharp looking. Love the wheels and the interior is the the bomb, what kind of deal did you get??
Well if you do the math, I paid sticker price...whether you calculate retail-to-retail or wholesale-to-wholesale. I paid a little over $46k for my loaded 2011 HS250h one year ago; the dealer allowed me $30k on the trade-in for the ES. The HS was perfect, and had less than 5k miles, but was technically 2 years old. And as most people know, the HS model has been retired, and thus is an albatross that I chose to trade-in before it lost even more value. I just wrote a check for the difference; maybe I could have gotten a better deal, but (a) it's a brand new model, (b) the dealer only had 2 of these, (c) this was the only ES with leather & nav, and (d) I don't have time to haggle over prices -- or try to sell a car myself.

I'm hoping the ES will depreciate less than the sad little HS did (and will continue to do). In the real world out there, if the public is not seeing an HS in advertising, they're even less likely to buy one on the used lot. Most people have never even seen one on the road; I know becuz I was asked constantly what the **** I was driving.

Long-winded answer to a simple question...sorry.
Old 08-17-12, 06:56 PM
gfr1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off hand, I'd say you did well and I certainly agree with your thinking.
Old 08-18-12, 02:34 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like you made a good choice. Congrats!
Old 08-18-12, 06:55 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I love that black interior! Congrats on the new ES.
Old 08-19-12, 08:05 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nice colour choices as well..i really like the outside colour. You should also take some interior pics BUT @ night. I like how Lexus finally removed the "lexus" emblem. I think just the "L" logo says it all. Plus its a cost saver in some way.
Old 08-20-12, 05:33 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

are you getting the as advertised 40/39 mpg?
Old 08-20-12, 10:02 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by imherenow
nice colour choices as well..i really like the outside colour. You should also take some interior pics BUT @ night. I like how Lexus finally removed the "lexus" emblem. I think just the "L" logo says it all. Plus its a cost saver in some way.
I actually can't get used to the way the cars look without the "lexus" emblem...looks unbalanced to me, like the emblem is missing...
Old 08-21-12, 08:27 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Default Great Mileage after 6 days -- City driving only

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
are you getting the as advertised 40/39 mpg?
I have driven about 150 miles since I bought the car 6 days ago...all in town.

The first two days I really punched the accelerator, just to see what power this baby has. Mileage average on the dash read 36 mpg.

As of last Friday, I began driving carefully, soft-pedaling everything. Did not change any settings, didn't set it to "ECO" mode, just left it in normal. Dash shows 41.1 mpg -- which is pretty amazing. I admit that just out of habit I always consciously coast when I can, because I know the payoff will come when I check the mileage. After owning a Camry Hybrid, a Prius, and the HS250, you just do as much free-wheeling as you can get away with -- second nature.

As I learned with my HS250, it's better not to keep the mpg readout visible; it's distracting and, if you're like me, it becomes a challenge to see how high I can get the mileage to go. Like a video game. And that can be dangerous; I need to pay attention to traffic, not a tiny gauge on the dash. It's much more enjoyable to leave the mpg hidden from view, just drive normally but with a light touch on the pedals. And then check once in awhile to see how you're doing. When I saw the 41.1 tonight, I was SUPER pleased.

As is often said in the car mags and in Club Lexus Forums, your mileage may vary.

p.s. Just took a pic of MPG gauge this morning 8/22; sorry it's so fuzzy, but now showing 41.5 mpg
Attached Thumbnails Bought a ES300h today...-mpg-08-22-12.jpg  

Last edited by winsalem; 08-22-12 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-21-12, 08:38 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I actually can't get used to the way the cars look without the "lexus" emblem...looks unbalanced to me, like the emblem is missing...
I noticed the "Lexus" badge missing on my HS...and I like it; it's a classy move. After all, you don't see "Rolls-Royce" emblazoned on the back of their cars; it's just on the radiator emblem in small letters. Even Hyundai has stopped printing their name on cars...just their distinctive "H".

I guess I don't care if people know what brand I'm driving. If they recog the L, then they're observant and smart.
Old 08-22-12, 05:55 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

could you confirm the mpg with actual gallons filled with miles traveled as well. But from my IS350 mpg meter I found it to be accurate with actual gallons filled and miles travelled. So I would expect this to be the same as well. Very impressive, probably the first hybrid I was really interested in.
Old 08-22-12, 06:00 AM
Snazzy
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations that car is beautiful!

Quick Reply: Bought a ES300h today...