ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-12, 04:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I gotta admit...I'm getting screwed around. Never have been when shopping for a Lexus before.

One dealer offered me $500 off...the other is sticker...the other refused to even quote a price unless I came in and is just ignoring me.

The pricing isn't the big deal, its that the lease quotes are inflated. I was quoted $830 a month for a $43,700 ES with 18k miles a year and only first payment at drive off. When I wrestled the residual and money factor out of them my calculations brought the payment to $711, even at MSRP. When I hit them with that they said they could "do it for $750" a month instead of answering my specific questions about how they arrived at the $830 figure.

And thats the dealer I got the 2010 from! Different salesman, mine is gone. Very shady.
Old 09-19-12, 05:25 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

If you can, it sounds like it would be better to wait until demand goes down (and it will) and then you'll have much more leverage than now.
Old 09-19-12, 06:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Oh yeah, if I can't make the numbers work I'll just sit tight, I don't have to do anything until late next spring. I'm just kind of surprised how all these dealers have been...

I totally understand if MSRP is the best they can do, I'm a businessman but its the inflation of the lease payments and such and the outright refusal to even give me a quote that surprises me.
Old 09-20-12, 10:59 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
I gotta admit...I'm getting screwed around. Never have been when shopping for a Lexus before.

One dealer offered me $500 off...the other is sticker...the other refused to even quote a price unless I came in and is just ignoring me.

The pricing isn't the big deal, its that the lease quotes are inflated. I was quoted $830 a month for a $43,700 ES with 18k miles a year and only first payment at drive off. When I wrestled the residual and money factor out of them my calculations brought the payment to $711, even at MSRP. When I hit them with that they said they could "do it for $750" a month instead of answering my specific questions about how they arrived at the $830 figure.

And thats the dealer I got the 2010 from! Different salesman, mine is gone. Very shady.

Thats f'n ridiculous. You're estimated price sounds more on target considering the price of the car and the miles you need. Obviously, they're not running ANY deal right now. By Christmas, the tables will be turned.
Old 09-20-12, 12:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

This is hilarious...just got sent the lease breakdown...

$2,200 off MSRP...which is good. BUT...the residual is calculated incorrectly, $2k low, and I'm somehow being charged $1,400 in "capital additions" as well as looks like $3k in negative equity on the trade even though the trade value I was given is equal to my payoff per LFS. Why would I accept any negative equity on my 2010 lease? I'd just ride it till the end of the lease and give it back...

No wonder the payment is out of whack! Ridiculous! I've got a call in to the guy to go through this line by line and just see if they're stupid or if they're trying to screw me over. On top of that...when I run these figures through my lease calculator even as they are laid out, with the residual as only 56% instead of 60%, and all the fees I only get a payment of $716.69...not the $750 they are quoting. All done right with the proper residual and even the negative equity and all it should be $669.75 as per my calculations. At $669.75 I would do it.

On top of that, one of the other dealers just told me after a 4 day wait that their policy is not to give any price quotes or sample leases over the phone or email. I told them I guess I'll do business with one of the other 6 dealers in the area and thanked them for their time.

Last edited by SW17LS; 09-20-12 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-20-12, 01:12 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
This is hilarious...just got sent the lease breakdown...

$2,200 off MSRP...which is good. BUT...the residual is calculated incorrectly, $2k low, and I'm somehow being charged $1,400 in "capital additions" as well as looks like $3k in negative equity on the trade even though the trade value I was given is equal to my payoff per LFS. Why would I accept any negative equity on my 2010 lease? I'd just ride it till the end of the lease and give it back...

No wonder the payment is out of whack! Ridiculous! I've got a call in to the guy to go through this line by line and just see if they're stupid or if they're trying to screw me over. On top of that...when I run these figures through my lease calculator even as they are laid out, with the residual as only 56% instead of 60%, and all the fees I only get a payment of $716.69...not the $750 they are quoting. All done right with the proper residual and even the negative equity and all it should be $669.75 as per my calculations. At $669.75 I would do it.

On top of that, one of the other dealers just told me after a 4 day wait that their policy is not to give any price quotes or sample leases over the phone or email. I told them I guess I'll do business with one of the other 6 dealers in the area and thanked them for their time.
i could see if your neg equity were an issue, but that was apparently equal, so a non-issue. so they pulled 3K out of their ***, then the cap cost ADDITION! LOL! i deal exclusively online with my dealer. won't even go in until we have an agreement and papers are ready to be signed. good luck!!!
Old 09-20-12, 01:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I talked to him.

It looks like they are charging me $.20 a mile upfront for the additional 9k miles over the life of the lease...but then also adjusting the residual for the mileage...which obviously isn't correct. If I'm just being charged the mileage penalties and financing them...I'll just pay the mileage penalties at the end if I can't trade out of it.

I told him to send me another worksheet taking the trade out of it and 15k miles per year instead of 18k, we'll see if that makes more sense.

Crazy! Never had an experience like this with Lexus...always very straightforward.
Old 09-20-12, 04:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I told the guy to just forget it. I figured out how they were reflecting it, the good news is that they were not double charging me for the mileage, they were factoring that into the residual and showing it on the printout, but it wasn't going into the cap cost. With some playing around I did get my calculator to spit out the same payment.

The original dealer I spoke to over a month ago had a better deal even at only $500 off. He had me out of my lease clean, doesn't have a $400 doc fee, I figure he's ahead by about $700, and according to my calculations the payments under that scenario would be about $30-40 more than I'm paying now, which I think is reasonable.

I'm going to contact him back and see what he could do at this point, and make a decision whether to do this now, or wait until the spring. That $500 off quote was on basically the first car they had to sell, so we'll see, maybe he can do a little better. If he can do even $500 better I'd be within $15 of where I am now...

Keep y'all posted.
Old 09-26-12, 07:57 PM
edh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked my ES up. Got $750 off the sticker and a spoiler added.

It had the luxury package and a few additions.
Old 09-28-12, 07:45 AM
Aristanet
Driver

$500 over invoice
Old 09-28-12, 09:03 AM
toecurling
Driver School Candidate

I've been looking around for an ES 300h and want to get a good idea of a price to better negotiate with dealers.

What are the invoice prices that people are getting on their cars? And are people getting luxury packages with or without the leather package? The combination of packages and options makes it hard to compare!
Old 09-28-12, 04:55 PM
lemon397
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we are looking to order a star fire pearl ES 300H. We went to dealership and got a price with Ultra luxury package of 47k all inclusive. what is a fair price for a fully loaded model? Now that car was available at that time on the lot but the color we want needs to be ordered.
Old 09-30-12, 01:11 PM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Been getting quotes in So Cal for an ES 350 Ultra Luxury with Mark Levinson, all options available. $2k off MSRP is the best so far... Anyone else getting numbers close to this?
Old 09-30-12, 01:30 PM
UncleBen
Rookie

Originally Posted by edh
Just picked my ES up. Got $750 off the sticker and a spoiler added.

It had the luxury package and a few additions.
Did you have a trade-in?
Old 10-01-12, 03:05 PM
lemon397
Rookie

Originally Posted by toecurling
I've been looking around for an ES 300h and want to get a good idea of a price to better negotiate with dealers.

What are the invoice prices that people are getting on their cars? And are people getting luxury packages with or without the leather package? The combination of packages and options makes it hard to compare!
did you find any pricing. I see that 2k below msrp is fair price.

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?