ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

SiriusXM Data Services problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-12, 02:06 PM
jetman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A320pilot
Picked up my ES300h and Travel Link is not working. The details in the above quote are exactly what happened to me. Anybody have a solution to this? SiriusXM…any input how to solve the problem.
After all the problems I had (I am the OP) I complained by e-mail to both SiriusXM and Lexus Customer Service. I don't who who exactly solved the problem, but within a week everything was working properly.

A week or so after the problem was solved, I received a follow-up call from Lexus. They told me that they had a dedicated customer service contact with SiriusXM, so my guess is that it was Lexus who eventually got the situation straightened out. The Lexus rep apologized for my inconvenience and told me that they would be giving me a $200 service credit for my troubles! Sure enough, few days later I received a letter in the mail containing the service credit. I plan on using the credit towards purchase of snow tires at my dealership later this month.

The service credit was totally unexpected, especially in that large of an amount. It shows to me that Lexus really does care about customer satisfaction. I was really impressed; that gesture helped build brand loyalty in my mind.

BTW, I never even received a follow-up from SiriusXM.
Old 11-01-12, 04:11 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is it true that XM data service is free for 1 year, and XM radio good for 90 days on 2013 Lexus? That's what it says on the Lexus Drivers Enform subscription web site. I seem to remember that the Window Sticker said 1 year free trail for XM, but not sure if it was only for data or data/radio. I also recall the XM brochure says 90 days free trial, but only for radio?
Old 11-01-12, 05:15 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arty101
Is it true that XM data service is free for 1 year, and XM radio good for 90 days on 2013 Lexus? That's what it says on the Lexus Drivers Enform subscription web site. I seem to remember that the Window Sticker said 1 year free trail for XM, but not sure if it was only for data or data/radio. I also recall the XM brochure says 90 days free trial, but only for radio?
My sales person said that even though all literature states 90 days - that Lexus was able to extend that for one year. I am looking for verification from those who have had their cars longer than 90 days.
Old 11-01-12, 06:57 PM
chrisk008
Driver School Candidate

Exact same problems here. Was told by XM that the trial did not include blah, blah, blah. Went back and forth. Got frustrated and brought my car into service at the dealership. Took out a loaner and let them handle it. 8 hours later they got everything working. Said there was a challenge with the downloading. Everything worked great for four days and got in the car today and now the XM sports stopped working. The story continues.
Old 11-02-12, 05:47 PM
A320pilot
Driver

I think the solution to this problem if anyone is experiencing the above issues is to have your dealer contact their SiriusXM rep. After three days of nothing, my dealer's SiriusXM rep stepped in and within minutes problem solved.
Old 11-05-12, 06:09 AM
bobraynard
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interestingly enough, since I subscribed to this thread, it reminded me I need to get this XM thing sorted out. Imagine my surprise this morning when I tried to access XM Sports, XM Stocks, and XM weather they were now all working!
I'm sure the term thing still needs to be sorted out though...
Old 11-05-12, 08:44 AM
rjk212
Driver School Candidate

I did contact XM about length of the trial. According to XM and shown on my window sticker when I bought the car the XM radio is 90 days and XM weather, traffic, sports and stocks is one year. I am having an issue on traffic. On the XM traffic on my HS the traffic told you how far ahead there was "slow traffic" and how many miles it lasted. On the new trial for my ES300h I get the distance to the slow traffic, but not how many miles the "slow traffic" lasts. I do like that feature. I contacted XM and they reset my XM but no luck. I will call them again.
Old 11-05-12, 09:59 AM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by rjk212
I did contact XM about length of the trial. According to XM and shown on my window sticker when I bought the car the XM radio is 90 days and XM weather, traffic, sports and stocks is one year. I am having an issue on traffic. On the XM traffic on my HS the traffic told you how far ahead there was "slow traffic" and how many miles it lasted. On the new trial for my ES300h I get the distance to the slow traffic, but not how many miles the "slow traffic" lasts. I do like that feature. I contacted XM and they reset my XM but no luck. I will call them again.
Well according to my Lexus dealer the contract was changed after materials were printed - they said the new trial period was definitely one year.
Old 11-05-12, 10:08 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Well, after my 90 days, I hope I don't lose either XM radio or data. But then again, I could live without either after the trial period.
Old 11-06-12, 12:51 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by JerryKK
Well according to my Lexus dealer the contract was changed after materials were printed - they said the new trial period was definitely one year.
I just communicated with my dealer - they had it wrong! The basic music/news stations are a 90 day trial period - the weather/traffic stations are one year.

Just wondering if anyone has found (or were offered) any good deals?
Old 11-20-12, 12:30 PM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JerryKK
I find that interesting - my dealer stated that for 2013 it was definitely a year free and while XM may tell you it's only three months - since this is a new extended period that it definitely would be a year. Has anyone had their car longer than three months who can state emphatically what the actual period is?
Hi there-

Send us an email with your contact/account info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about your trial with us.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Old 11-20-12, 03:50 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SiriusXM
Hi there-

Send us an email with your contact/account info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have about your trial with us.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
Now since we're all in the same forum of ES350 and ES300h (2013+), don't we all have the same trial period issue? Can't you just answer the question whether it's one year for both, or 90 days for the radio and 1 year for the data? I think this would clarify it for the majority of the people on this forum that have concerns about their XM trial. That would be helpful.