ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 02:44 PM
Neoxagon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
Thanks..wish I could say it was due to my great skills in negotiating, but not really. However, it did help that a local paper highlighted the ES 350 as a car you could get a good deal on in March due to incentives both to end buyer and dealer.

The US dollar and Canadian dollar fluctuate a lot relative to each other, and right now the Canadian $ has weakened a lot, but car prices (MRSP etc) have not yet moved in relation to the currency changing. A few years ago some Canadians would buy cars in the US as the deals were better, but now that trend has reversed.

In any case, I am delighted with the new purchase and it is my first Lexus. Matador red with parchment interior.
$33k for a new 2015 ES350? We should all go across the border and buy cars and drive them back home!
Old 03-30-15, 03:01 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Neoxagon
$33k for a new 2015 ES350? We should all go across the border and buy cars and drive them back home!
I guess you could, but I am sure it is more complicated than it sounds. You would end up with a car with a metric speedometer and odometer, and no warranty in the USA.

Years ago when Canadians were flocking to the US to buy cars cheaper, the manufacturers cracked down. No warranty at all was the big stick the manufacturers used. Some dealers were threatened with losing their franchise if they sold new out of country (but lightly used, that was a different story). OEM manufacturers hate their dealers selling outside of country to the detriment of another marketplace.

Also, you had to change some things to meet regulations in each country. I don't think many in the US would like their odometer to read 100,000 km instead of 62,000 miles, as an example.

The other thing of course is I earn my income in Canadian $, not US, so for me it does not really matter
Old 03-30-15, 05:52 PM
aznplayboy
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,

I received a drive out price today at $42K for a 2015 ES 350 with LP. MSRP: $44,265 with Dealer Options already on the car $1,485 = Retail Price $45,750. Dealer Options comes with Invisible Shield, window tint and painted pin strips. With TTL it came out to be $43,100, negotiated down to $42K even drive out....is this a good deal or could done better? I have until tomorrow (month end special) to get this deal done.
Old 03-30-15, 09:22 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aznplayboy
Hello all,

I received a drive out price today at $42K for a 2015 ES 350 with LP. MSRP: $44,265 with Dealer Options already on the car $1,485 = Retail Price $45,750. Dealer Options comes with Invisible Shield, window tint and painted pin strips. With TTL it came out to be $43,100, negotiated down to $42K even drive out....is this a good deal or could done better? I have until tomorrow (month end special) to get this deal done.
If you could get it for $33K out the door, then you made a great deal like our Canuk friend.
Old 03-30-15, 09:25 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Actually, I think people in TX are getting at least 10% off MSRP, plus TL. If that is close to your deal, I'd be happy.
Old 03-31-15, 04:08 AM
aznplayboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Arty101
If you could get it for $33K out the door, then you made a great deal like our Canuk friend.
lol, there's no way in hell I can pull that off, they'll just tell me to GTFO! I believe I got about 12% off MSRP plus dealers options for FREE. Pulling the trigger today, thanks!
Old 03-31-15, 07:49 AM
drjamielee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Neoxagon
You got $36k for a trade-in? What model & year?
It was 2011 Infiniti QX56 with 62,000miles.
Old 03-31-15, 11:19 AM
nmbenz
Driver School Candidate

Default New ES350 Owner

I am now an ES 350 owner. Got end of month deal this morning for 11.5% off MSRP.

HARD DISK DRIVE NAVIGATION SYSTEM W/BACKUP
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
RAIN SENSING WIPERS W/DEICER
3 SPOKE LEATHER & BAMBOO STEERING WHEEL
HEATED/COOLED SEATS
PREFERRED ACCESSORY PACKAGE (Z2)
Asking Price: 42,530. Sale Price 38,030 +TTL.

Trade in of MB C300 was done at Car Max right after the deal because CM offered $1000 more than dealer. Somebody from this Forum recommended doing that! Thanks for all the info.
Old 03-31-15, 11:38 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by nmbenz
I am now an ES 350 owner. Got end of month deal this morning for 11.5% off MSRP.

INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
HEATED/COOLED SEATS

Trade in of MB C300 was done at Car Max right after the deal because CM offered $1000 more than dealer. Somebody from this Forum recommended doing that! Thanks for all the info.
Congratulations and welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 03-31-15, 11:43 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by nmbenz

INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
HEATED/COOLED SEATS

Congrats and welcome!

In IL they charge you tax only on the difference between the trade and new car purchase price. Is that not the case where you're from?
Old 03-31-15, 08:15 PM
cstone3636
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Alright everyone, I bought a 2014 ES 350 Ultra with Levinson package with about every option today after doing weeks of research and going back and forth between the 2015 Hyundai Genesis and the 2015 and 2014 Lexus ES 350. I'll talk about that issue in the Genesis forum later on but I thank everyone who posted their numbers on here as it helped me work the negotiation process. Car stickered at $50,017 and I got it for $41,817 at a Lexus dealership in Minneapolis.

I am flying from Ohio tomorrow to go pick it up and let me tell you guys and gals the customer service displayed by the salesman and sales manager at this dealership was outstanding and something I'm not used to all the way down to sending someone to pick me up at the airport when I arrive. Folks your not going to find this with a lot of other brands. Did I leave some money on the table? Yeah I did because I had another deal in another state that was just a little bit lower but these guys at this dealership earned my business with their customer service. I couldn't be happier and I'm not sure about posting the names involved so I'll let you direct message me for those to share but if your in the market for a 2014 Ultra with a great discount. I know they have another one left. 17 percent off MSRP, I"ll gladly take that and smile all the way back to Ohio. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Old 03-31-15, 08:33 PM
nmbenz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
Congrats and welcome!

In IL they charge you tax only on the difference between the trade and new car purchase price. Is that not the case where you're from?
Not sure since this is the first time I've traded in. I tend to purchase and keepuntil the car falls apart. But the Mercedes was clearly not behaving so that is when I began to look at Lexus.
Old 03-31-15, 10:41 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aznplayboy
lol, there's no way in hell I can pull that off, they'll just tell me to GTFO! I believe I got about 12% off MSRP plus dealers options for FREE. Pulling the trigger today, thanks!
Congrats and welcome on board.
Old 04-01-15, 05:09 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by cstone3636
Alright everyone, I bought a 2014 ES 350 Ultra with Levinson package with about every option today after doing weeks of research and going back and forth between the 2015 Hyundai Genesis and the 2015 and 2014 Lexus ES 350. I'll talk about that issue in the Genesis forum later on but I thank everyone who posted their numbers on here as it helped me work the negotiation process. Car stickered at $50,017 and I got it for $41,817 at a Lexus dealership in Minneapolis.

I am flying from Ohio tomorrow to go pick it up and let me tell you guys and gals the customer service displayed by the salesman and sales manager at this dealership was outstanding and something I'm not used to all the way down to sending someone to pick me up at the airport when I arrive. Folks your not going to find this with a lot of other brands. Did I leave some money on the table? Yeah I did because I had another deal in another state that was just a little bit lower but these guys at this dealership earned my business with their customer service. I couldn't be happier and I'm not sure about posting the names involved so I'll let you direct message me for those to share but if your in the market for a 2014 Ultra with a great discount. I know they have another one left. 17 percent off MSRP, I"ll gladly take that and smile all the way back to Ohio. Thanks for sharing everyone.
Congratulations on a great deal and welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 04-02-15, 09:46 AM
sharmila19
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cstone3636

Awesome deal my friend......I guess you are on your way driving the car car back to ohio....

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?