Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-14, 07:58 AM
Neoxagon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRMichigan
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have never owned a Lexus before. I am getting a 2013 ES 350 with 30,300 miles on it for $30,280 without taxes, out of the door price is $32,500 from a Porsche dealer. I think the car has luxury package, navigation, blind spot monitoring, heated steering wheel and seats, power back sun shade. The car still has factory warranty for 20 months and another 19,700 miles. My question is that is it a good deal?? The car is not a CPO because it is a Porsche dealer. Any and all replies will be appreciated. Thank you.
Hmm, we should probably keep this thread for NEW car prices and perhaps create a different one for USED prices?
Old 08-04-14, 09:20 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by SRMichigan
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have never owned a Lexus before. I am getting a 2013 ES 350 with 30,300 miles on it for $30,280 without taxes, out of the door price is $32,500 from a Porsche dealer. I think the car has luxury package, navigation, blind spot monitoring, heated steering wheel and seats, power back sun shade. The car still has factory warranty for 20 months and another 19,700 miles. My question is that is it a good deal?? The car is not a CPO because it is a Porsche dealer. Any and all replies will be appreciated. Thank you.
Without knowing all of the options on the vehicle, I would guess that the original MSRP of the vehicle was somewhere around $43,000-44,000. In your area, the original buyer probably paid somewhere between $40,500 and $42,000 for the car. The current trade-in value for the vehicle, as you have described it, is, according to Edmunds, a little under $29,000 in your area. According to Edmunds, the average private party sale price for the vehicle should be a little under $32,000, and the price from a dealer should be around $33,500. Considering that the vehicle is still (a little) under 2 years old, I'm not sure that you are going to do much better in your area than what the Porsche dealer is asking. If you were living in a region like Southern California, where new Lexus vehicles are much more heavily discounted, the value of a used ES would be lower, but, in Michigan, discounting on a new ES is not especially high, and, thus, a used ES is likely to cost a bit more than it would in an area where new vehicles are more heavily discounted.
Old 08-24-14, 10:56 PM
zhiminwen
Driver School Candidate

This thread is so quiet. Anyway, I am looking to buy a 2014 ES350 or ES300h, Navigation/Premium Audio Package, MSRP $46908 for ES300h, $44147 for ES350. This is in Dallas area.

Has anyone purchased either model in Dallas area recently? What price payed, and from which dealer? Looking at the four dealers' website, they all have huge inventory for both models. I am trying to get a ballpark figure of what to expect. Not looking for the most competitive deal, a reasonable one would be fine. Thanks.
Old 08-25-14, 07:42 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

In Dallas you should be able to get $6k off that MSRP with not much negotiation. Don't get the crappy navigation system and the overpriced stereo upgrade and you can buy one for $35k. Your IPhone will sync with the base system and give you navigation or you can buy a Garmin for a couple of hundred that is superior to the Lexus Nav. Do some research on the stereo and you will see owners prefer the middle stereo versus the Mark Levinson. Good luck
Old 08-25-14, 09:13 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
In Dallas you should be able to get $6k off that MSRP with not much negotiation. Don't get the crappy navigation system and the overpriced stereo upgrade and you can buy one for $35k. Your IPhone will sync with the base system and give you navigation or you can buy a Garmin for a couple of hundred that is superior to the Lexus Nav. Do some research on the stereo and you will see owners prefer the middle stereo versus the Mark Levinson. Good luck
I happen to like my ML better. I had the new amp installed and it rocks.
Old 08-26-14, 06:18 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zhiminwen
This thread is so quiet. Anyway, I am looking to buy a 2014 ES350 or ES300h, Navigation/Premium Audio Package, MSRP $46908 for ES300h, $44147 for ES350. This is in Dallas area.

Has anyone purchased either model in Dallas area recently? What price payed, and from which dealer? Looking at the four dealers' website, they all have huge inventory for both models. I am trying to get a ballpark figure of what to expect. Not looking for the most competitive deal, a reasonable one would be fine. Thanks.
Also get the navigation.. Not only does the ones you stick on the window look ridiculous when you go to sell or trade in you will be SO GLAD you have the Lexus navigation.
Good luck!!
Old 08-26-14, 06:32 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusxoxo
Also get the navigation.. Not only does the ones you stick on the window look ridiculous when you go to sell or trade in you will be SO GLAD you have the Lexus navigation.
Good luck!!
Absolutely. While there is no question that the navigation system is overpriced, it is also the case that there is no other option that will return a higher percentage of its original cost at resale/trade-in time than a navigation system. More than any other option, navigation systems have a high level of appeal to used car buyers, and used car managers at dealerships like to take in trade-ins with navigation systems because they know that the likelihood is that those navigation system-equipped vehicles are not going to stay in their used car inventories very long.

Also, even if the data in the navigation system may not always be up-to-date, for me, just having the easy-to-read map constantly available in a convenient location makes the navigation system worth having. And the location of the screen in the ES makes it the easiest to read map screen that I've had in any of the vehicles that I've owned with navigation systems.
Old 09-02-14, 08:31 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lesz
Absolutely. While there is no question that the navigation system is overpriced, it is also the case that there is no other option that will return a higher percentage of its original cost at resale/trade-in time than a navigation system. More than any other option, navigation systems have a high level of appeal to used car buyers, and used car managers at dealerships like to take in trade-ins with navigation systems because they know that the likelihood is that those navigation system-equipped vehicles are not going to stay in their used car inventories very long.

Also, even if the data in the navigation system may not always be up-to-date, for me, just having the easy-to-read map constantly available in a convenient location makes the navigation system worth having. And the location of the screen in the ES makes it the easiest to read map screen that I've had in any of the vehicles that I've owned with navigation systems.
With smart phones and Bluetooth your phone acts as a navigation system that is better and easier to use then the ES navigation system. The way technology is advancing you will never get your money back on tradein that you paid for the crappy navigation system that comes on the current ES.
Old 09-04-14, 01:40 PM
jchong0715
Driver School Candidate

Got ES350 in Labor day weekend.
MSRP:43120 With Navigation
$37660+ttl OTD:$41500
in Southern California
I am satisfied with the price. Recommend Woodland Hill -Steve
Honest guy.
Old 09-15-14, 03:09 PM
renegad44
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jchong0715
Got ES350 in Labor day weekend.
MSRP:43120 With Navigation
$37660+ttl OTD:$41500
in Southern California
I am satisfied with the price. Recommend Woodland Hill -Steve
Honest guy.
That's usually how I roll, do some leg work and if I can get out the door with the vehicle I've selected for a couple grand below sticker that includes TTL, I'm happy. For instance, sticker price on my wife's 2013 ES350 (with lots of stuff, to include the 18" wheels, spoiler, NAV, window shades) was $44,987. I walked out the door in Louisiana at $42,678. and that was with TTL, satisfied!!

Did that with my 4Runner LE in 2011...sticker price fully loaded...no third seat, but pull out cargo tray..was $42889. OTD, TTL $40410, I can live with that.

That's how I usually like to negotiate a clear understanding in my mind full price including TTL.
Old 09-16-14, 12:19 AM
new2all
Driver School Candidate

This will be my first lexus. Can someone guide me on the pricing.

2014 ES 350 ultra lux and sticker is $49,968. The dealer wants $45,000 +TTL

There is another 2014 ES 350 sticker is $47,533 and the dealer wants $44,000 + TTL
Old 09-16-14, 08:01 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With smart phones and Bluetooth your phone acts as a navigation system that is better and easier to use then the ES navigation system. The way technology is advancing you will never get your money back on tradein that you paid for the crappy navigation system that comes on the current ES.
My 75 year old father doesn't have a smartphone and when he borrows my car I'm so glad I have the Lexus Nav in there. No one said you would get all your money back but my trade in value will be a lot more than ones without.

Last edited by Lexusxoxo; 09-18-14 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-18-14, 08:21 AM
caroholic
Driver School Candidate

Default ES300h

You can take 13% off the entire MSRP, that is what they can sell if for now with the current Lexus incentives. Your tradein is another factor in the deal, figure out what it is worth and now you know the numbers. Remember if they start adding ad dons to the deal everything changes. Good luck.
Can anyone let me know where I may find close to 13% of MSRP deal on 2014 ES300h
with luxury package and navigation which typically has an MSRP just shy of 47000

I stay in Raleigh NC but am willing to drive on a weekend to DC or further get deals

Thanks
Old 09-18-14, 08:52 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caroholic
Can anyone let me know where I may find close to 13% of MSRP deal on 2014 ES300h
with luxury package and navigation which typically has an MSRP just shy of 47000

I stay in Raleigh NC but am willing to drive on a weekend to DC or further get deals

Thanks
I got my deal in Austin Texas
Old 09-19-14, 06:50 AM
caroholic
Driver School Candidate

I got my deal in Austin Texas
Can you point me to the dealer/salesperson whom you dealt with and what car with what config you got . I sent you a PM

What are the deals others are getting currently on ES300h 2014 DC NJ Atlanta or Florida.?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?