ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 06:24 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Are you trying to say a 6.5% tax rate is high?
My thoughts too. I'd welcome 6.5% sales tax.
Old 04-14-14, 06:49 AM
Neoxagon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
MSRP $40,950 paid $35,695. Tag/title $125, tax 6.5% - damn that hurt!! Oh yah they tinted my windows for $125. That was it. Did I mention tax was 6.5% . Thanks everyone for your posts it helped me know what a good deal might look like. It's funny I've wasted a lot of money in my life but I hate to leave to much money on the table on a car deal
12.8% off MRSP isn't too shabby.

Tax sucks, but we have to finance welfare for the industrial military complex & Petro Dollar wars, somehow.
Old 04-14-14, 08:12 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Are you trying to say a 6.5% tax rate is high?
I know that is not bad, but 3% would of been better
Old 04-19-14, 12:02 PM
Slowlllly
Driver School Candidate

Just got a new 2014 ES 350 Nav model with Luxury Package (black exterior and interior). I also upgraded the wheels to the 18" Lexus chrome rims and got free window tinting. MSRP was $46,042. I drove it off the lot for $41,579 + TT&L. Very happy with the deal overall. Sale was in Dallas, TX.
Old 04-19-14, 02:09 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowlllly
Just got a new 2014 ES 350 Nav model with Luxury Package (black exterior and interior). I also upgraded the wheels to the 18" Lexus chrome rims and got free window tinting. MSRP was $46,042. I drove it off the lot for $41,579 + TT&L. Very happy with the deal overall. Sale was in Dallas, TX.
Good deal.
Old 04-19-14, 10:04 PM
PARANOiA2M
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased an Obsidian exterior w/Black Leather interior 2014 ES 300h, Nav/Premium Audio + Luxury Package. Additional options included: Bamboo & leather trimmed heated steering wheel, power rear sunshade, rain-sensing wipers with deicer, blind spot monitor, HID headlamps, park assist, and trunk mat/cargo net/wheel locks/rear bumper applique. MSRP of $46,913--I took it away for $41,855 + tax, title, reg. Even got them to throw in a few Lexus coffee mugs for free (black, blue, and red!) Felt like this was an awesome deal for a hybrid model--deal made in Sharon, MA.
Old 04-23-14, 08:56 PM
Mhobizal
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I' will be taking delivery of a 2014 ES300h tomorrow. I've been reading everyone's posts and really appreciate the comments I've read. I was only successful at getting 4k off MSRP, but there were only 3 cars in the state of Texas with the combo of options I wanted: Obsidian Black, black interior, Ultra Lux with Mark Levinson system. Dealer had to do some fancy car swapping to make it happen.

Had compared to a Lincoln MKZ hybrid which I drove several times. The Lincoln was not as quite, THX system does not come close to Mark Levinson and interior build quality also not as good.
Old 04-24-14, 06:12 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mhobizal
I' will be taking delivery of a 2014 ES300h tomorrow. I've been reading everyone's posts and really appreciate the comments I've read. I was only successful at getting 4k off MSRP, but there were only 3 cars in the state of Texas with the combo of options I wanted: Obsidian Black, black interior, Ultra Lux with Mark Levinson system. Dealer had to do some fancy car swapping to make it happen.

Had compared to a Lincoln MKZ hybrid which I drove several times. The Lincoln was not as quite, THX system does not come close to Mark Levinson and interior build quality also not as good.
Congrats! You will love the ES300h. I have had mine for about 7 months and love it more everyday.
Old 04-28-14, 05:00 PM
Neoxagon
Driver

9.7% off MRSP is "okay" but it sounds like a nice ride!
Old 04-28-14, 05:01 PM
Neoxagon
Driver

Originally Posted by PARANOiA2M
I just purchased an Obsidian exterior w/Black Leather interior 2014 ES 300h, Nav/Premium Audio + Luxury Package. Additional options included: Bamboo & leather trimmed heated steering wheel, power rear sunshade, rain-sensing wipers with deicer, blind spot monitor, HID headlamps, park assist, and trunk mat/cargo net/wheel locks/rear bumper applique. MSRP of $46,913--I took it away for $41,855 + tax, title, reg. Even got them to throw in a few Lexus coffee mugs for free (black, blue, and red!) Felt like this was an awesome deal for a hybrid model--deal made in Sharon, MA.
10.8% off MSRP, not bad. 15% off would be a stellar deal. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 04-30-14, 11:11 AM
mahworld
Driver School Candidate

Live in western PA. Have only contacted the 2 dealerships in Pittsburgh which are owned by the same person. Looking to buy a new 2013 or 2014 ES300h. Fairly flexible with options and colors. Will be contacting other dealerships in OH and PA within 250 mile radius. I have only negotiated a 3.2-3.4% discount from MSRP on 2014 and 6.8%-7.9% on 2013. Any advice on getting a better deal? I have not invested in Fighting Chance or CarBargains yet - considering one or both. I have time flexibility, but want to buy before winter returns. Grateful for any advice on how to move forward. I guess I'll try to negotiate closer to end of Q2 and/or Q3 if that helps.

Will probably finance the car. I have a trade-in. Beautiful 2005 LS 430 that was my dad's in FL. I bought it from him last year, but the rear-wheel drive will not cut it in western PA. Less than 49,000 miles, minimal body wear (surface scratches and tiny dent on passenger door). Have had it appraised at 15k-17k from multiple dealerships.

Thanks for all of the help that I have read already and for any more help on this thread.
Old 04-30-14, 11:29 AM
Slowlllly
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mahworld
Live in western PA. Have only contacted the 2 dealerships in Pittsburgh which are owned by the same person. Looking to buy a new 2013 or 2014 ES300h. Fairly flexible with options and colors. Will be contacting other dealerships in OH and PA within 250 mile radius. I have only negotiated a 3.2-3.4% discount from MSRP on 2014 and 6.8%-7.9% on 2013. Any advice on getting a better deal? I have not invested in Fighting Chance or CarBargains yet - considering one or both. I have time flexibility, but want to buy before winter returns. Grateful for any advice on how to move forward. I guess I'll try to negotiate closer to end of Q2 and/or Q3 if that helps.

Will probably finance the car. I have a trade-in. Beautiful 2005 LS 430 that was my dad's in FL. I bought it from him last year, but the rear-wheel drive will not cut it in western PA. Less than 49,000 miles, minimal body wear (surface scratches and tiny dent on passenger door). Have had it appraised at 15k-17k from multiple dealerships.

Thanks for all of the help that I have read already and for any more help on this thread.
I ran into a similar problem being from Oklahoma. There are only 2 Lexus dealerships in the state so I ended up driving down to Plano, TX, to buy my 2014 ES 350. It really depends on how competitive the market is. In Oklahoma both dealerships would only offer 4-5% off of MSRP max. I ended up getting double the discount by making the drive south to get the new car where there is greater competition to selling cars.

I'd probably use FightingChance and see what they can make happen. Good luck with your search.
Old 04-30-14, 05:36 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mahworld

Or you can try truecar.
I was able to get about 9.5% off MSRP in NJ.
Old 04-30-14, 07:40 PM
mahworld
Driver School Candidate

I ran into a similar problem being from Oklahoma. There are only 2 Lexus dealerships in the state so I ended up driving down to Plano, TX, to buy my 2014 ES 350. It really depends on how competitive the market is. In Oklahoma both dealerships would only offer 4-5% off of MSRP max. I ended up getting double the discount by making the drive south to get the new car where there is greater competition to selling cars.

I'd probably use FightingChance and see what they can make happen. Good luck with your search.
Thanks. Looks like Fighting Chance is basically a guide of how to conduct the process as well as information. Not sure what CarBargains would be able to do, but I may go that route. Extra $200+ for them to do the work. I checked inventory for each OH and PA dealership. Ohio seems to share the same inventory (217 2014), western PA (23 2014), and central-eastern PA (55 2014). None list 2013, but I know there are 5 in western PA. Doesn't seem like 12%-15% off msrp for 2014 is possible in this area. Oh, well. I will wait and see.
Old 04-30-14, 07:50 PM
mahworld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bootman
Or you can try truecar.
I was able to get about 9.5% off MSRP in NJ.
I tried all of the PA area zip codes, and nothing from truecar. There was one dealer in NW OH, but the discount was terrible. Truecar lists the base msrp and the savings. While I assume the discount would be similar percentage-wise, the info they seem to be providing is skeptical since there are 0 base models represented on all of the OH and PA Lexus dealer websites.

No interest in going to NJ to save a few hundred bucks, though I am in the area often enough to do a deal. Looking for the 5-6k savings I see quoted in CA and other areas vs. 1200 in PA.

What year did you buy and when? I guess 9.5% for a 2014 might be worth it. Did you buy the car and did you have a trade-in?

Thanks for the tip though. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?