ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-14, 02:36 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

For January ES sales were -24% (one month only) that could help in new car negotiations if dealers are looking to increase their volume.
Old 02-04-14, 04:18 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if this is indicative to the down industry during the month, or just the ES?
Old 02-04-14, 05:14 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Arty101
I wonder if this is indicative to the down industry during the month, or just the ES?
I don't really know. The IS (new) posted big gains and the GS and RX both had more modest gains. Could it be that ES sales have peaked since it's been on the market for a while with big monthly gains since launch?
Old 02-04-14, 05:25 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I don't really know. The IS (new) posted big gains and the GS and RX both had more modest gains. Could it be that ES sales have peaked since it's been on the market for a while with big monthly gains since launch?
That's exactly what I'm wondering. Peaked during the launch and peters out, which is strange for their second biggest seller behind the RX.
Old 02-04-14, 05:59 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

That's exactly what I'm wondering. Peaked during the launch and peters out, which is strange for their second biggest seller behind the RX.
It seems kind of early for sales to be pooping out. I can see them tailing off over time. Maybe this is an anomaly?

Last edited by LexBob2; 02-04-14 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-07-14, 11:18 PM
eshybrid14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread was very helpful. Scored:

MSRP: 46435
INVOICE: 44049
PAID: 40849 + TTL. Cash purchase.

This is 12% off MSRP and 7.3% ($3200) under Invoice. I called most dealers in Southern CA and had them bid twice per Fighting Chance and that was it. They threw in every service up through 20k (which is likely standard). Three guys to call in So Cal based on my negotiations are Saab at Keyes Van Nuys, Stephen at Longo, Jerry Ede at South Bay. If you ask once for the absolute best price, deep discount on this type of purchase, you will be taken care of.

From my research and talking with Sales Managers who couldn't touch the deal, anything better than 7% off of invoice is a great deal. I don't know that you can do too much better in SoCal right now.

The vast majority of Lexus Sales Managers were great to deal with except for Lexus of Woodland Hills. The guy wouldn't even quote over the phone saying "I've never sold a car over the phone in 25 years" and was pretty rude to what is today a very common request. Steer clear. What a douche.

Last edited by eshybrid14; 02-08-14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-08-14, 11:24 AM
CyberDoc
Driver School Candidate

I will be using Fighting Chance and have CarBargains do the competetive bidding for me. (Used this for the last 3 cars purchased and always pleased with the below dealer invoice price). Did you get extended warranty and if so, any good bargains out there? I'm looking at getting the 2014 ES300h
Thanks
Old 02-09-14, 01:37 PM
joebruin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eshybrid14
This thread was very helpful. Scored:

MSRP: 46435
INVOICE: 44049
PAID: 40849 + TTL. Cash purchase.

This is 12% off MSRP and 7.3% ($3200) under Invoice. I called most dealers in Southern CA and had them bid twice per Fighting Chance and that was it. They threw in every service up through 20k (which is likely standard). Three guys to call in So Cal based on my negotiations are Saab at Keyes Van Nuys, Stephen at Longo, Jerry Ede at South Bay. If you ask once for the absolute best price, deep discount on this type of purchase, you will be taken care of.

From my research and talking with Sales Managers who couldn't touch the deal, anything better than 7% off of invoice is a great deal. I don't know that you can do too much better in SoCal right now.

The vast majority of Lexus Sales Managers were great to deal with except for Lexus of Woodland Hills. The guy wouldn't even quote over the phone saying "I've never sold a car over the phone in 25 years" and was pretty rude to what is today a very common request. Steer clear. What a douche.
I had a similar experience at Keyes in Van Nuys that you had at Woodland Hills. They would not give me a quote by email, just verbal quotes like very car is 5k off sticker. Keyes price on TrueCar is better than anything that they had offered me. I will definitely not bother with Keyes in the future.
Old 02-10-14, 06:33 AM
4x4tx
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked into fighting chance, what do they say is a target for these cars? how much under "invoice" are these dealers actually paying for these vehicles?
Old 02-10-14, 02:15 PM
Neoxagon
Driver

Sure the Accord hybrid doesn't compete directly against the ES Hybrid, but for those on the fence and budget-minded enough not to care about what the Jones next door think, the release of the new 50mpg (elbowing Prius directly in the gut of its territory) Honda Accord Hybrid most likely has had some kind of effect on the sales of the entire range of Toyota hybrids.

This is a mid-size sedan that can achieve 50mpg.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...id-test-review

It's not as fancy as the ES but it's definitely cheaper, and yet roomier and nicer than a Prius while getting similar MPG.

If Lexus doesn't upgrade their ES in time to compete, they will lose a chunk of this market to Honda.
Old 02-11-14, 07:42 PM
jakepdx
Rookie

Originally Posted by Neoxagon
Sure the Accord hybrid doesn't compete directly against the ES Hybrid, but for those on the fence and budget-minded enough not to care about what the Jones next door think, the release of the new 50mpg (elbowing Prius directly in the gut of its territory) Honda Accord Hybrid most likely has had some kind of effect on the sales of the entire range of Toyota hybrids. This is a mid-size sedan that can achieve 50mpg. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...id-test-review It's not as fancy as the ES but it's definitely cheaper, and yet roomier and nicer than a Prius while getting similar MPG. If Lexus doesn't upgrade their ES in time to compete, they will lose a chunk of this market to Honda.
I agree, I test drove one and loved it, but they're in incredibly short supply, and are not nearly as nice. But you're right, it will hopefully put more pressure on Lexus to really up their FE.
Old 02-12-14, 12:50 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neoxagon
Sure the Accord hybrid doesn't compete directly against the ES Hybrid, but for those on the fence and budget-minded enough not to care about what the Jones next door think, the release of the new 50mpg (elbowing Prius directly in the gut of its territory) Honda Accord Hybrid most likely has had some kind of effect on the sales of the entire range of Toyota hybrids.

This is a mid-size sedan that can achieve 50mpg.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...id-test-review

It's not as fancy as the ES but it's definitely cheaper, and yet roomier and nicer than a Prius while getting similar MPG.

If Lexus doesn't upgrade their ES in time to compete, they will lose a chunk of this market to Honda.
I'm sure the Accord hybrid will take sales from the ES. As you said, Lexus has to up their game especially the mpg for the hybrid.
Old 03-17-14, 05:48 PM
bogeygolf
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking to purchase 2013 ES300H with Luxury, Nav, BSM, etc. The MSRP is approx. 46,800 ish. I'm targeting about $9K off of MSRP for $37,800 + TTL. There is a current Manufacturer to Dealer incentive on the 2013 of $2500.
I'm looking to really get a great deal on the car. I'm in NE, so open to dealers in PA, NJ, NY, & CT. Do you think $9K off(incl. dealer incentive of $2.5K) is a great deal or can I do better? Has anyone gotten better deals?

Any dealer information would be appreciated... TIA
Old 03-17-14, 06:54 PM
Mhobizal
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just started pricing an ES350 and only got $3k off MSRP so far here in Houston. Not even close to other deals out there. I will need to shop around Texas.
Old 03-17-14, 07:35 PM
bogeygolf
Driver School Candidate

Did you call around? Don't go into dealers do everyone via email or phone. I was able to get $5K off the 2014 ES300H but looking for the 2013 as its basically same car but better discount. I would think the ES 350 would be even better deals as there is more inventory for them than the 300H...

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?