ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-14, 10:05 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by bmurray3
Sure. I'm positive other people have done better than me in negotiations. I personally don't see taking things past a reasonable and comfortable level. I was just sharing my experience, which to me was positive as far as car sales are concerned. I couldn't find your deal in going back a few pages, but i'm sure you left nothing on the table which is great and works for you. My experience works for me so we are both happy.
Bottom line: If you're happy with your deal, that's all that matters. I, also, didn't get anywhere near the best deals I've seen on here. However, like you, I'm very happy with how everything worked out.

Congrats on your new ride!
Old 12-08-14, 01:27 PM
twoweeled
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bunka
I hear ya on the wife decision component. Same thing here but to make things more complicated, the NX300h is in our sites and we will not buy anything we haven't had a chance to test drive so that puts us in limbo as well.

I would hope that you can still get a killer deal on an ES300h as there are people getting 2014 ES300H's discounted as much as 15% off MSRP
I wanted to look at cars this last weekend, but I can't get her to narrow it down. The wife test drove a fiat 500 E. LOVED IT! I can't get her to narrow it down to 2 vehicles! I hope she doesn't test drive any motorcycles!
If I push her, I know she'll just throw a dart, in order to get something new. It's tough being a male!
Old 12-08-14, 01:30 PM
twoweeled
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by es350tang6
the $43,390 was for out the door with tax & license.
Thank you very much for that info!
Old 12-11-14, 02:32 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On 12/18/14 we picked up our '14 White/Gray ES 300h equipped with Navi, Luxury, PCS, Lane Departure, Blind Spot monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Intuitive Parking Assist, Bamboo & Leather Trimmed HEATED Steering Wheel (Wife's 2nd most improtant feature), Power Trunk Closer, Power Rear Sunshade, Rain Sensing Wipers with Deicer, All Weather Floor Mats (also on her list believe it or not), Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks and Key Gloves (which I actuallt like) for $44,275 ($49,462 MSRP). The final sales price was slightly higher than it could have been as this dealer had to trade another dealer and cover shipping for both vehicles each direction otherwise it would have been $43,650. Even at this higher price, it was still $600 less expensive than the local dealer wanted for a similar vehicle (wrong color combo) on their local lot so I think we got a SCREAMING DEAL!

Last edited by bunka; 12-23-14 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-25-14, 02:13 PM
gemigniani
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Earlier in the model year, the difference between MSRP and invoice for the ES was about 11 or 12%. A few months ago, Lexus raised its invoice prices on the the ES and, at the same time, kept the MSRP the same. The result is that, now, the difference between MSRP and invoice for the ES is, in fact, only about 6%.
I was wondering if others have substantiated this claim that the difference between MSRP and invoice for the ES is now only about 6% vs 11-12% earlier in the year? And if it is true, does it really mean Lexus dealers cannot discount as much off MSRP right now as compared to earlier in the year? Or might it mean corporate Lexus increased the % of the factory to dealer incentive (after the sale is made) which would mean dealers can still offer 10% discounts to the public (in high sales volume regions like coastal California and Dallas, Texas) off MSRP on the 2015 ES's? Thanks.

Last edited by gemigniani; 12-25-14 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-25-14, 04:37 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by gemigniani
I was wondering if others have substantiated this claim that the difference between MSRP and invoice for the ES is now only about 6% vs 11-12% earlier in the year? And if it is true, does it really mean Lexus dealers cannot discount as much off MSRP right now as compared to earlier in the year? Or might it mean corporate Lexus increased the % of the factory to dealer incentive (after the sale is made) which would mean dealers can still offer 10% discounts to the public (in high sales volume regions like coastal California and Dallas, Texas) off MSRP on the 2015 ES's? Thanks.
You should note that the post that you quoted is from over 3 months ago, and the relationship between invoice and MSRP that I was discussing applied to the 2014 ES at that time. Lots of things have changed since that post. Not only are we in the 2015 model year, but, at this time, relatively early in the 2015 model year, I doubt that the relationship between invoice and MSRP now for a 2015 is the same as it was in September, when it was late in the 2014 model year. In any model year, pricing information from 3 months earlier is pretty much obsolete and irrelevant at the current time.

Since I'm not currently in the market for a new ES, it has been a while since I've checked out invoice and MSRP information for the vehicle, but I doubt that it is identical to what it was 3 months ago, 6 months ago, or a year ago. A quick visit to Edmunds.com should allow you easily to determine the current percentage difference between invoice and MSRP for a 2015 ES.
Old 12-25-14, 06:19 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Lexus of Austin. I got ES350, listed for around $41k I paid $35,400. They make great deals in Texas and California
Traded my ES350 with 5k miles on it after owning it for 8 months. Traded for a 3 year old LX570 with 28k miles perfect Lexus service record. Looks new MSRP was $90k+ when new. I paid $21k difference. . Beat that deal!!!
Old 12-25-14, 07:20 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Traded my ES350 with 5k miles on it after owning it for 8 months. Traded for a 3 year old LX570 with 28k miles perfect Lexus service record. Looks new MSRP was $90k+ when new. I paid $21k difference. . Beat that deal!!!
Maybe not as good as you might think perhaps. Using 3 years of separation on base models only, here is the comparsion... A 2010 LX570 KBB trade value is approximately $48K whereas a 2013 ES with 5K miles is worth $30K so you may have "overpaid" by about $3K but as long as you are happy.

The more pertinent question here may be ..."Why did you get out of your ES after ONLY 8 months?"
Old 12-25-14, 07:36 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gemigniani
I think you are a bit off on your figures. I believe the prior invoice had been 6% and is now 3% but it was/is little more than a marketing ploy.

Since more and more buyers are asking for "Invoice price" (as they "think" that means cost) and then negotiating from there. You hear it all the time from buyer... just ask for "invoice price" to get the BEST DEAL! However, if a product vendor can "arbitrarily" change their "invoice" price point as Lexus has done here, it shows that "INVOICE" is no longer a TRUE "cost" but rather is simply a marketing tool. It is essentially the same as cutting the potential discount in HALF. Buyers are no longer saving what they "think" they have been saving.

Forget the term "Invoice price" when referencing lexus vehicles as it no longer means anything. Rather, you will notice, from public forums like this one, that buyers can get as much as 15% off MSRP 2014 model ES's (MSRP never changed). You can get 3% off MSRP on es orders so there are your low and high water marks for discounts on lexus ES models.

If you are shopping one of the newer, hotter models like the NX, you can forget all these figures as most are simply having to pay MSRP to get them. Only a few have gotten even the 3% off ordered NXs and those were repeat buyers who have spent $500K with that dealer in the past 5 years.

Last edited by bunka; 12-25-14 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-25-14, 07:49 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Maybe not as good as you might think perhaps. Using 3 years of separation on base models only, here is the comparsion... A 2010 LX570 KBB trade value is approximately $48K whereas a 2013 ES with 5K miles is worth $30K so you may have "overpaid" by about $3K but as long as you are happy.

The more pertinent question here may be ..."Why did you get out of your ES after ONLY 8 months?"
They did not make LX570 for 2012, mine was built in October of 2011, it would of been a 2012 if they built them. But they built 2011's for 2 years and then came out with a 2013. Look up a 2011 with 28k miles and you will see what it's worth. If you do the numbers if they gave me $31 for mine I bought theirs for only $52k which is less then tradein value for a 2011. Average retail for a 2011 LX570 with 28k miles is $64k. I look at it this way. I paid $35k for my ES350 drove it for free and bought the LX570 for $56k which is $8k under retail value. Last month one just like mine with 30k miles sold for $65k in Houston. The reason I bought it is that Iv'e had several LX470's the LX is Lexus premier vehicle and it is built on another level. My ES350 was a 2014, trust me I knw the numbers.
Old 12-25-14, 08:20 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

They did not make LX570 for 2012, mine was built in October of 2011, it would of been a 2012 if they built them. But they built 2011's for 2 years and then came out with a 2013. Look up a 2011 with 28k miles and you will see what it's worth. If you do the numbers if they gave me $31 for mine I bought theirs for only $52k which is less then tradein value for a 2011. Average retail for a 2011 LX570 with 28k miles is $64k. I look at it this way. I paid $35k for my ES350 drove it for free and bought the LX570 for $56k which is $8k under retail value. Last month one just like mine with 30k miles sold for $65k in Houston. The reason I bought it is that Iv'e had several LX470's the LX is Lexus premier vehicle and it is built on another level. My ES350 was a 2014, trust me I knw the numbers.
Good to hear that you did not have any major issues with your ES that drove you to the LX. It seems that many are buying the ES for the fuel economy which obviously wasn't a driving factor in your case as the LX might as well be a tank. It IS a nice luxurious vehicle but it also drinks fuel like we drink water.
Old 12-25-14, 08:32 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Good to hear that you did not have any major issues with your ES that drove you to the LX. It seems that many are buying the ES for the fuel economy which obviously wasn't a driving factor in your case as the LX might as well be a tank. It IS a nice luxurious vehicle but it also drinks fuel like we drink water.
Drinks premium at a 13 mpg rate around town. Did get 18.5 on a highway trip I think the ES is a great vehicle. Should be good for several hundred thousand trouble free miles. The 2013+ is right at the same size and HP as my old 1995 LS400. Enjoy
Old 12-30-14, 10:50 PM
jiping
Driver School Candidate

Dallas, TX
Got a white 2014 ES 350 with Nav before the holiday. Dealship was full of people and that was the last one in stock.
MSRP $44k+, sale price $5500 off (12.5%), including tint and some freebies. If someone spent more time on negotiation he could probably get $6000 off. I just made some calls and closed the deal very quickly though.
Old 12-31-14, 05:12 AM
ISSHIN
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up a 2015 ES 350 Atomic Silver base model last night. I got 2800 off MSRP, so I think it was about 7.7% off there in SC. That was the best deal I could get around here. It seems that TX, and CA give the best deals around.
Old 12-31-14, 08:52 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jiping
Dallas, TX
Got a white 2014 ES 350 with Nav before the holiday. Dealship was full of people and that was the last one in stock.
MSRP $44k+, sale price $5500 off (12.5%), including tint and some freebies. If someone spent more time on negotiation he could probably get $6000 off. I just made some calls and closed the deal very quickly though.
Good job!!!!

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?